• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I NEED HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE TRAIN ME!!

golfingwill

Smash Rookie
Ok so i found out Zelda is my main and i kick butt with her, but i started for glory and all i find are spammer and people who play cheap!! also I've spent 5 months playing zelda with no video tutorials and no for glory to come up with my own play style only to start playing for glory and finding out that it alreay exists on for glory and its not a cheap way either. then i run into competitive people and i cant even land a hit! I want to play this game without being a copy of someone like some people in the competitive scene are. If you play competitive and have any advice or want to train me that would be a great help! :D remember i want to be my own player not a copy!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Zelda,s (B) is 1 of the best reflectors use it.
Use it as a get of me move because it comes out fast.
Fo for grabs when u can bkus her grabs do decent damage.

Thats all i can tell u for zelda dont know her much.

1FC0

Smash Lord
It is funny that most people who complain about playing cheap often do not have the skill to win with such "cheap" strategies themselves, they can only lose to it. This seems to indicate that playing cheap is a difficult to master skill that deserves respect.

golfingwill

Smash Rookie
@ 1FC0 1FC0 its comments like that that make people want to play less because jerk comments like this ruin it for everyone by you saying this and i'll underline the keywords in red in this statement so you can see it and also correct you misinterpretation in orange "It is funny that most people who complain about playing cheap often do not have the skill to win with such "cheap" strategies themselves, they can only lose to it." and to me playing cheap is a mix of spamming and using 1 or 2 combos over and over again inbetween spamming, especially using moves with long hit stuns. that to me says you have no skills and i don't play cheaply, i never said that i said (with correction made in terms of misspellings) "also I've spent 5 months playing Zelda with no video tutorials and no for glory to come up with my own play style, only to start playing for glory and finding out that it already exists on for glory and it's not a cheap way either." then you also said "This seems to indicate that playing cheap is a difficult to master skill that deserves respect." it's just the opposite, unless you are new and learning and want to improve then it's pretty sad and shows you don't want to improve because its easy to master. and these people i saw who play cheap my cousin has faced before a couple months back too so it's obvious they had time to improve but chose to not too. i'm sorry but that comment just comes off as rude and jerk like to me. So if that's how you are to newbies i really don't want to associate or talk with you because this should be a place to have fun and get help, not to make people feel bad...

1FC0

Smash Lord
Well people complaining about legit strategies being cheap are not very fun either. Besides if it was that easy to use the optimal stratgey then Smash would not be played competitively. Either a cheap strategy is easy to counter in which case I do not understand why someone should complain about people trying it out and finding out for themselves or the game is unsuited for competitive play which clearly is not the case for Smash since it has a pretty diverse competitive scene.

Also calling things cheap may prevent you from getting good. Finding out how to beat a certain cheap strategy and beating the person who relied on it is not only more fun than leaving and complaining but also makes you a better player.
And using cheap strategies and seeing how other people counter it is one of the best ways of finding out if a strategy is really that cheap since often such strategies are very easy to use but very hard to win with against a decent or better opponent.

abx

Smash Journeyman
- Be careful with Din's Fire, it can be punished easily. Use it when the enemy is far away, preferably when he is off stage.

- A good way to edgeguard is to summon these phantom soldiers with down B. This works against opponents approaching the stage in a rather horizontal angle or from a bit higher. Fully charged the phantom soldier has much knockback and quite a range with the sword which might surprise the enemys a few times. Zelda isn't very common (inb4 Sheik) and not even all Zeldas make use of down b.

- Zelda has competents throws for killing, but I guess she has a rather long ending animation on missing grabs. I'm not sure about this though. Down grab can lead into a quick nair which is more reliable than uair.

- Practice using up B (Farore something I believe). I guess you figured out how to recover with it reliably. I mention this because I had some trouble with recovering into the right direction when off stage. But it is also an useful technique for attacking. One option is to teleport horizontally on the stage to attack an enemy on stage. In FG it might work once or maybe twice on deliberate spammers, but experienced players will easily shield it. It can be used as a punishing tool against characters like Link or DHD though, but you need good reflexed to avoid their shield. Another important aspect is the use of UpB as a finisher. Use it against opponents in the air and it will kill fairly early. It's kinda risky, but works fine, especially against the try-hards you seem to struggle with. You can also try to approach the opponent, to use UpB with a vertical, upward direction and to hit them twice, eventually taking a stock from them. I've seen better Zelda players doing this with me, but I don't know how to pull it of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom