• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hope Pit doesn't end up as under used as he was in Brawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It feels like he should be higher on the tier list.Good matchups,longest recovery of all,and possibly the best projectile in the game.And Japan thinks more of him too,but I'm not sure why.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Mh in my opinion I prefer, that all characters are 100% perfect balanced, because I want to have good matches against every character.... but I think that is impossible. So I think it makes sense, when the characters take the right position in the tier list. That means for example:

SS-Tier ( God tier ) Pit [ because he is the most powerfull Nintendocharacter )
S tier the second, third, ............... best character and so on ^^

But you should think: maybe Pit is going to get some disadvantages. For example:

Guardian orbitars ( down b )

In Kid Icarus Uprising, the guardian orbitars doesn't protect Pit against every projectil ( MONOEYE can shoot through the shield. ) Maybe Pit isn't unter protection against every projectile.

Next: The energyshields of the guardian orbitars dissapears after a certain time. In Smash Bros Brawl Pit pockets his shield in a certain time.

I think Pit isn't going to be able tip up his shields like the mirrorshield ( but the shields are bigger )
Plus I think down B isn't going to have super armor frames like the mirrorshield ( but his upperdasharm )

Next: Upperdasharm

I'm worried about the Upperdasharm... I mean Captain Falcons side b is easy to counter ... ( shield + grab for example )... maybe Pits upperdash arm is easy to counter too by doing the same like against Captain Falcon.
Or Link with his grappling iron ... if Pit use his upperdash arm, he charged his attack... I think Link just use his grappling iron in this moment ( or a little bit later ) and Pit is captured.

Maybe you fall from the stage because you can't fly after using the upperdasharm... If you use angelring in the air, you can after the attack fly up... Captain Falcon would fall down.

Power of flight:

I think Pit isn't going to fly everywhere... like gliding I think he is going to fly diagonal. Pit can't fly away and if he is hitting by a character, he falls down...

I hope Pit is going to be better than brawl and he is my most favourite character. I love him! And he deserves to be the best because he isn't going to get a sequel. ^^ And he won my heart xD But if he will be worse or as well as brawl, nobody can change it and I accept it. ^^

You are not sure why but why do you think most likely he shouled be higher in the tier list? ^^ Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? And do you like his new moveset? ^^ Maybe thats it. ^^

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm not saying Pit should of been a better character, I said he should be higher mostly because of his matchups.

But yeah, I'm pretty excited for his new moves. Pit apparently doesn't flinch while using his new >B, and I hope his 'new' ^B is just a new animation or something. His old ^B is great, yaknow?

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Yes I agree, but I think his new B-UP will be cooler. But I'm afraid that Link will be to good against Pit...

I posted already some possible disadvantages. And now... Sakurai said in Pic of day: '' Both Link and Pit use bows, BUT when they fire simultaneously, their arrows meet and cancel out closer to Pit ''

I hope Pit doesn't fall in the new Tier list. He is more defensive than SSBB but every defensive is sometime broken. =I '' Attack is the best defensive. ''

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Part of me kind of likes using an under-represented character.
People aren't as quick to figure you out, and you stand out a little more.
...But it's also nice to take pride in seeing top players represent the character and win tournaments and stuff.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, Pit players get no respect and most people think he's trash. Just one or two well-known Pits would help us.

And the arrow thing works the mostly the same way as it did before. Yaknow, like how everybody thought Samus's missiles were nerfed because you could slash them to stop them, when it's always been like that.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Samus' missiles were nerfed pretty hard in Bwarl, though. As was everything else about her :/

I actually feel like Pit will flourish in the new environment. Of course it's too early to say but he's very Marth-like in that he has a good, solid design and only needs to avoid a few things holding him back, like inadequate kill power.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Samus' missiles were nerfed pretty hard in Bwarl, though. As was everything else about her :/

I actually feel like Pit will flourish in the new environment. Of course it's too early to say but he's very Marth-like in that he has a good, solid design and only needs to avoid a few things holding him back, like inadequate kill power.
I was talking about the PotD where Sakurai showed Link slashing a missile and how everybody thought it was new.

But yeah, with Pit's worst specials replaced, he can only go up. But I hope the Guardian Orbitars aren't too slow and actually reflect projectiles.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think the Guardian Orbitars aren't going to be able to reflect projectiles. I like the mirroreffect but its usefullless against characters like Ganondorf, Sonic.......... and so on. I wish that we can get a lot out of Pit against every character.

But I think Pit is going to get the 3 sacred treasures as Finalsmash, because the mirrorshield is one of the most important weapons in Kid Icarus ( we know he defeated Medusa every time with the 3 sacred treasures ). Its one of the 3 sacred treasures and maybe he can reflect and blocks the projectiles / attacks. ^^

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
I don't know he was hard to kill with, had weak aerials despite being floaty, if hurt during his up b became helpless, and felt somewhat predictable. He definitely has strengths but he has at least as many weaknesses. I think he's fine in the middle of the tier list.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't know he was hard to kill with, had weak aerials despite being floaty, if hurt during his up b became helpless, and felt somewhat predictable. He definitely has strengths but he has at least as many weaknesses. I think he's fine in the middle of the tier list.
His only flaw IMO (besides not being Meta Knight) is his weak kill moves.

His aerials weren't ment to be that powerful besides bair. Fair is fast, uair and nair are for racking up damage, and dair is a downwards attack. (I guess it'd be nice if it spiked though...)
Any half-decent Pit shouldn't be gimped by anybody other than MK and himself.
Pit isn't predictable as far as I can tell, great Pit players all have vastly different styles.

Like I said, Japan sees something in him that we don't. He's considered to be number eight right now. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Japanese_tier_list

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I really want to know why are the tierlists are so different.

But in my opinion the US tier list is right.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
And the metagame is different. The other notable changes are fox is considerably higher in the list and pikachu is considerably lower.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Ah thank you.

I hope Pit is going to be in the top five of the SSB4 tier list. ^^ After Uprising, he should be one of the best characters in Brawl. Maybe some people would play him, because he is strong and funny. Maybe some gamer would have an successful experience and think: '' I should try Kid Icarus Uprising, I'm going to buy it. ^^ ''

If we are lucky, Nintendo would develope at any rate a sequel. ^^ But if Nintendo isn't going to develope a sequel, Pit gets the right place in the tier list at least.

In honor of our angel <3

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
Ah thank you.

I hope Pit is going to be in the top five of the SSB4 tier list. ^^ After Uprising, he should be one of the best characters in Brawl. Maybe some people would play him, because he is strong and funny. Maybe some gamer would have an successful experience and think: '' I should try Kid Icarus Uprising, I'm going to buy it. ^^ ''

If we are lucky, Nintendo would develope at any rate a sequel. ^^ But if Nintendo isn't going to develope a sequel, Pit gets the right place in the tier list at least.

In honor of our angel <3
In terms of who should be broken he is definitely near the top but this of course shouldn't be intentional and I am really hoping for better balancing this time around.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I think the Guardian Orbitars aren't going to be able to reflect projectiles. I like the mirroreffect but its usefullless against characters like Ganondorf, Sonic.......... and so on. I wish that we can get a lot out of Pit against every character.

But I think Pit is going to get the 3 sacred treasures as Finalsmash, because the mirrorshield is one of the most important weapons in Kid Icarus ( we know he defeated Medusa every time with the 3 sacred treasures ). Its one of the 3 sacred treasures and maybe he can reflect and blocks the projectiles / attacks. ^^
If I recall, the guardian orbitars put up a sheild that will either nullify projectiles or reflect them. More than that, in uprising, if you ran into the shield, you took some pretty good damage. Likewise that will probably be the case here. If it is a solid wall OR you get knockback for walking into it, you could use it to guard the ledge

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Pit in Smash Bros. Brawl was my main for a long time before I switched over to Marth & Fox, and there are a lot of reasons... from what I remember, I thought Pit was quite an awkward character on most fronts.

He's surprisingly slow in the air (9th slowest) and he's a moderate fast-faller. Both these traits make it hard for Pit to have a decent, reliable wall of pain (especially considering the noticeable start-up lag of his forward air). His back-air is a good kill move but a good opponent familiar with the matchup will make it hard for you to get the opportunity.

His tilts are a little too strong in knockback to juggle or follow up into true combos (most notably his up-tilt). His smash attacks are fast and have semi-decent KO power, which is nice. Dash attack is actually one of his best KO moves; its hitbubble hits low, which makes it possible to shield stab.

His arrows are arguably the best projectile in the entire game, his Mirror Shield is a great defensive tool that can even be used in the air (definitely something that I underused) but his Wings of Icarus (as a recovery) is something to only be used as a last resort; it's one of the most predictable, unsafe and gimp-able recoveries in the game only helped by its long distance (to hopefully trick an opponent, but it's all mindgames past this point).

But basically, the more I played Pit the more I realized that his moveset doesn't flow too well into each other, and he's mostly I character I found to be most effective at shooing an opponent away and then forcing them to approach with arrows; repeat. Both Marth & Fox have a lot of juggle/setup attacks, which can rack up percent easily as they can chain into different moves fluidly. They both have dangerous off-stage game too with semi spikes setups and good tools to edgeguard. Pit doesn't really have those setups.

I stopped playing Pit as a main once I realized just how stressful it was to be effective with him once your opponent realizes your options, because that in itself can shut down Pit surprisingly hard. His best moves are his arrows, by a mile.

Still seriously looking forward to Pit in Smash 4; these new moves are looking nice!

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I underuse Pit and overuse Ganondorf if that makes any sense.

I don't know, I think maybe if the Kid Icarus series was represented more, we wouldn't see this problem.

If they added Palutena, this would push to using Pit more often in Brawl until Super Smash Bros for 3ds/Wii U was released, and even in the sequel I'd use both Pit and Palutena.

That Viridi stage is a good sign that we might see more Kid Icarus reps, hopefully Phosphora makes a appearance, that again is another thing that excites me and makes me want to play as Pit more.

If Magnus was in anyway, that would make me want to play WWE 13 because Magnus is a name of a TNA wrestler and that's the first thing I think of when I hear the name Magnus mentioned, if anything Magnus even being a Assist Trophy makes me want to play as Pit less, because I'd feel they're not representing the Kid Icarus series the way it should be represented.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Pit in Smash Bros. Brawl was my main for a long time before I switched over to Marth & Fox, and there are a lot of reasons... from what I remember, I thought Pit was quite an awkward character on most fronts.

He's surprisingly slow in the air (9th slowest) and he's a moderate fast-faller. Both these traits make it hard for Pit to have a decent, reliable wall of pain (especially considering the noticeable start-up lag of his forward air). His back-air is a good kill move but a good opponent familiar with the matchup will make it hard for you to get the opportunity.

His tilts are a little too strong in knockback to juggle or follow up into true combos (most notably his up-tilt). His smash attacks are fast and have semi-decent KO power, which is nice. Dash attack is actually one of his best KO moves; its hitbubble hits low, which makes it possible to shield stab.

His arrows are arguably the best projectile in the entire game, his Mirror Shield is a great defensive tool that can even be used in the air (definitely something that I underused) but his Wings of Icarus (as a recovery) is something to only be used as a last resort; it's one of the most predictable, unsafe and gimp-able recoveries in the game only helped by its long distance (to hopefully trick an opponent, but it's all mindgames past this point).

But basically, the more I played Pit the more I realized that his moveset doesn't flow too well into each other, and he's mostly I character I found to be most effective at shooing an opponent away and then forcing them to approach with arrows; repeat. Both Marth & Fox have a lot of juggle/setup attacks, which can rack up percent easily as they can chain into different moves fluidly. They both have dangerous off-stage game too with semi spikes setups and good tools to edgeguard. Pit doesn't really have those setups.

I stopped playing Pit as a main once I realized just how stressful it was to be effective with him once your opponent realizes your options, because that in itself can shut down Pit surprisingly hard. His best moves are his arrows, by a mile.

Still seriously looking forward to Pit in Smash 4; these new moves are looking nice!

I agree but I still play Pit today and in SSB4, I'm going to play him. Sometimes its stressfull to play him like you said... but I love Pit and I play ever him. ^^ I hope Pit is going to be better in SSB4. ^^ He deserves it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I agree but I still play Pit today and in SSB4, I'm going to play him. Sometimes its stressfull to play him like you said... but I love Pit and I play ever him. ^^ I hope Pit is going to be better in SSB4. ^^ He deserves it.
I like to play as his Dark Pit look in Brawl it's ok, but I really hope to see it updated to the official Dark Pit look, that's another reason to get me to want to use him more.

The only thing I don't like about Pit so far is that one move with the Upperdash Arm, of all weapons, why that, I never use the Upperdash Arm, I would of rather saw the Pandora Claws.

Another thing is ok, I get it, it's the freaken Palutena Bow, but what about the blade, the first weapon you get is a blade, and in Uprising, I prefer the Palutena Blade over the Palutena Bow, I use the Phosphora Bow.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

I definitely agree on the last resort thing, but unless you're fighting another Pit or character with an aimable projectile, you really shouldn't get gimped. If they're running out to get you, fly up and out. The idea is to learn the character's reach and float just out of range and land safely.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I like to play as his Dark Pit look in Brawl it's ok, but I really hope to see it updated to the official Dark Pit look, that's another reason to get me to want to use him more.

The only thing I don't like about Pit so far is that one move with the Upperdash Arm, of all weapons, why that, I never use the Upperdash Arm, I would of rather saw the Pandora Claws.

Another thing is ok, I get it, it's the freaken Palutena Bow, but what about the blade, the first weapon you get is a blade, and in Uprising, I prefer the Palutena Blade over the Palutena Bow, I use the Phosphora Bow.

I never used the upperdasharm too before Pit got it in SSB4. After that I tried the upperdasharm in Uprising and I love this weapon. But I need some tipps... my Upperdasharm isn't well. =/

I hope the upperdasharm isn't to easy to counter like Captain Falcons Raptor Boost ( side B ) ... this is my biggest apprehension.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Really if Pit's up-b is able to be used after getting hit and his aerial speed coincides with his moveset a little more he can potentially be really good. He was C tier in Brawl, so he wasn't nearly as dumped on as poor guys like Mario.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
It would be so awesome... I wasn't be hit often by an enemy, but it was bad to fall down if you are get a hit. I hope Pit is going to fly again after he was hit in the air.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Really if Pit's up-b is able to be used after getting hit and his aerial speed coincides with his moveset a little more he can potentially be really good. He was C tier in Brawl, so he wasn't nearly as dumped on as poor guys like Mario.
Pit is dumped on because he's 'spammy.' As for his uB, I doubt he'll be able to use it again after being hit. Could he ever not get back if he did?

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
I never used the upperdasharm too before Pit got it in SSB4. After that I tried the upperdasharm in Uprising and I love this weapon. But I need some tipps... my Upperdasharm isn't well. =/

I hope the upperdasharm isn't to easy to counter like Captain Falcons Raptor Boost ( side B ) ... this is my biggest apprehension.
I have one with a high melee value and dash attack. It only works well on unsuspecting players but it's fun to use.
Pit is dumped on because he's 'spammy.' As for his uB, I doubt he'll be able to use it again after being hit. Could he ever not get back if he did?
With enough landing lag it would force pit players to get creative or they could just the reduce the time he can fly.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I have one with a high melee value and dash attack. It only works well on unsuspecting players but it's fun to use.
Ah thank you. I found a horridly combo:

Shoot range + 3
freeze +4
homing boost +3
melee dash attack + 3

Powers:

freeze LVL 3
invisible shoots LVL 3
Lightweight LVL 4

After the enemy is freeze I use the Upperdasharm for a melee dash attack and he gets down. ^^
I recommed it.

But let's go back to SSB4... I hope Pit is going to be able fly everywhere instead of a diagonal flight. =I

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Are you all serious? I loved Pit in Brawl and I'm GLAD he's underused. I consider myself to be a pretty good Pit and I give my friends and other tourney goers HELL when i play Pit because they don't know how to fight him effectively. And because he can rack up damage with Uair Nair and Arrows, his kill moves can be saved for when you can guarantee the kill. His Dsmash, Fsmash, Bair, Dash attack, and Glide Attack are all great kill options. If anything, i want Pit to play the same as Brawl and still hold a similar tier position so people can't complain when i win with Pit, like they sometimes do when i play Olimar (who was my most wanted newcomer for Brawl- i'd have played him regardless of tier position and i will for Smash 4)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Are you all serious? I loved Pit in Brawl and I'm GLAD he's underused. I consider myself to be a pretty good Pit and I give my friends and other tourney goers HELL when i play Pit because they don't know how to fight him effectively. And because he can rack up damage with Uair Nair and Arrows, his kill moves can be saved for when you can guarantee the kill. His Dsmash, Fsmash, Bair, Dash attack, and Glide Attack are all great kill options. If anything, i want Pit to play the same as Brawl and still hold a similar tier position so people can't complain when i win with Pit, like they sometimes do when i play Olimar (who was my most wanted newcomer for Brawl- i'd have played him regardless of tier position and i will for Smash 4)
Mostly talking about how little he's been explored. Most good Pit players are usually only great with one or two aspects. Really, I want a great player to come along and show us what Pit is really capable of.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Guys. I'm a good Pit player ( he is my main ), but I think every player needs a lot of training to keep fit. And I want a special training with an good Pit player. I know SSBB lags in online mode but I could maybe learn some more tricks. I want to prepare as much as possible for SSB4. ^^

Are there one gamer who want a match? ^^

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
His only flaw IMO (besides not being Meta Knight) is his weak kill moves.

His aerials weren't ment to be that powerful besides bair. Fair is fast, uair and nair are for racking up damage, and dair is a downwards attack. (I guess it'd be nice if it spiked though...)
Any half-decent Pit shouldn't be gimped by anybody other than MK and himself.
Pit isn't predictable as far as I can tell, great Pit players all have vastly different styles.

Like I said, Japan sees something in him that we don't. He's considered to be number eight right now. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Japanese_tier_list
Hmm... interesting list. I must admit I've never seen that. Anyway, I still plan on using Pit in SSB4.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think Pit is really good as well. Who knows, maybe he will be high on the tier list for Smash 4. :D

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
As long as he's viable, I don't mind if he's lower on the tier list. To me, high tiers aren't as fun to play since they are more commonly seen.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think Pit is really good as well. Who knows, maybe he will be high on the tier list for Smash 4. :D

I hope this. ^^ Pit deserves to be one of the high characters in the tier list ^^

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
I hope this. ^^ Pit deserves to be one of the high characters in the tier list ^^
"Deserve" is a funny word. I'll feel bad for players who end up with favorite characters who are only subpar. Furthermore it's sad when characters with cool playstyles end up subpar. Canon really doesn't mean anything and is difficult to argue for any side anyways. Really ultimate balance should be aimed for and if it is not reached it is just what side the dice lands on.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I wrote this because no game will be absoloutly balanced. ^^

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I loved Pit being where he was on Brawl's tier. So we wasn't high tier. Good! It made it all that sweeter when my Pit beat everyone else's Snakes and Marths. I go to tourneys (that's not a brag, just hear me out, I'm going somewhere with this) and I always see people going with the same safe characters like Meta-Knight, Diddy Kong, etc...ya know, the High Tiers. I like people who play their favorites and bring out their best instead of just going for whoever is tops. So Pit being as far from the top of the tier, yet still has all the stuff we/I can use to make the character work, that's what I want. The minute Pit becomes higher tier, that's the minute everyone spams him, not just the fans of the characters or the fans of his playstyle. Everyone will just overuse him for the sake of "easy winning".

That's my personal pet peeve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom