• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate myself so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I want to like the radical redesign, I really do. I’ve tried so hard. But I just can’t. The more I look at it, the more wrong it looks. It’s straight up killing this game for me. And I hate myself because it’s such a small, juvenile detail. I love Samus and I love this series and I can’t stop thinking about it. I don’t know what to do.

ChozoRidley

Smash Rookie
Do you mean the render or the in-game model?

The render looks fine to me, but I agree the in-game model at the moment doesn't look right. Her face in particular is so blank and expressionless compared with the old look.

But it's possible the in-game model will be improved between now and the game's release. ZSS has barely shown up in any footage or screenshots of the game yet, which could be because they are still putting the finishing touches to the character model.

She is also one of the few characters who have not had any alternate costumes or colours shown off in screenshots or gameplay footage, which could also be be a sign they haven't finalised her look yet.

That's the optimistic view, but on the flipside it could be that they got some complaints about her in the last game, and have changed her design in Smash Ultimate in response to that.

But I guess nobody will know for sure until the game comes out in December or when they release more screenshots and gameplay footage closer to release.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Do you mean the render or the in-game model?

The render looks fine to me, but I agree the in-game model at the moment doesn't look right. Her face in particular is so blank and expressionless compared with the old look.

But it's possible the in-game model will be improved between now and the game's release. ZSS has barely shown up in any footage or screenshots of the game yet, which could be because they are still putting the finishing touches to the character model.

She is also one of the few characters who have not had any alternate costumes or colours shown off in screenshots or gameplay footage, which could also be be a sign they haven't finalised her look yet.

That's the optimistic view, but on the flipside it could be that they got some complaints about her in the last game, and have changed her design in Smash Ultimate in response to that.

But I guess nobody will know for sure until the game comes out in December or when they release more screenshots and gameplay footage closer to release.
It could be the poses but the render looks about the same size up top as the SSB4 render. I know it’s stupid but it just throws off the whole outline for me. I’ve already been called a pervert elsewhere but it’s more complicated than that. It’s just jarring to see nothing where you’re used to seeing something. Not that I expect anyone to believe me. :(

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This sort of topic doesn’t really need to be a thread. You are free to discuss this matter in the ZSS discussion thread. Do keep in mind not to cross the line from “sort of creepy” to “total creepy” when discussing Zero Suit Samus and her recent design. Some matters relating to this is considered inappropriate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom