• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i heard kirby could suck up items now?

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think it's true. But as Machomannen said, it only works with some items. The Fire Flower, for example, gives him the ability to breath fire.

Off-topic: Uhm, Machomannen, are you from Scandinavia..?

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
what do you all mean you "heard" it? From where? From people who played him at Jumpfesta, or from your neighbor's sister's friend's brother's ex-girlfriend?

Also, if Kirby can suck up items, does he gain powers and wear a hat? Or does he just suck the item into his hands?

Machomannen

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I think it's true. But as Machomannen said, it only works with some items. The Fire Flower, for example, gives him the ability to breath fire.

Off-topic: Uhm, Machomannen, are you from Scandinavia..?
Yes I'm from Norway.

Du skjønner vel dette da? Er du på Smashnorge.com? Eller Nintendo-forum?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
raygun -> laser kirby.

waddle doo from king ddds projectile -> beam kirby.

fireflower -> fire kirby

freezie -> ice kirby

bomb-omb -> bomb kirby

All I could think of off the top of my head that feel right and would be awesome. Kirby hats from kirby games ftw! :)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
so where did we "hear" this? I mean, was it in some sort of video? and if this is the case, does it mean Dedede can suck up/spit out items also?

Staz

Smash Lord
so where did we "hear" this? I mean, was it in some sort of video? and if this is the case, does it mean Dedede can suck up/spit out items also?
i heard it from another forums where people were talking about it and i was like....wha? so i posted it here and i guess its true.

Synth_Guru

Smash Rookie
I hope it's true, that would be pretty cool and it would help Kirby out a lot more while he's brawlin' it out.

gsarany

Smash Cadet

It was noted in the japanese smash forums. It also has other crazy info reavealing new assist trophies and items and improvements on some old characters (ex Kirby and his ability to swallow items) Just find it in general discussion and you should find the info you are lookng for

shinzou

Smash Cadet
The spikeball could turn him into needle kirby
And obviously beam sword is sword kirby
and parasol could be parasol kirby (not that there's a difference in picking up da item and sucking if thi were the case.)

anyways this would be an excelent edition to kirby's many unique techniques

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DOES Kirby gain hats associated with the items he absorbs?

Eagle

Smash Lord
I wonder if Kirby can suck up Link's Gale Boomerang and get that cyclone ability. That would be sweet.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
More Possibilities:
> Fan = Clean Kirby
> Cracker Launcher = Firework Kirby
> Hammer/Hammer Head = Hammer Kirby
> Bumper/Screw Attack = Ball Kirby
> Smart Bomb/Electrode = Crash Kirby
> Smoke Bomb = Paint Kirby
> Spike Ball = Spike Kirby
> Dragoon = Wheel Kirby
> Starman = Hyper (Only difference: Music)
> Metal Box = Stone Kirby
> CD = Mic Kirby

TheLake

Smash Master
Oohh noez! Kirbys sooo gonna be top tier again!...If this is true that is.

Which i believe it is so hah

gsarany

Smash Cadet
it would be cool if he could suck in the beam waddle dee and turn into beam kirby. That jester hat is the coolest hat ever

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
From what I read on this thread, this is still classified as a Rumor. An awesome Rumor, but a rumor none the less. Brilliant idea.

So could someone give me a link to something to confirm it?

courte

Smash Lord
god **** this is just making me want knuckle joe even more

i dare someone to say even think "but he's an at dur" i just dare it... friggin hell

iron blade

Smash Ace
O SHI... Kirby just swallowed a smart bomb and turned into crash Kirby. That would be funny but horrendously broken.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I think for Fire Flower, Kirby would more likely get "Burning" rather than fire. That's his dash in Melee, wherein he turns into a fireball rather than spitting out flames with his "fire" ability. He already gets that from Bowser and Charizard. Plus, they replaced that move with something else in Brawl already.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
I think for Fire Flower, Kirby would more likely get "Burning" rather than fire. That's his dash in Melee, wherein he turns into a fireball rather than spitting out flames with his "fire" ability. He already gets that from Bowser and Charizard. Plus, they replaced that move with something else in Brawl already.
Yeah it would make more sense for it to be kirbys old dash then breathing fire since charizard and bowser do that already.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Hey let me take a few cracks at it, What if Kirby absorbed a beam rifle and afterwards picked up a beam rifle item while in Beam Form? I'm guessing he'll be able to take doubleshots just like in Halo 2 and 3, Or if Kirby absorbed a bunny Hood and picked up a bunny hood he would gain the ability to tele-port all over the place in an item fusion-like fashion? One more wild possibility That im thinking of is what if Kirby gained his item synthesis ability from kirby 64 or SS and can fuse character abilitys with one another to make a whole new one, for example:
DK+Yoshi= Long Punch/Grab
Megaman+Samus=Super Cannon
Mario+Sonic=Rolling Fireball (The Longer you charge up the fireball by holding down+B The Stronger It Gets, and it will keep getting stronger until someone interupts the charging process, if the process is interupted the fire ball will backfire and send the user flying out of the ring.)
Galvanic can you give me proof that they replaced Kirbys Burning Ability? I really liked that move.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Hey let me take a few cracks at it, What if Kirby absorbed a beam rifle and afterwards picked up a beam rifle item while in Beam Form? I'm guessing he'll be able to take doubleshots just like in Halo 2 and 3, Or if Kirby absorbed a bunny Hood and picked up a bunny hood he would gain the ability to tele-port all over the place in an item fusion-like fashion? One more wild possibility That im thinking of is what if Kirby gained his item synthesis ability from kirby 64 or SS and can fuse character abilitys with one another to make a whole new one, for example:
DK+Yoshi= Long Punch/Grab
Megaman+Samus=Super Cannon
Mario+Sonic=Rolling Fireball (The Longer you charge up the fireball by holding down+B The Stronger It Gets, and it will keep getting stronger until someone interupts the charging process, if the process is interupted the fire ball will backfire and send the user flying out of the ring.)
Galvanic can you give me proof that they replaced Kirbys Burning Ability? I really liked that move.
The game is called Super Smash Brother Brawl and not Super Kirby Super Star Brawl

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
The game is called Super Smash Brother Brawl and not Super Kirby Super Star Brawl
Understood however you are forgeting that sakurai, the creator of Kirby, is leading the development behind this game with "Full Creational Control", so if he wants the game to be "Super Kirby Super Star Brawl" Than it very well can and will be done so why not leave kirby with a bit of good will and popularity in his Final Smash?

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
It would be awesome if he did, though yeah he would be broken. Sucking up Starman would mean... Super Kriby! O.O! That'd be pointless. :D But it'd be awesome.

Top Bottom