• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have problems "chasing" people

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I play this guy online who is always DK. And he always runs far away to charge his Donkey Punch. And as Bowser, I have a hard time getting to him. And then he keeps running, peppering me with damage and keeps running even more until he can land a perfect Donkey Punch.
In short, how do I fight Cowards that I can't outrun?

Buuman

Smash Ace
Lmao..Donkey punch made me laugh wicked hard xD..*catches breathe*
Fire breath is a good distractor. Try klawing him too, spacing is also key

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Donkey Punch = epic

But yeah, try to fake him out and catch him in the fire. Jump toward him, then away with the 2nd jump just to mess with his head. See if you can't get him to 2nd guess himself.

Villi

Smash Lord
Try to force him into a corner. You should be able to breath fire from farther away than he can roll, and you can recharge it by doing tilt attacks. It should at least get him scared.

If he rolls all the way to the edge, you might find opportunities to beat him to it and punish him with a smash. You should be familiar with his rolling distance. Figure out his pattern and trick him onto rolling into your attacks. You should be able to get him to critical by the time he's rolled himself into your traps.

Also, I'm pretty sure Bowser isn't too slow to catch someone who's rolling away. It's sort of 50/50 but if you keep running for an extra second and he makes the mistake of rolling backward again, you should be able to catch him in his rolling lag.

Sliq

Smash Master
Stand just out of range and force him to make the first move. This is what you should be doing anyways.

Meat Truck

Smash Cadet
The easiest 3 step guide to getting around people who run is as follows.

Step 1: Pick Snake
Step 2: _________
Step 3: Celebrate your victory!

Beo

Smash Apprentice
The easiest 3 step guide to getting around people who run is as follows.

Step 1: Pick Snake
Step 2: _________
Step 3: Celebrate your victory!
1. Pick Snake
2. Red Camo
3. Throw Grenades
4. F Tilt
5. ??????
6. PROFIT!

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
depending on the character he's using you can also chase with infinity jump. Fair is a good move to catch players who are roll spamming and of course down-smash. Firebreath works wonders as well.

I mostly just need Firebreath and Fair when chasing a roll spammer.

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
I had the same problem. Go figure. Took me a couple of weeks to come up with a solution.

I would say to use a Short Hop + FAir for knockback, Short Hop + B for interruption, a Reverse Aerial Rush for surprising range, or a Short Hop + B Forward for a grab. Once I started mixing up my game, the guy started having problems. Also, because the Air Dodge no longer leaves you flailing in midair, I usually use an Air Dodge to move forward while dodging his Forward Smash or Giant Punch and then wallop him with an FAir right after coming out of it.

In other words, be unpredictable.

You can't go wrong with Whirling Fortress either, whether in the air or sliding on the ground.

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey, yeah i play a dk who plays EXACTLY the same irritating coward way, i wonder if your playing my friend lol. but anyways, dont approach him, play his game til he gets sick of it and approaches you, thats what i do. do a lot of SH Fair and SH airdodges till he messes up and smash him with some tilts or firebreath. yeah its annoying playing a coward i know.

bLeAkWuN

Smash Cadet
u can get across the stag quick with infinite jump fair....FF it when u get closed in or change it to FireBreathe..

Top Bottom