• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some help with portraits

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
I made some ssbm portraits that i want to add into the game but i don't understand any of the tutorials including ones on youtube
all i have is Paint.net and MeleeToolKit also all the portraits i have made are PNG, can anyone help me?

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
Did you tried this guide? It really explains everything, you just need to do exactly the same he does in the video. What are exactly your problems with the guides?

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Did you tried this guide? It really explains everything, you just need to do exactly the same he does in the video. What are exactly your problems with the guides?
I Have watched that but i couldn't hear anything he was saying clearly and i don't have photoshop

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
There's also a text guide here (though it also uses photoshop). Most decent image editors have comparable features, so you could look in your program for something to work with palettes. The video would probably be easier to follow the process for though, at least for the visuals.

Is there something specific you're stuck on?

Lighet

Smash Rookie
Hi!
(first of all, sorry for my bad english)
If it's possible i want to use this thread to make another question about the portraits.
I saw all the videos and the text guide, but I have a problem with the "TexConv.exe", I can't convert the TCS file to TPL. I saw the videos and when the guys do that part, they execute another different file and they have two files inside the folder (when I extract "MnSlChr.rar", in the folder "tcs" I have just one file instead two: "TexConv.bat" and it's useless)
I don't know why happened, but if you can provide me the link to download a converter of TCS file to TPL (or a guide with the links who works) I would be so happy. I have this problem nearly a month, and still stuck :/

Thanks!

(If I need to do a new thread just let me know)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hi!
(first of all, sorry for my bad english)
If it's possible i want to use this thread to make another question about the portraits.
I saw all the videos and the text guide, but I have a problem with the "TexConv.exe", I can't convert the TCS file to TPL. I saw the videos and when the guys do that part, they execute another different file and they have two files inside the folder (when I extract "MnSlChr.rar", in the folder "tcs" I have just one file instead two: "TexConv.bat" and it's useless)
I don't know why happened, but if you can provide me the link to download a converter of TCS file to TPL (or a guide with the links who works) I would be so happy. I have this problem nearly a month, and still stuck :/

Thanks!

(If I need to do a new thread just let me know)
http://smashboards.com/threads/upda...ure-hacks-thread.279755/page-22#post-17070864

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Thanks! Now I can do the portraits succefully...
theres an easier way to do it

Here is how to load custom CSPs through dolphin without having to add them into the MnSlChr.usd/dat, as that gets very tedious and also causes desyncs on Netplay.

Step 1
Go to Dolphin and Select the "Graphics" Option

Step 2
Select the Advanced tab in the Graphics window and make sure "Dump Textures" is enabled.

Step 3
Go in-game and load the CSPs you would like to replace (I.E If I wanted to replace Fox's blue CSP I would select Fox, and then change to the blue costume, and then exit dolphin, as the texture would have been dumped since it was loaded.)

Step 4
Go to "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Dump\Textures\GALE01" and find the texture you want to replace.

Copy this file to "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures\GALE01" or just simply copy the name of the file.

Step 5
Place the CSP/Texture you want to have in your game into "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures\GALE01" and rename it to what the file's name was when it was dumped.

Step 6
Finally, deselect Dump Textures.

I hope this is easy to understand, I tried to make it stupid-people proof.
veggie posted this on the melee texture hack thread

Top Bottom