• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Met Sakurai!

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
I believe you OP.
One time I was in Best Buy and I was looking at the anime section. Guess who walks in and starts browsing anime right next to me? Rasheed Wallace. I kinda stood there dumbfounded for a second (he's a real person?! HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME?!?!?) and told him he is really good. He said, "Thanks," without turning to look at me. lol, I suck.
This happened to me once, except replace Rasheed Wallace with Crispin Freeman. A pretty well-known anime voice-over(Now at least), no surprise he would be in the anime section. Too bad I don't remember what he bought. He was pretty likable, and I got him to do a few voice impressions. Wasn't as professional when just in person though, just shows how hard VA's have it.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
You are one lucky son of a gun. Never forget the day you met Sakurai! If you die, I will tell tales of your great encounter.

Tanea

Smash Ace
you are lucky i would have just been that dumb kid that pees their pants hahahahahahaha

jk :) congrats

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
O I dont know Japanise so I wave my hands and say "Kirby" hoping its the same in japanise, than he said "Yes, Hello" I asked if he could speak english and one of the other japanies guys said, he only knows a little and laughed. I shook his hand, and said thank you for brawl and kirby."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hahaha. That part is hilarious. Too bad you didn't get to ask him any questions, or get his autograph.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
That's a nice experience. :) It's probably better that you didn't tarnish a friendly chance meeting by bombarding him with a bunch of questions.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
That's so cool.

I'm glad you didn't ask for his autograph or take his picture... He's probably happy just to have someone say 'hi' and give him a thumbs up for his hard work.

You're seriously lucky. ^.^

wakka444

Smash Ace
you are lucky and i doubt many of us would have handled it any better lol, i wouldnt have even known to say kirby=( lol great story tho...jealous....

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
That is cool that you met Sakurai even if you didn't get his autograph or picture.

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
thanks

I just want to say thanks and other stuff for all these nice and funny replies, Its really cool, But as they say "When I go to work at Nintendo, I can meet them all" Lol, (forgot who said that), but yea.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
than he said "Yes, Hello" I asked if he could speak english and one of the other japanies guys said, he only knows a little and laughed. I shook his hand, and said thank you for brawl and kirby." He nodded his head and smiled.
This made me laugh. I don't doubt that you met sakurai, but what if you just met a very polite japanese guy who had no idea what you were talking about? lol

Nuvia

Smash Ace
If that happened to me I seriously wouldn't know what to do. You get too self conscience when meeting important people, you know?

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I was really expecting some absurd joke topic, but this seems really genuine. Kudos on meeting Sakurai. I chuckled to myself (it's about 2 am right now) when I read the Kirby thing.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
All I can say is good for you man, wish I could meet him too...It would be an experience I wouldn't forget :p LOVED the part where you waved your arms and said Kirby! lol, made my night :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You lucky son-of-a-gun! Would I were only so lucky! I'm sure I'll meet him...someday. =(

Congrats, though!

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
lol, I think I would have died a little. I've never met anyone famous (or even infamous).

Lucky you! Nice going!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Cool man, cool.

Don't worry about not asking about downloadable content, I'm sure they wouldn't have said anything about it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
The poster of this topic wins my seal of awesome! Best meeting ever.
Also, that story is so cute! I want to put it in my pocket and never let it out.

Ever. Not even to breath, or eat.
Not.
****ing.
Ever.

Top Bottom