• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i have trouble whit a cpu lv9 in a head to head matches?

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
Does i am very poor at this game or what.
I lose 4 live out of 5 in a 1 vs 1 agaisnt a cpu lv 9.
the only thing i can do properly is short hop, crounch cancel, fast fall, wavedash to egdehog sometime, dash cancel and Spiking.

Does i am really poor or it is just because the cpu know all?

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
No, i am not joking at all,.
I am fully serious, and i dont care how bad my english is. all my word are in the dictionnary.

I dont understand why i am losing to a stupid cpu lv 9.

Just what is wrong whit me and my matches?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
you should be able to beat a level 9, but being able to doesn't make you good. that being said, don't waste your time playing against level 9 comps. it will cause you to get destroyed by live competition.

OneOutOfManyMore

Smash Rookie
Yes Yugi, this does mean you need to improve but dont get to demorilzed by it. The lvl 9 comps can do some things that youwill never see a real person do, namely powershield consistantly.

If you really want to get better at the game, I would advise finding some people to play against. Get some of your friends into smash bros, or look for a community where you live. If you dont care much about being mazing though and just want to beat the lvl 9, I would adivse just to keep playing. You will start to spot all of the comp's patterns eventually and learn to exploit them. It wont make you any better at playing against people, but it will beat the comp.

As techniqes to beat the comp, I would advise learning how to shffl, or at least L-cancel. This is pretty useful as almost every character and helps so you dont get punished when the comp powershields you.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
yugi dont worry about the level 9's. but if u really want to beat a level 9 then u cant just rush at them. u have to wait for them to come to u because they can powershield perfectly. They spam grabs and are very precise in timing.

i prefer just playing other human players. find people that are better than you and keep playing them, u will get better.
If ur still concerned about level 9's just keep playin them untill u can beat them easy. im not saying its going to get u better.

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
Quebec is not a really good place for Super smash bros melee community.
And what a fun thing, i can beat three or five computer lv 9 and i have lost agaisn't 1 computer lv 1. OMG.

The last i played the a friend i was always winning by 1 or 2 lives. is it normal for me to lose to some who always abuse smash, charge them fully, just stand aroung and abuse DK ground pound, do not know how to wavedash, L-cancel, Suffle and shield grab even after i told her how to do?

Or, does i am losing to cpu lv 1 because i have not the right to win. I dont only want to beat the cpu, just want to be good. I know all the advenced stuff.
Wavesdash, C-sticking, L-cancel, Shield Grab, Dash cancel, Jump cancel , Wall jump, Teching and blablablabla. but i do nothing in play.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Here's a few tips against coms:
- Several characters can be tricked into to suiciding off the ledge (C.Falcon, Ganondorf, Roy etc.)
-anytime you shield near your opponent, they will try to grab you. Another words, you can shield and roll away from their grab and punish them.
-they can powershield perfectly almost every time, so you may want to cut out projectiles a whole lot

trademark0013

Smash Champion
its possbile. comps timing is mostly perfect. when u play a lvl 9 comp, ur better off not using many advanced tactics and playing the game rolling a lot. the comp also does things no one would (upB falcon, upB fox in opposite direction)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Level 9 CPU's are cheap. Don't feel bad if you do lose to them.
I suggest practicing inside training mode or find more people to play with.

arblast

Smash Rookie
its not that hard to beat them, in the beginning, if the CPU has projectiles, they start spamming them, so you should shield. and the CPU also reflects any projectiles and power shields most attacks that the humans cant. Sheik's needle is sort of invisible on most dark stages, yet the CPU manages to shield them all. Dont practice with a CPU unless you really have to, since the CPU will mess up your skills. They make every projectiles useless, such as the SHL if you're falco, cause they reflect almost every one of them. CPUs are unlimited in terms of timing, but they are also limited to the way they are programed. if you wait for the CPU to do something stupid, you should be able to start up a combo easily. One more thing, the CPU never learns, they fall for stupid things. they dont know if you're charging some attack like roy's flame blade, or Marth's shield breaker, they just come towards you.

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
and here i tought that lv 9 were really bad. but to be honest, i really like the Mewtwo cpu and Ganondorf from event 51, they shield Fox laser up to death, reflecting no one of them. Gigabowser really use his shield or his fortress only his flame. But at cpum lv 9 Link is better then my friend Alex in all way. He use only c-stick and play whit sheik.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
you shouldn't be doing anything against the comp other than practicing your techs and even then you shouldn't practice against a 9. use like a 1 or 2.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Oh that's a sad story. But my best tip to you is: get a friend who is as skilled as you are and smash with him/her every day.

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
I am not in Montreal, i live in Sherbrooke. I have like 3 friends, 2 of them play smash but not a lot, i play the game whit them when i can, but i can't always.
anyone have tips except egdehog. I main everyone.

A little list of my competance... my skills..

Wavedash- I really dont wavedash often, I wavedash mainly to get the edge or to dogde.
L-cancel_ that something that i can't do at all. I give it all my tries.
Short hop- sometimes i miss whit Fox, Ice climber, sheik and Samus.
Fast fall- I do it randomly....
Shieldgrab- I main this techniques, cause of this, this is 1 of the three techniques that make me won tourney at school agaisn't nooby
Egde hog, the second technique- i really love it, its so easy
Edge Guard.While the other is recovering i do many thing that i would never do. Taunt the opponent 7 times, Ganondorf Warlock punch et u-tilt, Falco punch and fulle charged forward smashes... sometimes i just kirbycide.
Moon walk- How the hell can i do it. how Yoshi, Bowser, Link, Young Link, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Kirby, Zelda, Samus, Peach, C.Falcon does to Moonwalk?
The last thing i can do is Air catching.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.... Maybe you are using the wrong character but you're supposed to practice on like level 1s though so you can learn combos and attacks. Real people differ from cpus.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
This thread made me lawl.

That being said. Challenge a Roy in Jungle Japes. Just run to one of the platforms(or is it just the right one?), then wait for it.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Okay to beat cpu, pick marth and fsmash spam, or pick peach and dsmash spam, or pick link and up-b spam. Or pick fox and go to final destination, and shoot the cpu until its' sheild breaks then run up to it and usmash FTW.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
don't waste your time strategizing how to beat cpu's.

i suggest you pick one character and learn how to shffl (shorthop, fastfall, and lcancel) w/that character. it's better to be very good w/one character than to just be ok w/a bunch of characters.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
i Main everyone.
Lol, he said it twice. No one mains everyone. Well, no one wins tourneys with everyone. Just pick one or two characters and really dig deep into how they should be played. We have character specific boards for a reason. If you don't know who you'd like to main, pick Fox.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when people make fun of people who don't know English that good, especailly when they're from somewhere that it's not the main language. At least he is trying. All he is doing is asking for advice, and at least he capitalizes, unlike some.

Anyways, humans take more skill to beat. For CPUs, you just have to find ways to abuse there repetitiveness and weaknesses. For example, pick Samus, against a lvl 9 Bowser on FD and just smash-missile and charge shot spam. It's very easy to win without taking a hit. Just find little tricks like these to win.

If you wanna learn how to beat competitive humans, I suggest you don't play a CPU over level 4. I usually just play a lvl 1 or 2, for combo practive. Playing anything high usually will hurt you game more than help.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
I hate it when people make fun of people who don't know English that good, especailly when they're from somewhere that it's not the main language. At least he is trying. All he is doing is asking for advice, and at least he capitalizes, unlike some.
Not that I was making fun of him, nor am I defending those who would, but doesn't Quebec speak both English and French? If both are official languages, I think he knows enough English to get the message across, but it is a bit convoluted.

He's kinda being an *******, though. I can feel it, through the Internets~.

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
Quebec main langagues is French, and canada is English.....

Now , after a fight whit friend, i really think my SSBM skill suck, She just stay there and abuse smash and dash attack whit Pikachu And i got trouble whuit that, i tought pika's dash attack was not that good, but the most inssulting part is charging smash abuse. She does no mindgame at all.

For the characters i dont know which one pick, So i tries the pick the most possible. My best is Yoshi. I also use every body else but i use more Yoshi.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
hey yugi u live in quebec? cuz my friend lives there too! lol

but yea it seems that u play aggresively. dont keep running at ur opponent trying to attack him or her because they will soon catch on to this. u have to trick them in doing a move and take advantage of it. my brother was like that, he kept using down b and ledgehop fairs all the time with luigi. then i realized that i needed to play more defensively. like watching wat my opponent will probably do next.

and also, not many girls play smash seriously. if u start to beat them all the time, they will get mad and quit on u.

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
I love the debug menu, my action had gived me. from i always used the debug menu, 6 players codes and the status mode codes, i also love to play 6 Gigabowser free for all. on FDit is crazier on battle whit all item.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
I think you just get too hasty trying to attack your opponent before the charged smash comes out. Her pikachu had a mindgame, which was to stand and hit you whenever you came at her, lol. If you like being aggressive, try running towards your opponent and then wavedashing back . (make it so it looks like you're going to dash attack.) Then react to whatever your opponent does. Grabbing would be ideal, cause then you can try to combo from there. Another way to go is to run at them and then block or sidestep. (cause they'll try to smash you). It'll probably work the first couple of times until they catch on.

Top Bottom