• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help getting good...

IcyFlamz96

Smash Cadet
Yeah I've played ssb casually for a long long time. I want to get really good at this game but I pretty much suck now though lol. Can someone play me for a bit and give me some tips?

Life

Smash Hero
There's a thread titled "The Smashboards Arena", go there for Wifi, or find a nearby tournament down in Tournament Listings (or your regional board) for offline play.

As for getting better, play more (find people as described above) watch videos of people who are good at your character (I'm assuming Lucario--check your character boards), ask for advice, etc.

lol I like how your advice in response to her/his asking for advice is you say, "...,ask for advice,..." She/he is already doing that.

Okay, how good are you playing on getting? How good is really good? I could tell you to get only learn to Falco's CG, then be done with it. With it, you'd pretty much beat anyone of a particular level who uses a CG-able character. Goal met. You would be really good against anyone who is inexperienced at the game. But, you want higher than that, the best there ever was, then you'd probably need some different advice like learn to SHL and space/camp people.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Life's piece of advice was "get experience, and look for other people who know more than you do", and that's not a bad avice to ask for more specific advise.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Online:
Go HERE and HERE.
Watch videos. Lots of it so you can take note.
Play a lot of people online, even if you lose or not.
Talk to people, ask for some advice based on your character.
Be sure to read the Tier List and MU threads from time to time.
Be able to read at your fullest potential.
Go to the character boards and check out the stuff they have (ie. index, etc.)

Outside:
Go for friendlies and ask them for advice (I prefer the people that are pretty knowledgeable).
Always do that.
Again, Read.

That's all there is to it! Good luck.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Watch yourself.

In replays or even during your matches.

Identify your mistakes/bad habits and get rid of them.

Work your basics : DI, SDI, momentum cancel, spacing, zoning.

Learn your options and your matchups. Know what your character can/cannot do against who.

Focus on not being bad instead trying to be good.

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
learn the basics. once you've done that, you'll have an idea of what to look for.

Top Bottom