• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have declined joining the Ganon is the best character in melee social group 3 times

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Actually it's a blue hexagon. Less Edges, less frames.

If you're having problems against Link with Ganondorf in melee it's time to start reevaluating your strategy.
The projectiles are what give me an issue. I dodge the boomerang, I attempt to Powershield the arrows, but Bombs annoy me. I can't get in in order to attack. When I do get in, I get punished because I can't attack fast enough. Too many projectiles = no openings.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Link vs Ganon is only slightly in Ganon's favor, but once you get in you should have it. 1 grab = link has 100% and is probably offstage. Just do your best to shield/jump over projectiles.

lol xif

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
You are an idiot.
...Wow, flat-out insulting me because I could never find an opening in any Link player's projectiles? I thought you were smarter.

Link vs Ganon is only slightly in Ganon's favor, but once you get in you should have it. 1 grab = link has 100% and is probably offstage. Just do your best to shield/jump over projectiles.

lol xif
I usually try to spotdodge or Powershield the Boomerang and Arrows. But I know what you mean about the grab. The bombs are what mess me up the worst, though.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
...Wow, flat-out insulting me because I could never find an opening in any Link player's projectiles? I thought you were smarter.
Actually no, I thought you were smarter. If you can't figure out how to get in on Link (not very hard at all) and if you can't figure out how to stay on top of him (with Ganon, Link is basically at a lost stock the second Ganon is on top of him), then I will flat out insult you.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Actually no, I thought you were smarter. If you can't figure out how to get in on Link (not very hard at all) and if you can't figure out how to stay on top of him (with Ganon, Link is basically at a lost stock the second Ganon is on top of him), then I will flat out insult you.
...wow. Because I happen to have problems against Link players? All I was saying was that I can't get in on him, because all the Link players I've gone up against have used projectiles in a way that I can't get close. I'm not very good at Melee, not to mention that the few Link players I've played were most likely MUCH better than I am.

I have problems against Link. So?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also Nihongo, you can fair/bair/ftilt boomerangs and reverse uair is a great edgeguard on him.

but yeah, L2dthrowdthrowdthrowdthrowdthrowdthrowdthrow

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Also Nihongo, you can fair/bair/ftilt boomerangs and reverse uair is a great edgeguard on him.

but yeah, L2dthrowdthrowdthrowdthrowdthrowdthrowdthrow
Reverse uair? Never thought of that. I'll try that, though.

Everyone has their bad matchups. Mine just happens to be Link.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
btw... does anyone know who Ganon Dorf on facebook is? Rayku and I think it's someone from North Carolina, but we don't know for sure.
To my knowledge, the creator of the facebook account is the real Ganondorf. I don't see why it's so hard to believe.. Check his info, looks pretty legit. That being said I doubt he has anything to do with North Carolina being that Hyrule is in an alternate universe.

Rayku

Smash Lord
To my knowledge, the creator of the facebook account is the real Ganondorf. I don't see why it's so hard to believe.. Check his info, looks pretty legit. That being said I doubt he has anything to do with North Carolina being that Hyrule is in an alternate universe.
Oh how right you are, my friend! How could we have been so foolish as to doubt the Dark Lord.

How foolish indeed.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
**** you're right. What was I thinking. I even talked to this guy on facebook chat and he was the real deal.

Top Bottom