• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need critique for my lil' lank

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
DIS ***** PLAYS LIKE DAT TRC

the usual things to say to someone new. you're a little "stiff" as Rhan has said before. once you get more playtime down, you'll get things going. really, considering how you JUST picked him up, this is awesome!

I can kinda see the Falcon main in your playstyle, and I see a lot of myself in you too, which is excellent IMO but I told you this on AIM :D

Someone else will provide a much better critique I promise

rhan

Smash Hero
Jesus.... All these threads with "Critique My Young Link".

Y'all want me to work overtime????

I'll do it tomorrow.... Got a miniture headache at the moment..

Good **** though guys. :)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Thank you TRC, thank you Xander

rhan I can't wait to hear it

i have to record more matches and post them for you guys

rhan

Smash Hero
I'd promise I'd critique and now I'm on to it.

Match I: V Falco.

General Knowledge: Ask TRC. He knows this match better than I do honestly...

Critique:
- By watching the beginning of this match you play a little like me. Especially with the bombs.
- That high hop sorta mess you up...
- Boomerang aimed down while in mid air is NOT good. Only time the boomerang aimed down is good is when you can throw it at a "Link" angle. Other wise you want to keep it out at a 60 degree angle or a 180.
-I see you keeping distance in this match. This can be good at times but if you cannot get your projectiles out then it's better to get close.
- Up-smash on shield was good.
- Playing very defensively. A good strait is to up B out of shield. It's a good damage rack and it's fairly easy to follow up upon.
- Good combo at :31. Basic yet it WORKS. Keeping Falco on the "backboard" then on the "rebound" is best to do. It sets him up for easy kills.
- Agh being brave got you killed a ******** *** way. Maybe it would have been best to just stay on stage and watch his movements. Or Possibly edgehop and Nair him if he trys for the edge.
- Boomerrrrrr raaaaaape. Awwwwwsum.
- Defensive bomb style again. Did you know you can drop the bombs instead? It's better because you don't have to lag yourself when you throw it. Without hitting the control stick just hit Z and you'll drop the bomb.
- Honestly I can't see how arrows could help in this match up unless you're gimping the Falco while he's off stage.
- @ 1:05, That would have been the best time to up B out of shield. When he hit your shield and when he was just chillin' behind you.
- After the up smash there is little ending lag to it so you have enough time to do another move afterwards. I usually d-smash almost instantly afterwards. Confuses the **** out of enemies that don't know Link/Young Link.
- Around 1:25 - 1:30, All that shield pressure could be stopped with just one up B out of shield. You gotta learn that for this match up...
- Good edgehop combo, bad follow up.... I can't tell if that F-smash was an accident but f-smash is so risky and hard to land that I rarely use it. Dash attack would have been a better follow up.
- Another mid air boomer aimed downward... :(
- Upon recovery you throw boomer and angle it downward too? Personally I see it better to shoot an arrow. Idk why but I do it 905 of the time I'm recovering. I just try to aim it so that it lands right at the edge. It scares ANYONE trying to either grab the edge or is edge hopping.
- Cool Up B gimp.
- Ahhhh so you do know how to drop bombs.... Good use that more when you're above Falco. It's also fun to drop bombs on character's shields and watch them try to shield grab and the bomb explodes on them.
- Downward angled boomer is one of your bad habits...
- Bad judgement on the grab. Most Falco's jump out of their shield when they get scared. Just meet them in the air.
- YEAH THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! I'm starting to see some aggressive Young Link play and it's keeping Falco on edge on what he should be doing.
- This match seems pretty good. Both players are playing very well.
- @ 3:21, You only have 4 seconds until the chain breaks on you. So even if the result of you zipping up is a Falco's dair, it's better off then just falling to death....
- Oh man the Falco is getting pissed.... Starting to really go all out on this stock... What your priorities are right now is to regain control and knock Falco off his game. Once you can get your feet planted try power shielding a lazer. It's so basic but it REALLY screws up a Falco that has a rhythm.
- Honestly I don't see how the Falco lost after all that pressure he was doing. I guess he made a mistake on teching in place and you taking advantage and arrow to dash attack. Nice comeback by the way.

Overall:

If I knew more about the match up I would help. But you seemed like you knew the match and how the basics should be done. Only problem is that boomerang. I STRONGLY advise you now to really use it in the air. And if you must use it that way don't throw it downward. It hardly goes anywhere and it's just lagging you when you could be doing other useful things. And a few random arrows that screwed you up a few times.

rhan

Smash Hero
Idk.

I feel that if it get's no real distance then.... why really waste your time to throw it out?

I guess it depends on the player really.....

Top Bottom