• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Hope Sonic has his Damage Animation from the Old games

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Greetings,

The title says all.

For those whom have not played the old Sonic games, just watch the following video at 0:20-0:22. That is the animation I am talking about. Sonic could have this animation when he gets hit, is sent flying, or is falling after getting launched.

What say you lot?

D

Deleted member

If Mega Man has his damage animations, then I think Sonic should as well.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This would be awesome! When he's sent flying, it should definitely look like this! Also, I hope Icecap Zone's track is in this game. Sonic 3 has the best score - Michael Jackson helped develop it!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This would be awesome! When he's sent flying, it should definitely look like this! Also, I hope Icecap Zone's track is in this game. Sonic 3 has the best score - Michael Jackson helped develop it!
Seriously? I never knew that. Come to think of it, the Ice Cap Zone theme always did make me think of Micheal Jackson whenever I was playing the game or listening to the theme online.

You learn something everyday.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
I would like the old animation very much!

"AHH, MY RINGS!"

It would also be funny if Nintendo added actual rings every time Sonic gets KO'D or something. :D

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Beat me too it, I want to see rings fly out when he dies, even though it wouldnt make sense continuity-wise, being that in his own games he dies precisely when he doesn't have any rings. But hey, sense when has continuity with original series mattered in smash bros?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I would think that animation would work only if he was hit very hard horizontally or meteor smashed/spiked.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Meh, I don't really mind either way. I know the animation has been used on Modern Sonic, though I personally think it only really suits Classic Sonic.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Whenever he gets knocked into the downward blast zone on his last stock, he should raise his arms and do the live loss animation.

Same with Mario. Only last stock, though.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Considering he's got a ton of moves from Sonic Championship he should lose rings with every hit.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well actually that animation was already in brawl where he would throw his hands up and legs while turning his head. It's a mix between his classic hit animation and modern

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Sounds like a great touch, And Megaman gets ALL of his original animations!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Guys, guys, GUYS!!! It looks like he has it!!

In the following video, if you look closely, when Kirby launches Sonic in the air, Sonic raises his hands and feet, just like in the old games.

Huzzah!!
That looks more like a generic panic.

Top Bottom