• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help from anyone using a Wiikey to play Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
First off, I'd like to state that any discussion about "burned" copies of Brawl should entirely be considered a backup of a legally purchased copy.

Also, this topic is more about requesting help with my Wiikey concerning Brawl, but I wasn't sure where else I should put it. If this is a violation in any way, please feel free to lock the topic.

Now, here's my problem. I've been playing Brawl for 4 days now using my Wiikey. My Wiikey firmware is 1.9g and I was using the 1.2 setup disc.

I transported my Wii back home and hooked it up. I booted my Wii up, and Brawl was there in the channel menu. I booted up Brawl, but I got a disc read error and had to shut off my Wii.

Now nothing burned works at all. Brawl doesn't work, nor do any of the setup discs. I've tried all types of DVDs, burned them at all different speeds, and even tried different firmware discs. Nothing is even read on my Wii. Actual Wii and Gamecube games work fine, but not backups.

The only thing that changed from the last time I was playing Brawl and now is that it was unplugged. The soldering could not have come undone, especially considering Brawl was recognized when I first booted up my Wii and it stopped working.

Now I don't know what to do. All signs point to my Wii being semi-bricked, where it won't read burned DVDs, but I just have no idea how that could work. The only other thing would be that the modchip just simply stopped working.

Does anyone with any extensive knowledge of Wiikeys have any advice, or could anyone at least tell me what happened?

If someone could actually help me get my Wii working again, I'll absolutely paypal them a good chunk of cash for their efforts. My AIM is Shigeru Miyamoto. Please reply here or contact me on AIM.

Thanks so much Brawl community,

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You think so? Where would a topic like this belong?

A few Smashers suggested I ask Smash boards about this problem. I was a little wary at first, but I don't think this post violated anything.

~Dac

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
Who told you smashboards was a place to discuss how not to buy a copy of Brawl ??

I made a thread weeks ago warning people not to get their Wiis modded. That thread got locked.

Thino

Smash Master
Who told you smashboards was a place to discuss how not to buy a copy of Brawl ??

I made a thread weeks ago warning people not to get their Wiis modded. That thread got locked.
you're dumb , this guys is asking for help about his already modded wii that a whole different thing
how can you create a thread telling people not to mod their wii to play brawl , of course it would get closed

lengeta

Smash Ace
Sounds like a semi-brick if it's effecting other burns besides Brawl. Try patching an .iso with WiiBrickBlocker. You'll most likely have to wait for the next firmware upgrade to fix it. Hope I'm wrong though.

And pirating and haxxing is bad.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Hi, i have a PAL wii and an original retail Dairantou smash bros X, my wii was chipped by a professional in under half and hour, with a YAOSM 2.0 mod, as for wiikey i'm sorry but i can't help you with info.

But

I got my game from Playasia website, its safe reliable and they defientely deliver unlinke other websites. Well the game was pre-ordered at beggining of January and come the release date on the 31st, they ran out of stock and couldn't deliever all the copies of the game to the hundreds and hundreds that pre-ordered but they restocked the same weekend and i got my game on the 4th of Febuary :D

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Now I don't know what to do. All signs point to my Wii being [un-modded and back to it's factory abilities], where it won't read burned DVDs, but I just have no idea how that could work. The only other thing would be that the modchip just simply stopped working.
Fixed.

10char

2L84U

Smash Journeyman

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Smashboards does not support illegal pirating activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom