• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just realised why the chracters are ordered the way they are in All-Star Mode.

Takuthehedgehog

Smash Cadet
It's in the order that the series were released! Wario is the only exception, who, if counting his first appearence in Super Mario Land 2, should be before Star Fox, but if you count Wario Land as his first appearence, it'd go after Star Fox.

Game & Watch, first appearence on Game & Watch handhelds, released 1980
Mario series, first appearence in Donkey Kong for Arcade, released 1981
Donkey Kong sereis, first appearence in Donkey Kong for Arcade, released 1981
Ice Climbers, first appearence in Ice Climber, released January, 1985
R.O.B., bundled with Gyromite, released August, 1985
Legend of Zelda series, first appearence in The Legend of Zelda, released February, 1986
Metroid series, first appearence in Metroid, released August, 1986
Kid Icarus series, first appearence in Kid Icarus, released December, 1986
Metal Gear series, first appearence in Metal Gear, released July, 1987
Mother (EarthBound) series, first appearence in Mother (EarthBound 0), released July, 1989
Fire Emblem series, first appearence in Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, released April, 1990
Yoshi series, first appearence in Super Mario World, released November, 1990
F-Zero series, first appearence in F-Zero, released November, 1990
Sonic series, first appearence in Sonic the Hedgehog, released June, 1991
Kirby series, first appearence in Kirby's Dreamland, released April, 1992
Star Fox series, first appearence in Star Fox, released February, 1993
Wario series, first appearence in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, released October, 1992. Second appearence in Wario Land, released January, 1994
Pokémon series, first appearence in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, released February, 1996
Pikmin series, first appearence in Pikmin, released October, 2001

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
*Insert generic facepalm.jpg here*

Kinda cOLD in here, isn't it?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Wario was the villain in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. He was the main character in Wario Land.

Anyways, nice discovery. I appreciate the effort.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Lol, I figured this out too. When I first played All Star, I was wondering why the hell G&W was the first character, Mario, who was next in line should have deserved first. Then I saw Olimar at the end, and since I knew Pikmin was the most recent game out of the others, I put two and two together and saw it.

Didn't do any actual reserach on the other characters though, lol.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You know, I consider myself a pretty observant person, but I never noticed this.

I was having trouble understanding the order before, so this was literally how I rationalized everything:

• G&W is first because he was last in Melee (why does this make sense? I don't know, it just does)
  • Mario is second because he WOULD be first, but G&W is first.
  • Pokemon is next to last because it technically has the most character representation, making it the most physically taxing battle. Most likely to take damage during this one. Hope you saved a heart container.
  • Olimar is last because he's broken.
  • And the rest were just knuckleball'd in there.

Your reason makes sense too though.

Yokipi

Smash Cadet
Wow, I never noticed this. XD I was wondering how they determined the order and why they didn't keep it random.

You know, I consider myself a pretty observant person, but I never noticed this.

I was having trouble understanding the order before, so this was literally how I rationalized everything:

• G&W is first because he was last in Melee (why does this make sense? I don't know, it just does)
  • Mario is second because he WOULD be first, but G&W is first.
  • Pokemon is next to last because it technically has the most character representation, making it the most physically taxing battle. Most likely to take damage during this one. Hope you saved a heart container.
  • Olimar is last because he's broken.
  • And the rest were just knuckleball'd in there.

Your reason makes sense too though.
Lol, this is actually pretty close to what I thought, except I though Olimar was last because of his unique gameplay style. I also thought they had spread the others out so that groups would be mixed in with singles.

Top Bottom