• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hope people read this, mostly NC, but other people too...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
So... I was going to make a post like this at some point about how after HERB3 I was going to quit Smash. In light of recent events I'm not going to quit Smash anytime soon, but I feel like this post should be made anyway... but with some changes... so bear with me here...

Besides the part where I'm having it hard finding time to play Melee, and finding rides to these events, school has started to become more of a priority for me (parents...). As most of you know, sometimes it's just hard to balance out school with smash, especially when you live as far away as me and don't have a car. I kept missing tournaments due to the certain things, I missed 2 Dukes I thought I'd make and Munkaid. (Kevin and Mike G know why I missed that one.)

Being that I didn't feel like I was getting any better for the past few months (which apparently I have), I felt that it was going to be an appropriate time to "retire." I was planning on going to RoM2, Pound 4, and Herb3. Not being able to go to RoM2 crushed me, but I had a great weekend anyway. Most of Sunday I was glued to the live-stream as it was.

This started to help me realize how much I cared for you guys and how much I would've never gotten accomplished without you all, whether you know it or not. I mean, I was looking a glitch *** live-stream with ****ty sound and screaming at the computer because I was that excited.

Monday, a ton of bad new hit me, I mean a ton. I learned my good friends parents were getting divorced, and he's out of the country and he will be until May. One of my better friends is upset with me because she's tired of playing phone tag; I've known her for over 2 years and we've never had a problem. Monday is when I heard about Ryan, and I've never had a friend die before... I also learned that my best friend (THE best friend) isn't going to be at school next semester. The girl who I've spent almost 24 hours a day with since I met her is leaving in 2 weeks because her family can't pay. There's more but I'd rather not go on...

My main point is that this is probably the worst time for me to leave the Smash community since you guys are all such good friends. I am going to be playing a little more serious Falcon for Ryan, but his advice to aspiring Falcon players always started with "Pick a better character," so I'm going to stick mostly with what I know when it comes to that.

:ohwell:

null55

Smash Master
lol jk...

i don't believe in quitting, Lucas. unless there's a very serious life-changing/deterring issue present, i don't see the point in not just taking a "break". i mean, esp. since you still have fun. stick with it son.

and def play Falcon. it makes you better at the game.

EDIT: god****it Ace this was supposed to be a double post.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dang Lucas......I didn't know about ALL of this mess.

We need to talk really soon man. Until then, just know that I'll want to talk to you whether you play smash or not. We're bros. <3

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, let's just say you're in the same situation I was in . . . School and work got prioritized and I couldn't play this game the way I wanted to. Eventually I just dropped from playing, but I'm still here though.

Keep at it. School will come and go and you'll eventually find time to get back in the groove.

ALSO - WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THIS NEGATIVITY LATELY!?! LORD!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Dude, even if you quit Smash, you'd still be welcome (and probably expected) at tournaments in NC. I mean, this is the state where people would rather I stick around here without a job than move in order to advance my career. I'd say don't quit, because the game can still be fun, but even if you do quit, don't stop showing up.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Dark Hart, i haven't even met you yet. please don't quit before i even meet you (though i guess i wouldve at least met you at HERB 3). From what i can tell, you seem to be a pretty well known member of NC smash, so don't quit yet.

Friends are irreplacable. I'm glad you made the choice not to lose us too.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I think a lot of the smashers I feeling this way, some because of other more important reasons to quit smash. Its my first semester in college and I royally ****ed up, I was thinking the same about quitting smash after Herb3 just competitively. I still love playing the game, if I think about it, its kinda sad, but I've met a lot of my friends because of 64, Melee and Brawl. Especially at NC State.

I have yet to meet you either kind sir. <3

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*Also posting in the thread in hopes of getting a heart from Dark Hart* :embarrass

*then realizes I probably won't because of this post* lol

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Dark Hart was there for me on my first high, pushing me every step of the way. That's love, and love hurts. :(

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Doing good in school is what usually lifts me up when a bunch of stupid **** like that happens. That might be attributed to the fact that i've never applied myself at all until my 3rd year into college but yeah.. hope everythings alright lucas.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Not going to lie, I think I had a Bill moment so to speak when I decided to post this; I didn't have to, but you guys are like family and it felt... necessary.

*Also posting in the thread in hopes of getting a heart from Dark Hart* :embarrass

*then realizes I probably won't because of this post* lol
I didn't get to see what you said, but <3 Mike G lol

Dark Hart was there for me on my first high, pushing me every step of the way. That's love, and love hurts. :(
<3 Smith, I know I nowhere near a good example, but stop doing stupid **** please.

man, this sucks. dark hart has been my bro from the beginning. pleaaase don't quit anytime soon.
<3 Twitch, one of the best teammates ever!!!!!!!!

Doing good in school is what usually lifts me up when a bunch of stupid **** like that happens. That might be attributed to the fact that i've never applied myself at all until my 3rd year into college but yeah.. hope everythings alright lucas.
<3 Dorsey I really hope we get to chill more since we've only meet once.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I didn't read it, but I hope someone provides cliff notes.

Lucas, you going to Pound 4? I haven't smoked with you yet, and I want to. :(

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I didn't read it, but I hope someone provides cliff notes.
READ IT!!!! ARG!!!!! :p

Lucas, you going to Pound 4? I haven't smoked with you yet, and I want to. :(
Yea, I'm going. Pre-reg'd and everything. I'll smoke after I'm knocked-out of Melee, so after PP beats me in Grand Finals. But I honestly need some girl in hopes of playing better.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
READ IT!!!! ARG!!!!! :p

Yea, I'm going. Pre-reg'd and everything. I'll smoke after I'm knocked-out of Melee, so after PP beats me in Grand Finals. But I honestly need some girl in hopes of playing better.
I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea what you mean when you say Some girl, and you've said it in multiple threads. Sorry.

I did read it, actually. I'm glad you're sticking with it. You're one of my favorite people to play against, mainly because we're fairly even in skill, though I'd say you're better.

If it's part of a girl you need, you should buy a copy of my book. It works, I promise ;)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Aww Lucas

You're the only person I always call by their first name

I call Jim Pyrostormer sometimes, it's funny

Don't quit

Vilt

Smash Lord
DH, we made sweet love last time we played together. I wanna do it again.

What you need to do is find a place to throw smash tournies at and let NisP and I run them so you can have fun. xD

If I'd drive to Wilmington for Slasher, I'll drive to Pembroke for you.

<3

Top Bottom