• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I may be an amateur, but boy did I leap.

ReptarBars

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4296]I may be an amateur, but boy did I leap.[/drupal]

I don't entirely suck at Brawl...but I'm not among the ranks either. I want to get better but I don't even live in NY anymore, I'm stuck in a place called Orangeburg SC. [this place is sooooo different from NY];[it sucks]. But I decided that I wanted to get into competitive Brawling...so what did I do? I H.M.-FLEW all the way to Dallas,Texas; booked a room at the Joule Hotel, and registered for MLG!...AND GOT MY *** HANDED TO ME BY EVERY SINGLE ONE THERE! Idk if any of you remember me; the black kid with incredibly skinny jeans, hoodie, and signature lion hat.[I LOVE MY LION HAT]! The kid who mains as FOX and SUCKS! I literally did not beat anyone there...NOT ONCE. But hey it was my first tourney. That was a big leap. My point is that I desperately want to get better. But I have no one to play with. And I don't know how to efficiently practice. This is noobish of me, I know...but any tips anyone? Keep in mind that I only ever really feel comfortable with FOX. Sorry for being lame guys. Thanks in advance for all of your consideration and help.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just play. A lot. With people. You'll probably lose. A lot. But after 50 eternities (or a few months) you'll start to see improvement, and before you know it you'll be ****** everyone! Or not. But you'll definitely be better than before.

Milo112

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-2404-0930
Switch FC
SW-3724-2241-9232
its best if u use speed and alot of it wit fox. if u want u cn practice online against me or random ppl. also fox dodges and blocks quickly so...u know...try tht 2

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Try watching some videos online of some professional Foxes. They can give a good idea of what attacks work, what attacks don't work, how to approach, etc. Look up TKD on Youtube, he's (I believe) the best Fox around.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
its best if u use speed and alot of it wit fox. if u want u cn practice online against me or random ppl. also fox dodges and blocks quickly so...u know...try tht 2
SWF does not condone the use of drugs or drug related materials, no matter how good it makes you at video games.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Get on that wifi if at all possible. It's bad, but it helps when you can't do anything else.

:172:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Learn your own weaknesses, adapt to your opponent's strategy, correct yourself on mistakes and flaws, balance defense and offense, etc. Seems hard but you'll get the hang of it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
When psn ever comes up, I shall. I assume your name deviates from Rugrats?

D

Deleted member

I'll add you on PSN good sir. Rugrats was pretty much the most legit show ever on TV.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dr. Lip****z (sp, don't infract me, it's his name!)

Nvm, it censored.

Top Bottom