• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Some Tips

Uffe

Smash Hero
Link to original post: [drupal=1987]I Need Some Tips[/drupal]

Bad Habits That Need to Die
They say old habits die hard. Ain't that the truth? I haven't played Brawl for a long while now and I've picked up some habits fighting some useless level 9 CPU's in Melee. The few things I've noticed is that I roll towards my opponents quite often now. So rolling has become an issue. Even if it's not really the problem, I haven't been avoiding damage that I shouldn't have taken. I keep telling myself over and over again that I will not do it and I end up doing it anyway.

Another thing is being predictable. When you fight CPU's for the amount of time I have, you start to pick up methods that the computer player will never figure a way around. I've gotten to the point where I rely so much on certain combos when in reality, if that's the right word to go for, I should just go for whatever works and stop trying to replicate it over and over again on an actual player who has intelligence.

So what can I do about these problems? Can someone throw me some advice here? I used to not have these habits. At least I had gotten rid of them. I tell myself not to do something and I do it. So please, if anybody could help me, leave a comment below.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Play real people who will punish your bad habits.
If that doesn't happen, then try as hard as you can to treat the CPU like a human that you gotta be diverse against, even if you end up not doing as well. It's best to make the CPU's level not very high to achieve this. It's the next best thing after all, but obviously not ideal.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
If you don't have real people around, I believe just playing around in training mode works better than CPUs. I don't know...It worked out well for me...

Iggie

Smash Rookie
I agree with Teran completely.

The habit may take awhile to break, but it's not impossible. If you can brawl with a friend or connect to WFC, then I'm sure you'll devise new strategies and make it so that rolling towards the opponent is no longer a reflex.

A couple hundred losses taught me that... XDDDD

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He's talking about Melee though. >.<
Maylay has no wifi.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
OIC...It would have been so much easier help if he said that...
Well...I admit I have borderline zero knowledge with Ness, but Melee ATs were always difficult for me, so that's what I'd practice. I guess just training mode and practicing the usual...
Also, does Ness have a good crouch-cancel?

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I only fight level ones, twos, or I go to training mode. Level 9's are just supposed to be terrible practice + whats the point of fighting them? Beating a level 9 doesn't give me joy anymore (not since the days of item matches on hyrule temple, lol).

Top Bottom