• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need To Revive This Place

quak

Smash Champion
your plan is? defibrillator? CPR? Tequila and strippers?

how is your thread going to help?

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
your plan is? defibrillator? CPR? Tequila and strippers?

how is your thread going to help?
You had me at Tequila and Strippers...

In all seriousness, we can convert more people to Mewtwos side. Prove ourselfs by winning more and trying harder. Taj is a big threat to people. Maybe we can be that too. If you see a noob convice him/her that Mewtwo is Top Tier.

I don't know. Just throwing out ideas. What ideas do you gots quak? Do you even use Mewtwo?

247Marthathon

Smash Cadet
i think the best idea would be like thunderbolt said, try and convert noobs to mewtwo. there will be a lot of newbies that want to play in anticipation for brawl. i am not a mewtwo player but i do on occasion.

bugball

Smash Apprentice
man, thanks to this guide/combo list/and over all Taj videos of mewtwo,i come back with my mewtwo, and leave the dark side of falcon. Sure i want see momore taj videos please

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Actually the final match was my Ice Climbers vs. Wobble's Mewtwo. :chuckle: I used Mewtwo against Bloodofthefallen's Sheik and some other people, but I can't say that I won the tournament with M2.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
the easiest way to revive imo would be a phoenix down...

im gonna play some m2 lol u've inspired me lol

Metà

Smash Master
I have an idea! Let's make a montage of Mewtwo vids! We can combine footage from great players like Taj, Mow, and Mookie, and mix it up with some fresh new Mewtwos like Shack and Airo. Then, at the end of the video, we'll say, "if you liked this video, post in the Mewtwo board!" Sound good?

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
You know what! I'm gonna get into some deep Mewtwo training starting right now until I become pro!

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
I have an idea! Let's make a montage of Mewtwo vids! We can combine footage from great players like Taj, Mow, and Mookie, and mix it up with some fresh new Mewtwos like Shack and Airo. Then, at the end of the video, we'll say, "if you liked this video, post in the Mewtwo board!" Sound good?
Sounds good to me :)

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
meta... you KNOW i have 0 videos....
shack... rarely records
mookirah.... very conservative
taj... NEVER RECORDS
umbreonmow... has better characters to play than mewtwo ...

how are we gunna pull this project together =.=

to start.
=/you really have to come over with your recorder so i can get a bit of recording done.
please please pretty please?

Metà

Smash Master
Oh man, I just made a long post, and then I clicked backspace a few times and it went back about 5 pages. -_- Oh well, I'll start over.

Airo, I will be bringing some vcrs to the next tourney, so we'll get some footage of you. : )

As for the others...well... There's enough Taj footage available, there's some older Mookie vids out there, and I have a few old Mow vids (not much though), and Shack, well...I dunno. I know there's plenty of great Mewtwo vids out there, we just need to find them all. We must scavenge Youtube/Google Video/teh hub/SWF for Mewtwo footage! Go, my fellow Mewtwo enthusiasts! Do my bidding! For the glory of Mewtwo!

^ ^

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
You probably want serious footage. I can't really play seriously even in tournament :ohwell: I can hopefully get some fun footage next time I'm in Rochester :)

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
mewtwo video conpendium by darkforce??

i believe ive seen all the mewtwo vids available smashboards, google, youtube, weird internet searches and whatnot. im always on the look.

With the ones we have right now.. im thinking we can make a 2 minute video =.= unless you include lord mewtwo, then we will have very cool slowmo roll to grab combos. ><

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Eh, maaaaayyyybe I can get a couple videos of me vs a couple of my friends. It'll probably be M2 vs Mario/Shiek/Doc/Roy. It'll have to be hand recorded though. So the quality won't be perfect.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
In not to long, I will obtain the means to record matches with excellent quality. Expect some very nice matches in the upcoming weeks. We need more Mewtwo avatars on the boards as well...

Metà

Smash Master
Airo, I think you're being reallly pessimistic. There's more than that out there, and we will have some new footage soon. Have you tried the hub?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i can try to record a match of mewtwo or two, of mine, if i get a noob at the tournament bailey is hosting, i'll play mewtwo and record it, i'm not using mewtwo on someone good, he's not up to that level yet

Metà

Smash Master
Bugball, did you draw that yourself? If so, we could use some more Mewtwo art from you. That pic is awesome. Hey, maybe we can start a thread about Mewtwo fanart (screw Artwork Emporium, we need this in the Mewtwo boards)! That way everyone can see my mspaint skills! ^ ^

EDIT: 900th post! Yayuhhz!

Metà

Smash Master
meta draws??? how come ive never heard of this. wooot this is extreme.
lol, sure, thats a good way to liven up mewtwo threads

personally, i do lots of photoshop, pencil work, and chinese painting o.o
Meta does everything. ^ ^

I do pixel art and editing mostly. Like, I'll take a simple model drawn by someone, then edit it for hours, pixel by pixel until it's perfect. I don't have enough drawing talent to just make up an original artwork. My artistic talent is limited to music and writing. I wish I could draw... I'm trying to do some hand-drawing (I usually use the computer), and I'm trying to do some anthropomorphic work (yeah, I loves teh furries :3), but I need to work sooo hard to achieve even the most mediocre results. I'm working on some Mewtwo art right now, but it's gonna suck. But hey, at least I can say I tried! ^ ^

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
While trying to "revive" the M2 boards is a vallient idea, I have just a few comments for the community to think about. 1. Why should we try and convince scrubs that m2 is top tier? most of them will drop m2 and whats worse is that we will suddenly have a ton of scub m2 players runnin around. Now no.2 I think that one of M2 greatest assets is the unknown. What I mean by that is, most smashers have never played a competitive M2 and therefore are going into the match blind. Because everyone thinks M2 is bad, nobody plays or knows how to play him well. From my experience I have had people laf at me when I pick m2 in a tourny. But by the end of the match there jaw is on the floor. Im sure all of you have experienced this. Im my personal oppinion I belive that this late in SSBM's competitve game, nobody will have the time to develop a character before SSBB. idk that's just my 2cents worth.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I disagree, I think there is plenty of time to develop a character before SSBB. Brawl probably won't even be out for 10 months. That's about how much time it took King the master Jiggly to become very well known in the Smash Community, let alone just discovering his character. But hey, I don't know either. I've never had the experience where everyone laughed at me for picking Mewtwo. People tend to be scared out of their mind when I pick Mewtwo, and it's kinda fun. :)

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
taj yoiu are too well known. Everyone has seen/heard about shadowclaw! lolz However here in Wisconsin, people tend to disregard that but anyway who cares. I thought that SSBB was coming out sometime this march. Am i wrong?

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Man, I hope Mewtwo is going to be in brawl. Even if they didn't change him at all, that would be better than nothing.

I don't know about increasing the Mewtwo player base though. Tons of people have it hammered into their head from these boards that he is useless. Only those who witness skilled Mewtwos first hand think differently, and those highly skilled Mewtwos are few and far between and take a long time to develop. Once I get my video equipment set up though, expect to see a good bit of videos coming in that will look very nice. It is kind of funny. I have been trying to catch up to Taj ever since I heard of him, and every time I get think I am getting closer, I find out that he beat Mewtwo King or Chudat or something like that. Keep raising the bar man. :cool:

Top Bottom