• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some info on a player (Takiri or Tak)

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
K, so here's the problem. A kid in my school is claiming he is very good at Melee and Brawl. I'm using this thread as a sort of background check to see if I can find any truth to his statements.

I know the following things:

-His name is Bryan Bodna, or Tak, or Takiri, and he claims to use that name for "Nintendo Wifi Rankings"
-He claims to be #6 on those ranking in USA
-He mained Marth in Melee
-He claims to know many pros, and has claimed to be very close to beating some of them
-He says he went to some tournament in New York and won $2000
-Is going to a tournament soon that has a 200 person limit.

Now, my side of the argument:

-I've never seen him at any RI/MA tournaments
-Never even heard of this kid until my friends told me about him
-His name shows no results on Google, or SWF
-I cannot find any Wifi rankings that he is talking about, much less him being #6 on them

I know there's a 95% he is lying, but I basically want this as a background check before I money match him. I don't want to mm him and end up getting destroyed.

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, Link944 lol. Haven't talked to you in so long.

Anyway, I would MM him no problem. But apparently he doesn't do it for less than $100. And I would really like to be the one person who accepts his ridiculous challenge. And then proceed to embarrass him.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I can only think of B-ryan.

But last i checked he lives in the midwest. I think your friend is lying.

But, a good way to find out is to ask him if he's zelgadis in a very sincere manner. If he says yes, then go ahead and money match him.

I know about 7 guys who call themselves "zelgadis" here in socal, and they have all made great donations to my cause.

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to go for it. It will be funny to see his face when someone actually accepts his expensive mm. And then wins hopefully.

Big_R

Smash Champion
Holy ****, Link944 lol. Haven't talked to you in so long.

Anyway, I would MM him no problem. But apparently he doesn't do it for less than $100. And I would really like to be the one person who accepts his ridiculous challenge. And then proceed to embarrass him.

For shizzle!

But yeah...B-Ryan is definitely up near Toledo...or lives there. That would just suck if he was challenging you for some reason. lol
Go do some work and tell us how is goes. If he ends up being a scrub...but then you lose..yeah i wouldn't talk about that. rofl

Top Bottom