• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I kind of don't want to play this game now.

Bocom

Smash Apprentice
Then kind of don't play it?

Seriously, stop whining, and get better! D:

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
STFU

man up and practice, or GTFO of smash. No one likes *******.
Tell it like it is.

So you lost. Big deal, everyone loses. It's a part of life. Don't drop everything and run away because you got slugged by a few people. Go practise.

Roller

Smash Legend
STFU

man up and practice, or GTFO of smash. No one likes *******.
This guy knows what he's talkin about. Big red letters means he is fo rizzle.

Seriously, getting beat only makes me determined to get better. I would hate this game if I won EVERY SINGLE TIME I played it. Getting beaten means you still have room to improve and you can still have fun competitive matches.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Playing with people much better than you isn't a good way to learn. You'll never get any openings to try new things on. It's better to have a sparring partner who's relatively evenly matched, so that you constantly try to 1-up each other.
Disagree. If you play against people who are overtly better than you, you can watch their moves and learn that way. A good use I've found for replays (youtube vids to a lesser extent since those can't be ran inside Brawl) is to watch them like athletes watch game tapes. Study your opponent and improve. I'm in the process of gaining the upper hand on a guy who's been trashing me for four years, it just takes time (and Wario).

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i only read the first post.... how can a thread like this get up to 4 pages... it is truly befuddling

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
These people are right, when I lose in smash, it makes me want to get better and keep with the metagame. No player is undefeated. There will always be someone else who can beat you, no matter who you are. All great players were once bad.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Don't get discouraged. Just keep trying switch up your strategy. Specific people need specific strategies to play against them.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else see the irony in this? The OP is simply expecting what Sakurai intended Brawl to be - a game where noobs can compete with pros, no skill is necessary to play well, and losers also have fun. However, people are criticizing him as if what he expects is completely unheard of. In reality, the vast majority of Brawl players are like the OP.

I'm sure once Sakurai's team tells him of these issues brought up by the OP, he will start working on ways to fix them in Smash 4.

If you are satisfied with Brawl, you should be comfortable with this type of attitude in your community.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
this is what separates the scrubs from the men.

don't give up or you'll end up being a scrub at life!

meh just try to read guides and watch vids, go to any tourneys close by. you'll get better quickly.
men with out a girl friend that is

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
-Yawn-
You`re a loser, literally.
What I`m getting from you is: "I need to win this, I need to win that."
Emphasis on need
Yes, your ego should have gone down '20 million.'
You play games just to win - nothing more.
I hope you learned your lesson; you can`t be the best at everything.

Hmph.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I just got my *** beat by a VERY good player. I feel so ashamed, i only won ONCE, ONCE out of like twenty matches, and I was pit, he was Mario... but anyway, he was Olimar and beat me with sometimes 1 stock with about 50% left, of 2 stocks with high %, he could Snakedash, something that I have trouble with, he could chaingrab with D3. No matter who I played as (even snake, my best, or so I thought) I just couldn't win. I could just about beat anyone before that, but he came in, and dropped my ego by like 20 million. :(
People like you are the reason WHY Sakurai "dumbed down" the game.

Please, be happy while the game isn't
winner = random(getNumberOfPlayers)

At least knowing what moves to use should make people good at the game.

If you aren't good at the game, play to learn how to be good, or Nintendo's
disasterous trend of making games easier to help YOU will perpetuate, maybe even worsen... :(

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
winner = random(getNumberOfPlayers)
Best idea ever, imo. Satisfy the casual community once and for all (it cant possibly get more causal than that), and then work towards making a game the competitive community could be happy with.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wow! you really look down! but I say don't give up since you can always practice and practice until you think you've"mastered" a character then take him on

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
-Yawn-
You`re a loser, literally.
What I`m getting from you is: "I need to win this, I need to win that."
Emphasis on need
Yes, your ego should have gone down '20 million.'
You play games just to win - nothing more.
I hope you learned your lesson; you can`t be the best at everything.

Hmph.
Let's look up competitive in the dictionary, shall we? Specifically, the Oxford English Dictionary. Oh, let's see here. Competitive. Adjective. Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.

In other words, having the desire to win.

Now, I'm not a part of the competitive group, but even when I'm playing with my friends, I don't play to lose. And seeing as you can only win or lose in Smash Brothers, I would rather win, wouldn't you?

I think I understand what you're saying, though. He should be trying to win AND having fun. But your statement really runs off of assumptions here. Really, all he did was state his emotions. He didn't flat out say that he was going to quit the game because one guy beat him. He just said he feels discouraged. And I think that's completely understandable -- maybe not admirable, but understandable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd think that many players has come across an opponent so over them that they felt discouraged, even for a second. Unless you've never played someone of that caliber.

And why, why, why did you need to throw that "hmph" in there? What was your intention in doing that?

To the OP, though, I'm sincerely curious. What kind of response did you think this thread would evoke?

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I never really felt like playing this game a few days after it came out.

Listen, you really take every chance to bash Brawl in any way. Yes, you are very displeased with it, but I noticed that you do it whenever you post. Nothing personal against you, it just gets annoying after the 50th time. Please understand.

Top Bottom