• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a dilemma... its not exactly bad, but...

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
To all of the people responding with 'Well it depends on your morality and sex is bad and you might make baby angels cry and...' -- the man isn't having a moral dilemma.

He didn't say that he was debating the importance of his chastity. He asked which was better: Smash or sex. I have had plenty of both lately, and I'm gonna have to say sex. By a longshot. Hell the fact that it is potentially 'only' a one-night stand makes the deal even sweeter. He's then guaranteed time to use the old "Yeah that was nice... but I have an appointment today..." and go have himself some Denny's and play Brawl in the morning.

Moreover, to the yay virgin camp - there's nothing wrong with wanting your first time to be with someone special. I suppose that's commendable, especially with kids these days doing it befor ethey even have their adult bits. However, if you wait too long to have sex, you're dealing with two very real problems later on. One would be repression causing all sorts of psychological issues (you'll end up being into some bizarre ****, no doubt.)

Two is the fact that you may marry a girl, ride off into the sunset for your honeymoon, and then when you finally do sleep together, you find that there is no sexual chemistry to be had. Then what?

Cupie doll stares and ****** kisses are all fun in the land of rubbing knees and holding hands, but what if you finally do make things a little more X-rated and you're both terrible at it? Or you're a premature ejaculator? Or she has a terribly odorous patch? Have fun sorting that out and subsequently adding to the nearly 60% modern divorce rate.

So... yeah. No. It's not that avoiding pre-marital sex has lost it's "value" - it's just that society is no longer ignorant to it's detriments. Think smoking in the 50's versus smoking today. If you want to do it still, then great - your call, chief. But a lot of people know at least a few very good reasons why it's just not bright.
OH NOZ, SEX ISN'T LIKE THE MOVIES! IT HAS PROBLEMS TOO!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously, if your whole marital relationship comes tumbling down because you're awkward at sex (of course you will be bad at it for awhile, you will get better with practice just like anything else!), one or two medical problems (I know people married to people in wheelchairs and other *permanent, uncurable* problems)... if that somehow kills the marriage, the two people who got married were clueless about what marriage is in the first place!

People emphasis sex so much now that they forget that marriage is a relationship, with another person, in which two people must love each other sacrificially. Sex certainly has an important role in marriage, but seriously. I don't see any of those problems you listed as something which everyone has to say "I don't love you any more because of this." Real love is deeper than that, man.... do parents throw their kids with downs syndrome in the trash bin because they suddenly can't love them?

Jeez, it's freakin' late. Stupid daylight savings...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I had chosen to not even pick up the game to just talk to a girl.. I'm pretty sure you know what to do..

-Onyx

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet

Seriously, if your whole marital relationship comes tumbling down because you're awkward at sex (of course you will be bad at it for awhile, you will get better with practice just like anything else!), one or two medical problems (I know people married to people in wheelchairs and other *permanent, uncurable* problems)... if that somehow kills the marriage, the two people who got married were clueless about what marriage is in the first place!

People emphasis sex so much now that they forget that marriage is a relationship, with another person, in which two people must love each other sacrificially. Sex certainly has an important role in marriage, but seriously. I don't see any of those problems you listed as something which everyone has to say "I don't love you any more because of this." Real love is deeper than that, man.... do parents throw their kids with downs syndrome in the trash bin because they suddenly can't love them?

A New Challenger's post was hilarious, but I can agree with some of what you're saying.

Sex certainly can be a deal breaker though, especially if it's very important to one person, and not to another (mainly because of people's different libido's, and of course that's natural-- this can even change as the relationship/marriage goes on).

Sure, if you're in a relationship with someone long enough to have sex, you would hope you would be able to assess eachother's libido, and whether it's going to be a problem through dialogue, but you can't always.

Likewise, if you're waiting for marriage to have sex, often times you'll end up being all to eager to get married (read: have sex). If you don't give the relationship adequate time before getting married (and often times if you're in a relationship and not having sex, it also means you're not living together, a huge change in dynamics) then you're a likely candidate for divorce.

As for the answer to the question, it depends on if this oppurtunity for 'snoo snoo' will be there in the future. Brawl certainly will be, but if she will as well, then...

The prospect of a one-nighter is pretty exciting. Myself, I've been in my current relationship for 1 and a half years- the prospect of sex is still exciting, but so is Brawl (which I've been waiting 7 years for). That being said, I could see myself abstaining on the day Brawl was released.

Oh, and for those who would abstain for 'moral' reasons, don't call it good morality. It's your religious devotion, your devotion to your mythology, not some sort of objective morality.

How immoral of me to tolerate homosexuals, or work on the Sabbath, or eat pork, or not offer Figs to the Great Juju of the Volcano!

Did you know that premature ejaculation is grounds for divorce?

What you may consider trivial somebody else may consider marriage-ruining.

Lag

Smash Journeyman
"Giggity Giggity Goooo!"

Go for the girl, then after you have sex, play Brawl or even ask her to play with you.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Everyone that sed go for brawl is GAY.
wut the hell!?
i meen i understand its..
(puts on sexy voice) Brawwl
but still. french!?!?!girl???!?!
Pshhh
No brainer.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Bah, Spanish girls are hotter than French girls.

Anyway, go for brawl and tell her that you can't tonite. DON'T SAY IT'S BECAUSE OF A VIDEOGAME (use your imagination if she asks why). But that way she will wish even more to get you for a "snoo snoo" night.

Top Bottom