• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Help With Texture Hacks

Jizzaster

Smash Rookie
Well i just hacked my wii yesterday and i downloaded alot of texture hacks(mostly from Kitty Corp) sometimes when i play with character colors that have the hack my wii freezes. I'm not exactly sure why. Some of them work some of the time, and others work all the time. Can someone please help me out?
I would also want to know what a .pac file does.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
A .PAC is another type of file that holds data about a character. The numbered ones are required for characters who transform during their final smash in order for texture hacks to work, but are useless for everyone else. The unnumbered ones hold all kinds of attack and animation data for a character that right now is used for editing in PSA.

About why some texture hacks freeze, be sure you're placing them in the correctly-named folder and that the .PCS's themselves are correctly named. Also, if your character has a transformation (Zelda, Sheik, Wario, Bowser, Samus, ZSS), they must have their PAC named the same as the PCS in the same folder.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
What code are you using first of all, give me more information. (What region is your Wii, what file replacement code version) .Pac and .pcs are textures files for characters.

And I have a question. Why wasn't this post in the Generic Q&A or the Texture Hacks without ISO hacking thread? There are many people willing to help you out there, dont make a new thread unless its necessary.

Jizzaster

Smash Rookie
oh well for me, they're all named after the pcs that it came with in a download.

Top Bottom