• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a question...

Kuromie

Smash Rookie
would you recommend using the c-stick for tilts? Because i find it hard to do a normal up-tilt when im in a hurry. (i used to having the smash on c-stick so i might need some time to get used to it)

Luthien

Smash Ace
I would reccomend keeping the c-stick for smashes. Tilts should not be used in a hurry, except for dtilt (and even then, it should be planned). Because of the dsmash's already awesome speed, using the c-stick for it makes it even faster (I often hold it down by accident without the c-stick). Also, you should use the c-stick to hyphen-dash (run + usmash = total win).

So yeah, plan your tilts. The aren't the kind of moves that you should just throw out there in the middle of battle. That's what Dsmash, Usmash, and Din's Fire are for. :]

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I strongly disagree.
Luthien's opinion holds more weight than mine does, because she's (he?) been here longer, and probably plays more than i do.

I use my c-stick for tilts, and it has been nothing but good for me. In light of the fact that up smash and forward smash are both DI escapeable, i think i'm building good habits. I can still smash when i want to, but i smash way less than i tilt.
Utilt functions very very much like a smash attack, really don't think it "has to be planned".
Ftilt, yeah, probably oughtta be planned.
Dtilt is really good to use on the spot, you can trip people at a moment's notice.

All this said, I completely concede the point that DSmash is very useful on the c-stick. You use it in the most spontaneous of times, and it would be nice if mine was a little quicker. But i wouldn't give up my sticked Utilts for the world.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I strongly disagree.
Luthien's opinion holds more weight than mine does, because she's (he?) been here longer, and probably plays more than i do.
:laugh: My reply to this is "Hardly" on so many levels. I hardly play at all outside of when Spazn, Hippy, and Drake are online via wifi, and my join date isn't the most impressive either. My opinion harldy holds any weight. And on a side note, I'm male.

Utilt functions very very much like a smash attack, really don't think it "has to be planned".
Yeah, utilt is nice. But I prefer to use up smash with the c-stick for hyphen-dashing; you slide way farther with it. Also, I still see utilt as kind of punishable; not that usamsh isn't, but I have yet to shake the Melee utilt instincts. I need to work on that.

Ftilt, yeah, probably oughtta be planned.
Nice to see we agree about this. However, it's not like anyone uses the c-stick for fsmashes anyway.

Dtilt is really good to use on the spot, you can trip people at a moment's notice.
Still, I find the dsmash far more reliable. As amazing as dtilt is, I've had Spazn roll out of it after the second use a few too many times for me to want to take a risk like that. It's great when you can pull it off, but I don't like to take chances. Dsmash gets the opponent away, every time.

All this said, I completely concede the point that DSmash is very useful on the c-stick. You use it in the most spontaneous of times, and it would be nice if mine was a little quicker. But i wouldn't give up my sticked Utilts for the world.
I have next to no problem with my utilts, so I really don't feel the need to sacrifice hypen-dashing and jamming down on the c-stick frantically to get the enemy away during periods of horrid lag. But yeah, your opinion is just as valuable as mine, as anyone who's played me can tell you, all I do is spam. I might consider trying out the c-stick tilt idea, considering it seems to do you some good.

Top Bottom