• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Met Sakurai!

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Pics or didn't happen...:D

Seriously, what was he like? Did he (laughs) alot? The only things I know about him are from the "Iwata Asks" thing...:/

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
;)

ya, nothing more to ask him about King k. Rool lol, but yeah he just seemed like too nice of a person to quistion him lol

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Awesome!
I was expecting a lame joke thread but this sounds very genuine... I'm putting the "pics or it didn't happen" thing aside for this one!

Really! Lucky you! I wish I would've been you!

BTW, Kirby in japanese is "Kaabi" and well, I guess the pronounciation isn't too far off :)

You sir are a lucky man!

S2

Smash Lord
I wonder if Sakurai and other Japanese game developers know how much they get idolized over here? Its interesting to speculate because of the language barrier, what exactly their perception of the American audience is.

One day I hope to meet him.

Mel Rains

Smash Rookie
Awesome!
I was expecting a lame joke thread but this sounds very genuine... I'm putting the "pics or it didn't happen" thing aside for this one!

Really! Lucky you! I wish I would've been you!

BTW, Kirby in japanese is "Kaabi" and well, I guess the pronounciation isn't too far off :)

You sir are a lucky man!
I'm sure Sakuri knows how its pronounced in English.

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Sakurai and other Japanese game developers know how much they get idolized over here? Its interesting to speculate because of the language barrier, what exactly their perception of the American audience is.

One day I hope to meet him.
Probally what would happen if like "Gearge Lucas" went to Japan, I guess people just do not know how popular they are.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how most of the people who replied to this thread are envying the OP because they didn't get to "meet Sakurai", when they've been guilty of reprimanding him for some of the most trivial things in the game that they don't like.

Irony~

That's pretty cool though, that you got to meet him.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
so much for "pushing Sakurai off a bridge while saying YOU MUST RECOVER!" although as an afterthought, I may have jumped of myself to ask for an autograph >_>

Top Bottom