• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I know the rumors are getting old but they are kinda fun (new one + question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Apperntly Brawl has leaked. And I don't know the rules when it comes to posting this and torrents and all. But...

5 words...
Smash Bros Brawl (NTSC) Wii Vortex

Someone check it out with a modchip, because it could be real, and it just leaked. Also, I was looking up torrents, and an older one was the Brawl Demo, does anyone know if that actually worked. If so... well, what do you guys think?!!??!?

lazychi

Smash Cadet
i SERIOUSLY doubt it but maybe someone will check it out
maybe a virus with an attractive name =D

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
I'm downloading it now, and have been. You should of waited to post it untill someone confirms it to be real. If not , there is nothing to discuss yet =(.

Hunter Ing

Smash Rookie
already

I already heard about this, it was said to be the beta version of brawl that IGN and other places have not the actual game.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
No. This is proven to be fake. The demo you're talking about was just a zip file with a password that required you to go to some website and fill out a survey....classic bait and switch.

It's fake.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
brawl will be torrented... just probably not this early
closer to the 24th imo.

pirkid

Smash Lord
This is a different file. It was uploaded on the 9th by Vortex, and apparently it's working, all you need is a modded Wii and a DVD to burn the 46 files on . >.>

DL and Firewater apparently confirmed it, but don't take my word for it, ask 'em.

karterfreak

Smash Cadet
I really hope this leak is real. I'll wait for Dark Link's response on it though before I actually try to use it in my Wii though. If anyone else thats reliable from this board can confirm it though, by all means, do so!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Dude I have a modded Wii but I don't have a dvd burner... Too bad, too freaking bad.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
No. This is proven to be fake. The demo you're talking about was just a zip file with a password that required you to go to some website and fill out a survey....classic bait and switch.

It's fake.
It's not the same one. The old fake was 4.11GB, this one is 4.21. Chances are one in a billion, but worth a shot.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hm...very interesting. Let us know if this works. (The screenshot helps its credibility, at least.)

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
well I have a DVD burner and some DVDs but no modded Wii. Ahh Well.

Cant someone just DL it and look through the files to see it it looks real. Like maybe certain codes and words like "DK Jungle Japes" or something like that.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
I'd help check if I wasn't nearing my download cap. Anyone try it yet?

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Umm, it's dated 1/7/2008, and says right at the start that it needs no password, and that if it does, to reject it. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=136018&page=3

99.999% sure it's fake. The supposed RAR files are vortex-ssbb.r*
Vortex wouldn't use "SSBB" for a demo because they wouldn't be able to release the retail game under SSBB.

That's one.

The second is that Vortex supposedly mentions bittorrent when no true "sceners" use bittorrents. Torrents are laughed at in the scene.

Fake.

This isn't the place for this. It's fake. If you're interested to see if Brawl gets leaked, pay close attention to http://www.gbatemp.net NOT gamefaqs. pfft!

Pseudo-Threadlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom