• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some pros' advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I've been playing for a while now, and I would just like some VERY experienced people to evaluate what I am doing wrong. Whenever I watch other videos, I can clearly see what they are doing wrong, so could someone do the same for me plz? I dont even care if you flame my fox, I just need some insight on what to change with my approach, technical skill, etc. Thanks in advance. If you have any links to tutorials that may cater to my specific needs, those would also be appreciated. You guys are the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfQg7rzj8gc

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
You weren't spamming enough lasers at your opponent.You also need to SHFFL more.Look in Cunning's fox guide for help on matchups on certain characters.

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
ur technical ability is fine but u need to dash dance ALOT more, spam some lasers like red yoshi said. Noticed some dash attacks, don't do those unless u sure it'll hit and lead into a juggle. I have had some experience against those projectiles either run away and spam lasers or wavedash out of sheild, just don't run into em they start too many combos.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
ok, i noticed you were pretty hesitant at 1:02, instead of goin for a uthrow uair...you could have just done uthrow > bair...

i did not see ANY shine spikes...a great way to do them is when link is hanging down on the stage with his long shot, just drop down...shine...jump....up-b, it even works if link is getting back up from is long shot, another way to shinespike link is to drop on him from the middle where his head is while he is doing up-b.

and learn to shffl nair...here is a great combo that works on link (and others)
all should be shffled: nair>nair>nair>nair>nair>etc... you can even change direction due to his di...

bluemoon, projectiles don't start too many comboes...

k, and you can also try to shl...or better yet shdl...

brawlpro

Smash Master
his projectiles are nice but aren't like falco's laser so he must make due without the stun of his boomerang or bomb, he just needs them to tag on extra damage or abit of stun during a combo, he isn't purely relient on them tho

the above post general enough? link has very few good combos, mostly its just a grab to b-air to something else or a dash attack to something..hes got to annoy and punish with his projectiles, but as a combo starter? not really

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
blue is right where the boomerang stuns fastfallers enough such that link can pull off a dash attack and combo...... works mostly at high percents

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
brawl stop talking, link is reliant whether for mindgames, combos, or recovery.

This thread need to go back on topic.

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
brawl ur making an idiot of ur self this thread is about helping crystal not u arguing to me about link. I read ur post above it doesn't disprove my point. How r u a smash lord....

brawlpro

Smash Master
Nice, throwing a pro's name in there because you have no real explantion. Link is no young link, he can go toe to toe quite easily and he needs to be more than just projectile spam against faster characters, he needs to be able to make due. Against fox, his projectiles are'nt his real combos starters as he rarely gets to use them against a speedy fox

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
wats wavedashing got to do with projectiles...link doesn't NEED wavedash ne ways, i m afraid u r going on this one brawl. LOL brawl seem to start too many arguments XD Not trying to flame, Some thing to think about? :)

brawlpro

Smash Master
i edited it again to respond to kenny10...if you guys disagree then lets see what the good links have to say about this...

and bluemoon i will play you anytime your free, pm me so i can comeover and shut you up cause edge is acting like your an elitist with link <.<

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
link can actually projectile spam and get away with it...not on pros obviously but if u seen the matches aniki vs ken u'll see how reliant link is on projectiles.

Edit: how reliant link SHOULD be on projectiles.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Stop putting pros names in without explaining how its possible, all you can mention is aniki...against anyone with speed, he won't be able to spam, he'll be forced to fight in close combat...

as for the ken part people mention pros when they have no leg to stand on...

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
i m not responding to you ne more brawlpro. Ur obviously not worth the time. This thread should go back on topic.

red stone

Smash Ace
the link is awesome in the vid. you didn't make any glaring mistakes in the vid besides a few poor choices in continueing combos or lack there of. but seriously, the link is just more creative and adaptive

Skler

Smash Master
You played like you were afraid of him. You didn't camp and you weren't aggressive, you just stayed in his range the entire game and lost because of it. To be honest, the entire game was one big mistake because of how you played against him. You didn't adjust at all and being able to do so is important in smash.

Link's only combo starting projectiles are the bomb and the close boomerang, and even then his bomb produces little stun against space animals because of how fast they can tech it.

brawlpro

Smash Master
thank you skler!^_^

ya'll hear that, you guyz can't argue with skler!!!

so suck it up edge and bluemoon jeez. callin me an idiot, whatever yo, ya'll the idiots...

and the fox guy, you should practice, just do what everyone else told you to and practice it, it'll take time but you'll get the hang of it, srsly, JUST PRACTICE!!!
:)

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
i still wasn't wrong...u said link doesn't work around projectiles maybe not as much against space animals. I also said hes uses em for mind games and recoveries. Like skier said he still can start combos.

brawlpro

Smash Master
you ******, i was arguing with you because you said link does MOST of his combos with his projectiles, i never said he doesn't work well with projectiles, i said his projectiles catch ppl off guard...when did i say his projectiles suck, all i said was he doesn't start MOST OF HIS COMBOS WITH PROJECTILES WTF...and u went against it...

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
It also depends on the setup which is obviously important with link's projectiles.

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
it won't let me edit so i'll end here: u said link isn't reliant on projectiles if u scoll back a bit and i also said link uses em for mindgames, combos, and recoveries, and now I am also saying that his combos depend on how u set up his projectiles.

brawlpro

Smash Master
omg i said he isn't purely relient on them which he isn't ...
his projectiles are nice but aren't like falco's laser so he must make due without the stun of his boomerang or bomb, he just needs them to tag on extra damage or abit of stun during a combo, he isn't purely relient on them tho

the above post general enough? link has very few good combos, mostly its just a grab to b-air to something else or a dash attack to something..hes got to annoy and punish with his projectiles, but as a combo starter? not really

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
it was an analogy and i never said "purely reliant" i said that a good link know how to work around projectiles. U can call a setup, mindgames + combo. More specifically a good link can spam projectiles in a right setup and get away with it.

brawlpro

Smash Master
omg i just wasn't online...bluemoron, i was arguing your noobish self cause you said most his combos start with his projectiles iono why your startin other stuff, and since skler implied you were wrong about most his combos start with his projectiles you went off talking about other ****...

and crystal, go to the regional zones to find other smashers...

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
nope. i said that stuff before skler. No need for name calling Brawlpro :\, u don't even play link.

brawlpro

Smash Master
yea, and he said you were wrong, so much for calling me an idiot (you and edge)...

and i bet i could play anyone better than you, any match on any stage, my link could prolly own yours...i play you anytime, but i know your response...its gonna be "i don't wanna waste my time on you"...thats noob talk...and thats what you say when your scared...

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
my original point was refined further after skler's comment i guess i wasn't specific enough. Brawl i m getting tired of ur insults don't talk like ur all that great, i've seen ur vids.

brawlpro

Smash Master
i talk like i'm great in front of ppl that suck compared to me...where are your vidz against lv.9's like you said???
i play you anytime, but i know your response...its gonna be "i don't wanna waste my time on you"...thats noob talk...and thats what you say when your scared...
answer...is that what your gona say!!!! that fighting me will just be a waste of time...scared noobs suck...

do me a favor and shut your noobish self up...

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
I know how ur gona comment to my lvl 9 vids so i mite block u, but hopefully they'll be up soon...I only said that to end this argument u don't have to put it as a sig. :mad: This is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom