• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hink I leared tonight why Fox is one of teh most difficult characters

potter5656

Smash Cadet
to take up in Smash (yes, I let the title bleed into the message).

Fox is a flawed character. You have two options with Fox, either get up close and personal (which is a horribly bad idea if you are facing of the Link's or Cloud, let alone Shulk) or you roll and spam the hell out of his blaster to rack up damage, Either way, Fox is a combative character. Losing just about every single match in For Glory, I came to the conclusion that:

- Fox is naturally going to struggle dealing with sword-equipped characters, like Link.
- Characters like Mario, or Ryu, are realistic match-ups for Fox. Characters like Cloud or Capt Falcon are out of the question.
- You have to go in straight for the kill with Fox, otherwise you'll just be spamming the hell out of your blaster.

I've also become skeptical Fox is anywhere close to being a top-tier character, mid-tier at best from how he performs.
It feels as if you need to be Sakurai to main Fox.
I dissagree compleatly how can you think that fox mario is more realistic then fox link. Fox is high teir but his recovery limits him Fox beats link he beats shulk they are to laggy his pressure is to much for them cloud might beat fox though. never spam blaster you should really only use blaster in the begining of the match to force an approch and in certain matchups the fox falcon matchups is about even also the reason you spam roll and blaster is because your on for glory for glory should never be taken seriously its a joke sorry.

potter5656

Smash Cadet
Fact is I am a "seeing is believing" type of dude, so unless I see results with Fox, I'm going to naturally believe he is a overall weak character. Sorry if that seems stubborn, but I am extremely serious when it comes to my performance in Smash (lots of losses are accountable to bad performance, and bad performance is not acceptable in Smash Bros) . If Fox were real, I would be like Gordon Ramsey with him (Why'd you lose you furry tard, are you good enough to be in Smash Bros? Losing fighters aren't allowed in Smash Bros).

Okay, I'll say that Fox is a bit faster than Pikachu, but that chart seems a bit of a exaggeration (what stage was that recorded on, Wily's Castle?). However, Fox and ZZS seem about right. Fox couldn't be compared to Little Mac in speed, let alone Captain Falcon or Sonic.

Fox is touted as a Top 10 character in a general consensus?
Fox is touted as a very versatile character?

Okay, I'll believe it when I see the results.
larry got top 8 at ceo with fox genisis with fox and is ranked top 5 in socal with fox

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
Surely a troll?

This guy throws a curve ball after every sensible answer he's given.

I'm very new here; if it was a number of other forums, then I might suggest that Foxus is taking folk for a ride lol.

IncomingGhost

Smash Cadet
Surely a troll?

This guy throws a curve ball after every sensible answer he's given.

I'm very new here; if it was a number of other forums, then I might suggest that Foxus is taking folk for a ride lol.
I think he's just someone new to the competitive smash scene with no prior competitive experience in a game. Probably young based on the stubborn attitude and inability to type correctly. Or maybe English isnt his first language, idk

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
I think he's just someone new to the competitive smash scene with no prior competitive experience in a game. Probably young based on the stubborn attitude and inability to type correctly. Or maybe English isnt his first language, idk
Yea, I feel bad now.

I couldn't be newer myself really.

Foxus you should watch the smash brothers documentary on youtube :) It'll help show just what people went through to get good at the game, and is very interesting.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked. It's clearly a troll or someone who legitimately didn't know how to type "Fox Smash4" in a search bar.

Top Bottom