• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a couple Qs for "Reverse Boost Pivot Grabbing" aswell.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know, everyone has one.
So, when unleashing the input Dash>Opposite Direct.+CsDown+Z does Falco let out his grunt as soon as it is done correctly? I get the same sliding effect when i simply run, then pivot grab. I'm not sure which way is correct.
I Saw SK92's videos and i think i hear Falco doing his Dash Attack grunt, but I am not sure as to which works since both ways give me the cool looking sliding grab.

Please explain.

(Searching won't help much since the technique isn't mentioned much around here.)

Oh and my brother was also able to pull off the slide with Fox...does every character have the slide effect?

J4pu

Smash Champion
You get the slide without the dash attack? WTFHAX!
I do the dash attack before I press switch directions with the analog stick if that changes anything.
I've never been able to do the sliding without inputting a dash attack, not that I've really tried much.
Many characters can do the slide i believe, the original thread was actually just bumped in the brawl tactical section recently, should still be on the first page if you want to look there.
Only characters i specifically remember seeing doing the sliding reverse grab are falco, fox and MK.
Of course the sliding grab is mainly awesome for falco because it allows him to change direction with the CG, not something any other characters can do.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I see. And yeah I found that I could do it without the big button pressing after my bro did it easily with Fox. I attempted it with Falco and was all WTFZRZ aswell. I will now go check that thread you wrote about. Thanks btw.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Yeah, you can do it without dashing/-attack.

I've already mastered it, but occasionaly mess up every once in awhile. Not that hard, but I never bothered to listen to what noises he makes.

Its basically like the DLX combo, except your hitting the Joy stick opposite direction forward and Z at the same time. Basically the same way a boost smash works, except different buttons.

I'll try it out tomorrow maybe. Can't gurantee it, and see if he makes a sound or not.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Well today i was having some friendlies againt a friend and the grab really helped.
Chained him from the left of FD twice facing right then did the switcharoo and proceeded. He broke off after the reverse but i regrabbed his Snake and continued. Double Spike for the last stock = Sex.

It actually comes in handy, its just doing a Pivot grab basically.

Top Bottom