• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just learned an important lesson.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
And that is: NEVER. PREORDER. AGAIN.

Alright, so I go to Gamestop to see if they have a SSBB demo station up so I can play a day before I get my copy. (My copy is already in my home state's USPS facility) I see they have no demo stations for Brawl. Then I looked at the front desk. I am dead serious. I saw 20 copies of Brawl up there.

Bottom line:My Gamestop is not very active, and I should buy things there. I should never preorder anything again.

On a totally unrelated side note, I had to write a BCR in World Studies explaining our "Dream City" we had created previously. I put a builiding that had C.Falcon teaching things to anyone wishing to know the technique of the falcon. Here's the excerpt I wrote that was Falcon related:

"'Show Your Moves' affects daily life because anyone who goes to the building will only have to pay an entrance fee of $5 to have our personal trainer, Captain Falcon, teach flawless forms of Tai-Chi, such as "FALCOOON PUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!", "FALCOON KIIIICK!!" and the "knee". Students can use these techniques to show invaders their moves and defend themselves."

Muffinabus

Smash Rookie
Heh, I love all the people that were freaking out saying anyone who didn't have a preorder was screwed. I arrived at my Best Buy at 11:00 PM and was 6th in line. The store had 192 copies.

J18

Smash Journeyman
yeah after i preordered my friend told me that it is really a waste, and now i kinda regret preordering it cuz now i have to wait till it's delivered to me. instead i could've just scoured the stores in my area, and i'm positive that i would have found at least one.

Fox_Makenshi

Smash Rookie
Or you could just pre-order it AT the store >.> That's what I did. If you're going to pick up a game the day it comes out, you might as well pre-order it (if you can) at that store.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Fox_Makenshi

Smash Rookie
Or you could just pre-order it AT the store >.> That's what I did. If you're going to pick up a game the day it comes out, you might as well pre-order it (if you can) at that store.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I preordered at gamestop.

Picked up my copy from pandora's cube on Friday..

Gamestop wasn't going to give me my copy till sunday.

I'm never preordering again.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
There are no downsides to pre-ordering, idiots.
It's $5 freaking dollars that guarantees your copy IN CASE the stores run out. You lazy snobs.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
not everyone has money to throw around. You spoilt brat.
It's a down payment, genius.

You pay $5 now, pay $45 when you buy the game at the counter instead of $50.

If you put $10 down for a pre-order, you pay $40 at the counter.

It's the same as buying the game anywhere else, only you're guaranteed in advance to have it. >_>

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I paid it off at gamestop. Showed up at 11:55, showed them my receipt, picked up my copy, left the store at 12:02.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
There's a lot of dumb in this thread. First of all, if you have the ability to get to a Gamestop on release day, why would you preorder online instead of the store since having it shipped will ALWAYS get you the game later. Same for the guy talking about preording from wal-mart. Your issue isn't pre-ordering, your issue is with ordering online. Two completely different things, considering that most people who preordered at a Gamestop store were playing Brawl before 1 AM this morning.

paintballer76800

Smash Rookie
I just want to add a few things here.

Legally speaking, Gamestop cannot sell the game to anybody before midnight. Not even if its paid off fully in the preorder, and the person comes back at midnight to finalize things. Nearly every store had enough for people who didnt preorder, but they have no way to tell what kind of public response they were going to get to a game, and how many of those reserves are actually going to come in on day 1/2 to redeem that.

Gamestop cannot put the demo disc in the Wiis at the store either, before the game is released. They could technically get sued by Nintendo for letting people play the product before its out, nearly the same thing as selling it. . Having a friend who works there, he wasnt even allowed to look at the box art before the release.

And preordering online slightly defeats the purpose of it if you ask me. They might have an overnight special, but it doesnt ship until the game comes out. Ex: Comes out on the 9th, gets shipped on the 10th (because 9th was sunday), delivered on 11th. Just go to the nearest store, and get it the day of, and everyone leaves happy. I paid all mine off when the release date was back in December, and it took the guys at my local store about 5 minutes to get me in and out of there.

Jumpinjahosafa, pandoras shouldnt have given you that copy, but Gamestop is just following the rules.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i showed up at GameStop at noon-ish...
asked if it was possible to get it without a preorder...
the guy told me i was lucky...
they only had a few extras...

andytw710

Smash Cadet
I walked in to Wal-Mart at midnight and had to get someone to open the box for me...a few people came after me but there was no rush.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
Heh, I love all the people that were freaking out saying anyone who didn't have a preorder was screwed. I arrived at my Best Buy at 11:00 PM and was 6th in line. The store had 192 copies.
Well, it depends on the area. If camping out means standing outside in 10 degree weather, I'd imagine less people would show up. There isn't really a downside to preordering, but if you feel bold I guess it's fine not to, like Muffinabus so bravely did.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I actually surprised at the amount of copies we needed and how everyone got a copy. Which is great news.

Except for people who panicked and pre-ordered online or in-store and those with online pre-orders are now screwed. (Like me.)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I got it pre-ordered, thought I would pick it up tomorrow. My bro was nice enough to get it for me at midnight ^^

-Onyx

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
I preordered at gamestop.

Picked up my copy from pandora's cube on Friday..

Gamestop wasn't going to give me my copy till sunday.

I'm never preordering again.
And that is: NEVER. PREORDER. AGAIN.
God, I love denying kids like these their copies of games when they try to come in and buy a game the day it comes out.

You don't reserve, you don't deserve.

And I can already see your problem: You went to GameStop. GameStoppo FTL.

not everyone has money to throw around. You spoilt brat.
I really can't belive you just said that in response to putting down $5...

Top Bottom