• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help understanding why I'm not Elite

DrunkMonkeys

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I'm new here. I'm loving Ultimate

So I really want to hit elite, but I haven't. My understanding is you need to be top 10%. I have dark Samus at 1.480m and Samus at 1.536m. my roster GSP is 1.636m. I watched zero today ( the stream was from today an current) and my roster gps is actually 2k higher than him. From my calculations I definitely have to be in the top 10% for both characters as the top GSP right now seems around 1.6m. I'm frustrated. I want my elite. Can anyone clarify why I'm not there?

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
GSP doesn't accurately represent people's skill level. There is definitely a hidden score that is somewhat proportionate to your GSP and probably what character you play along with some other things.

Ive seen people at 30,000 GSP who play at the same skill level 1.1mil players are at.

At this point I'd just download replays and reflect on playstyle. Focusing on improvement will help you because if you stress about ELO you'll start losing more, forget GSP.

Last edited:

DrunkMonkeys

Smash Rookie
The community has to have some concepts of the metric to actually get gin though. I really want to k ow it

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I mean the only way to get in is to improve right? You can't just cheat your way up there. If you keep improving you will get Elite, its not behind a paywall or some invisible boundary.

Knowing how GSP works won't help you get Elite.

DrunkMonkeys

Smash Rookie
I've improved and am improving a lot still. It's just frustrating it doesn't seem to have any rationality. I'm just going to raise ever characters gps until it gives it to me or I go crazy.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I've improved and am improving a lot still. It's just frustrating it doesn't seem to have any rationality. I'm just going to raise ever characters gps until it gives it to me or I go crazy.
Make sure to download your replays for matches you don't understand why you lost. People can take a look and tell you the areas you need improvement in or even tell you something new.

DrunkMonkeys

Smash Rookie
I am. And thank you sir. I also found Zero to be an amazing resource. Im sure my dive into this site will be too

Lypion

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't worry too much about elite in your case. It's just a title that doesn't mean much tbh. The GSP system is still kinda floppy and i'm encountering daily people in elite beeing below average. Ofc its good to have something to strive for but i think there are better ways to check on what level you are.

DrunkMonkeys

Smash Rookie
I know but I still want it :p I have a feeling the system is broken in some way. Like no decay system. Hypothetically if you were elite but never played again wouldn't you stay elite and never loss your position, taking up a seat?

Lypion

Smash Cadet
When i didn't play for 1 or 2 days i lost elite for some characters so there is a decay system somehow, but after 1 game they were straight back in elite.

link2702

Smash Champion
I wouldn’t stress over getting into elite much.

As for gsp, it’s...not accurate, and no surprise since it still goes up/down regardless of whether the match was ffa, 1-1, or even timed and stamina.

Hell i was able to raise my gsp pretty damn quick with ryu and ken by going into stamina matches where their sf mechanics actually help them quite a lot (which is hilarious imo)

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I noticed that the first few battles with each character will cause drastic changes to your GSP (which I don't like because I like to use random online battles for my training.) If you win like the first 7 or so quick battles you get into elite smash.... then again that was my experience on like day 2... it maaaayyy have changed.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that the first few battles with each character will cause drastic changes to your GSP (which I don't like because I like to use random online battles for my training.) If you win like the first 7 or so quick battles you get into elite smash.... then again that was my experience on like day 2... it maaaayyy have changed.
Thats because your characters are going through calibration I beleive.

Top Bottom