• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a Peach videos for you guys =)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Great video there Smiley :) I agree - retreating Floating Fairs is probably going to be the best way to go about spacing those Fairs this time around. Did you give any of her Turnip related techs a shot?

I swear F Tilt's range has been nerfed. One thing I have been wondering - what happens if you try performing a pivot Turnip Pull?

It was very tricky to see but I think Peach still does that thing where, if you perform Fair whilst floating and then release the Float halfway through the animation, her body shifts forward.

The video was really nice btw! :) Out of interest, what do you use to record the footage?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Great video there Smiley :) I agree - retreating Floating Fairs is probably going to be the best way to go about spacing those Fairs this time around. Did you give any of her Turnip related techs a shot?

I swear F Tilt's range has been nerfed. One thing I have been wondering - what happens if you try performing a pivot Turnip Pull?

It was very tricky to see but I think Peach still does that thing where, if you perform Fair whilst floating and then release the Float halfway through the animation, her body shifts forward.

The video was really nice btw! :) Out of interest, what do you use to record the footage?
All I tried was Glidetossing which is out. I never mastered Bonepulling in brawl so i didn't even try that. Ftilt feels the same but it's possible, This analysis as you saw is very informal, i didn't check frames or anything.

I just tried the fair thing you said, It seems like all thats happening is her carrying the momentum from the float, it's hard to check with no cstick, however, I did it one time and i fell straight downward with no noticeable forward momentum so i dunno, it diesnt seem like there's a shift.

I tried Pivot turnip as well. nothing unexpected happens, she turns and pulls a turnip at the same time.

As for recording. I have a Katsukity streaming 3ds (it's a normal ice white japanese 3ds hard modded with a capture board and a USB slot for recording.) I have that and the software that comes with it for outputting the video on my sony tv/monitor. then i hook up my elgato capture card to the TV and use the bundled 'Game Capture HD' program to record. I also have a Canon Vixia camcorder that i use to record myself and the audio (Although with the mic attached to the camcorder it's mono I guess which is why with headphones my vid only sound clear on the left side (sorry about that)

I then do some slight editing on Sony Vegas to make it look more professional, still learning a lot though

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@smiley : Thank you so much for this vid! It contains a lot of great informations! I believe all Peach mains should watch it. Keep up the good work! =)

Only thing I'm sad about is that you did not explore the rest of her throws.

Also... Thank you so much for testing Peach Blossom! Did you see that, @ M Meru. ? Airbone opponents WILL fall asleep. This could balance the nerfs this Final Smash got. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHXeZhYTSg&t=28m43s

Finally, I do have a request : Could you please show all of Peach's custom moves and to tell your opinions about them? Thank you in advance!

P.S. Liked and subscribed. ^^

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah. I gotta get them first. I've barely had an opportunity to play around in smash run or really ANY single player modes. Ive been wanting to but im so far behind in playtime compared to my friends and time i spend goes to getting better at the game. I'll try to though, I'm curious myself about custom moves. I'll be doing a mini video showing her throws. My fault, I should have made a checklist for that.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
More videos are always appreciated; thank you for your effort. What was that at about 18:02 of your vid Smiley? I've never seen it before. It looked like she went into some kind of tumble animation off the ledge but it also looks kind of like an attack... Does it have a hitbox?

@smiley :
Also... Thank you so much for testing Peach Blossom! Did you see that, @ M Meru. ? Airbone opponents WILL fall asleep. This could balance the nerfs this Final Smash got. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHXeZhYTSg&t=28m43s
Intuition is telling me characters in range of the lights close to Peach would be the ones to suffer that effect if it does exist. They probably all serve the purpose of indicating damage range (main spotlight 30 percent, lights descending from the sky, 20 percent).
From the look of it I'm not seeing any difference between the hit from a distance and the hit up close. Could it be tested on a human player to verify that they really are forced to the ground? Or maybe an off stage cpu to see if they drop like a stone xP

Last edited:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Nope, i discovered that last night too. When you fast fall off the ledge all the characters do that. I don't THINK it has a hitbox. Just cool visual flair i think.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Thanks a lot for the vid, very insightful. Yeah, compared to many other boards we have been able to collect quite a lot of information already thanks to all the footage we have been given!

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
NEW MATCHES. NEW PEACH VIDEOS.

Peach vs Greninja

Comments :
- Quite a few Jump cancel throws are performed in this video! Those are not Glide tosses!

Peach vs Marth

Comments :
- Poor Marth... He looks so much worse than Melee / Brawl. Peach should have won easily.
- Peach's air dodge is amazing!
- Toad demonstration! Such knockback!

Peach vs Mario

Comments :
- Forward tilt to forward aerial combo is a thing!
- Up aerial has a lot of potential for juggling.
- Rolls are great!

adabana

Smash Rookie
The new up air is better in my opinion, since the previous one was pretty difficult to land sometimes with its small hit box. And rainbows.

Spatman

Smash Ace
good videos! Peach is interesting for me, for smash four (so many [fɔːr] ! .-. )

Last edited:
Top Bottom