• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need advice

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
I am mainly a peach player these days, and though peach is alot of fun, I have come across a difficulty that is hindering my chances of success.
My problem is summed up in one word: Marth.
I can't beat a good Marth player with Peach. The wall of steel that seems permanently fixed around Marth seems to protect him from all of Peach's moves. Plus, Marth's attacks have the tendency to kill at lower percentages than I am used to. Up tilt A kills peach at 130 percant, and tempers kill me at a hundred percent.
I was thinking of just switching to sheik every time I fight a marth player, but I would prefer to beat marth with peach.

So How does a peach player beat a marth player?

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I've heard exarch say he throws a lot of turnips to aggravate the marth haha

a general dirty trick you can do is dash attack while they're landing, and while you're dash attacking, hold down to crouch-cancel the forward air they throw at you while they're trying to land, and then dsmash. The dash attack you do is like the dive baseball players do to get to home base and serves to GET IN.

This trick is easily countered by the marth if they put extra space between you two, or by double jumping, or even if they choose d-air instead of f-air (since you can't really crouch cancel spikes)

you can also try (dashdancing)running up and shielding. If they choose to push forward in that particular moment, they might just land in shield grab range.

also, if you get dragged into a ken combo set up, DI the fairs down at low percents (if you DI away you might be in tipper range) and away when you're at middle to high percents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMMkL5A1ITs

cort DI's fairs toward M2K and recovers low, with the idea of trying to not get hit at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b_KiKWfHhQ

PC DI's the fair away at 0:19 but DI's towards the fairs at 1:20 :(
Recovers high with the idea that it's better to get hit and land on the stage (if M2K lets him lol)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
wait till you play puff
Ahahahahaha.
Wait.
Seriously?
You're going to tell me Puff vs Marth is HARDER than Peach vs Marth?

Ignoring the fact that Jiggs can combo him well enough to take stocks randomly, he has more trouble comboing her than anyone else, that she can edgeguard him as well as anyone in the game (all of which are HUGE advantages of which peach can't DREAM.) Jiggs can still KILL Marth for shielding a fsmash or getting a grab ducked and can approach him using the run up, shield briefly, jump out, and fair with that MASSIVE HITBOX THE LENGTH OF SHEIK'S BAIR (which is about 8000x safer than any approach peach has.)

-------------------
Against Marths now I play hyper aggressive and force him to make mistakes, otherwise a good Marth just wont and Peach can't hit him. Also I prefer having platforms in this matchup. Sometimes turnips work, sometimes they don't. Depending on how the Marth handles himself around them I'll use more or less.

Dash attack is great for getting inside, it's about the only thing she can hit him with when he's SH double fairing. If he's fullhop double aerialing you can get inside by running up and shielding when he's at the top of his jump. Shield grab or jump out and nair after he lands. If he's shielding you can run up and dsmash and 9/10 times it will shield poke.

My goal is to live to about 170% most lives, and that is completely doable; don't get hit by utilt or fsmash and you're good. That's only two moves to avoid.

And learn that edgeguard Xif uses, where you drop a turnip and grab the edge. Kills Marth nicely.

Learn to keep the pressure on and you'll start winning. While learning to do it myself, I lost more frequently at first, but now the matchup as a whole is easier.

Pi

Smash Hero
[Off topic]
My friend plays jigs (kinda)
he's not very good
My friend plays marth
he's pretty good
My marth friend grabs my jigs friend, dthrow's (or fthrows, idk), walks forward a bit, tippers the jiggs
My jiggs friend complains

Is it avoidable?

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Okay, Thanks for the help, but now I have another question/questions.
Peach's chaingrab on fox.
I can only do it after 60% has been done. After 60 it is relatively easy to run and grab the fox no matter the direction he falls, but before he seems to fall to fast.
So...
From what percent is peach's chaingrab on fox doable?
and
Is it a legitimate chaingrab on falco as well?
and
Are there any other characters that peach can chaingrab legitimately?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Peach can chaingrab fox from 40-45% to well over 100%. You can chainthrow falco starting at ~30-35% I believe, though it's harder vs falco, for whatever reason). Falcon can be chainthrown starting at ~20% till around 80-85%, at which point he can jump out. In all cases though, you can uthrow->nair for the kill before the opponent is able to escape.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
make sure you're doing jump-cancelled grabs (up on control stick -> z or x->z) it makes it so youre dashing grab becomes a standing grab and it comes out faster.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Thanks again, but I have yet another question.
I was watching peach on ice climbers match up. Neo vs. Chu dat I believe.
Neo was wave-dashing quite a bit. I do wave-dash with other characters that I play with such as marth, but I rarely wave-dash with peach.
Should I? Is wave-dashing necessary for peach players?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Correction: DON'T JC grabs when chaingrabbing, peach's dash grab comes out in the same frames as her standing, so JCing slows down her grab. If you're not getting to the fox in time, grab sooner, peach has decent grab range.

I don't think WDing is necessary with anyone. But it has it's uses and will probably improve your overall gameplay.

Loto

Smash Ace
Correction: DON'T JC grabs when chaingrabbing, peach's dash grab comes out in the same frames as her standing, so JCing slows down her grab. If you're not getting to the fox in time, grab sooner, peach has decent grab range.

I don't think WDing is necessary with anyone. But it has it's uses and will probably improve your overall gameplay.
What he said WDing just helps a lot with mixups and if your running in one direction instead of jumping or ccing you can wavedash and dashdance out of that relatively easily.

Top Bottom