• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I love temple.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I love and hate this stage so much. Infiite D titls with Marth, lobbing grenades from the top to the cave of life with Snake. Doing Ganon down B's, Snake up tilt, and Link up smash on that little platform in the bottom right corner are all things I love.

Things I hate about this stage: Running with Sonic, can't kill people in Cave of Life, and pretty much all the things I love when they're done to me.

All in all, if you just want to win any which way, and have fun, taunt party of straight brawl, this level is perfect, but it's an absolute nightmare for tourney level matches, which work better on Smashville (My favorite level)

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
It stinks for one-on-ones because one of the players always ends up running like a coward and it turns into a game of tag around the entire stage.

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
Sudden death is really fun, but what is your opinion on the bombs? I think it would be better if we could settle sudden death without them.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I think the bombs definitely mix things up and pressure you to just get it over with. Being well practiced in spot dodging (and having a character who is good with spot dodging, such as Link) definitely helps in this.

The best thing about Temple, though, is that everyone gets into percentages you simply don't see on other stages and absolutely ridiculous shenanigans are thus possible that would never normally occur. It can turn a cut-throat 4 person brawl into a total laugh/wtf fest.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I do not... I imagine the caves leading down would be safe spots as they are small and would at least allow for techs?

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
The roof of the "gazebo" on the far left and the highest platform on the far right are very safe spots. You can sit up there for an entire minute before a bomb falls close to you, though I would recommend going to one of those places and dodging back and forth constantly.

D

Deleted member

I like the Temple as you can have some chaotic fun here. I remember when my friends and I did 99 stocks, all items on, 300% damage, and went to the temple. It lasted for a long time, but it was really fun!

It just sucks when you go into Basic Brawl and end up on this stage, as some people will be evading you often.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Obvious troll/joke thread is obvious.

Nevertheless I'll share my thoughts on the stage.

I don't like it.

It's fun to occasionally mess around on it with friends or play a taunt match on it every now and then, but I despise it in normal matches. Because people often tend to flee to the lower section, and in my experience, players are generally knocked around between the ceiling, floor and the edge of the area to the right of the stage and only get K.O.'d in the lower section every now and then, unless we're battling on the LOWEST, smallest platform. I despise that area....

Plus, that place is a heaven for trolls using Meta Knight, Pit, Peach and/or Sonic as they can easily play the coward and keep avoiding the player by flying under most of the stage to get either to lower or higher parts of the stage, or running around the stage and start a chase scene in one particular section of the stage, either way they can either prevent you from getting a point back after they K.O. you, or if they don't K.O. you they can still drag the match on until Sudden Death. I hate this stage mainly because of trolls like that....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fountain of Dreams is without a doubt my favorite stage in Melee. I was disappointed it wasn't in Brawl..... I was fine with Green Greens though.

Avantgrave

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0963-0522-3867
It's the best stage ever. Period.
Preach brother, preach! Almost always use this stage whenever my friends and I just want to have a great time and play around. We take our serious matches elsewhere for obvious reasons, but from my time in Melee especially, Temple will always hold a special place in my heart.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
it is okay. But for matches it is a big NO.when the other person kills u he/she will just keep running away. But for playing around it is a big YES. it is a fun stage it is cool to

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
In online matches, this stage is a nightmare in my opinion. People usually like to go all defensive on this stage and sometimes it can take minutes for a player to actually get hit.

Top Bottom