• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate almost all of the Samus users on FG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Most of them spam the projectiles and roll, ALOT
I really want to see a good Samus user instead of a Spamus...
couldn't find the social thread btw.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing out there that samus roll is terrible and is pretty easy to punish. Also, stop getting hit by the projectiles.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Just throwing out there that samus roll is terrible and is pretty easy to punish. Also, stop getting hit by the projectiles.
I can beat these kinds of Samus users, but It takes awhile(that's the complaint), where im going at is that we need better Samus users who don't replicate the same "tactic" as most of them do on FG.

Last edited:

CyranoNester

Smash Rookie
I can beat these kinds of Samus users, but It takes awhile(that's the complaint), where im going at is that we need better Samus users who don't replicate the same "tactic" as most of them do on FG.
Well, there's some of us that don't play like that

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
Really. Even when they abuse it they beat me. There's so much projectiles coming at me that I can't move. And if i did they'll use the charged shot.
Samus really isn't a good spam character. It's just punishing if you get hit with CS, or maybe a heavy missile.

Can only shoot 1 heavy missile at a time, then little missiles aren't really that bad. Everything except CS is slow enough to spot dodge / shield / jump over. And even CS if you know that it's coming. Just avoid the stuff, dodge the cs, then attack before she can get her charge up again. Walk and shield. Walk and shield. Just be ready for the roll / fsmash / dash attack / tether grab when you get close.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Well I'd imagine most of the Samus users interested enough in Smash to be on this board aren't the ones spamming, nor do we have control over what people do on For Glory, so I'm not really sure what this thread hopes to achieve, especially seeing as you said you don't even struggle to beat it.

And if anyone is struggling then basically what Fluidityt said, Samus's projectiles aside from Homing Missile (which isn't very threatening) are all incredibly laggy. If you're struggling, then fast rush down characters like Falcon/Sheik/ZSS give Samus virtually no time or space to even bring out her missiles, so you can have a very physically intensive battle free of spamming.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
You should feel lucky if you play against a Samus like that because her roll is one of the slowest in the game and pretty easy to read. I don't use rolls often, full hop Bomb drop and bait falling left or right is what I do in situations where others use roll. Or spot dodge.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I played a Samus today. They got bodied by my Ganondorf. Roll spamming Samus players just require you to read their rolls and punish. If I can body a FG Samus with my Ganondorf, you can body one with your mains. XD

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I played a Samus today. They got bodied by my Ganondorf. Roll spamming Samus players just require you to read their rolls and punish. If I can body a FG Samus with my Ganondorf, you can body one with your mains. XD
My main is a Sonic, but imagine a Samus in very horrible lag and the player just keeps spamming projectiles, and when you try and read there rolls, you will go the opposite direction since the lag is causing you to not grab them right, like I run up to them, it starts to lag, they roll behind me, I try and turn around and pivot grab them, I accidentally grab instead of a pivot grab.

also, I found out that Sonic can use his spindash to roll under Fox and Falco's lasers, it worked on me before, but now I see people that cant.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
My main is a Sonic, but imagine a Samus in very horrible lag and the player just keeps spamming projectiles, and when you try and read there rolls, you will go the opposite direction since the lag is causing you to not grab them right, like I run up to them, it starts to lag, they roll behind me, I try and turn around and pivot grab them, I accidentally grab instead of a pivot grab.
Then use a side smash. It's a perfect read. Walk up to them, and when they roll behind you, side smash. A dash attack in that direction will work too if your side smash doesn't reach. Samus' roll is easier to punish than most bc of its slowness. Take advantage of that.

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7

also, I found out that Sonic can use his spindash to roll under Fox and Falco's lasers, it worked on me before, but now I see people that cant.

Whenever I get a seriously laggy match, I just jump off and find requeue. If someone is being extremely spammy and I'm not in the mood, I'll just hang off the edge. I've tried spamming back, but really, samus can't spam very well. She can only spam homing missile and uncharged shot which are both pretty slow, so I lose spam battles pretty quickly (luigi, link, pikachu)

Samus does have a very slow, but very FAR MOVING roll. You have to know where she is going to land. I use roll quite a bit, but its usually in response to an attack, so there can't really be a punish afterwards. (This is because samus' attacks are slow and so half the time can't get a shield grab or even a jab to punish the faster characters)

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Whenever I get a seriously laggy match, I just jump off and find requeue. If someone is being extremely spammy and I'm not in the mood, I'll just hang off the edge. I've tried spamming back, but really, samus can't spam very well. She can only spam homing missile and uncharged shot which are both pretty slow, so I lose spam battles pretty quickly (luigi, link, pikachu)
I never leave a battle, unless its someone rekting me, but if its a spammer, I think like "This guy needs to get rekt now because he think's spamming is a tactic" and most of those users who spam, I think of them like that, like spindash sonic spammers against my MK, which is a very hard matchup for MK, and other characters like Lucario, even though I use him lol

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
samus's roll is an easy punish if used both predictably and stupidly. other than that its a reliable option.

the big issue with people online is that they assume that since samus has 2 range projectiles= ranged character. NO!. Samus is very much a close combat character with projectile pressure. Missiles are only 2 be used from a distance or 2 stuff an oponent landing.

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
samus's roll is an easy punish if used both predictably and stupidly. other than that its a reliable option.

the big issue with people online is that they assume that since samus has 2 range projectiles= ranged character. NO!. Samus is very much a close combat character with projectile pressure. Missiles are only 2 be used from a distance or 2 stuff an oponent landing.
This. Missiles are mostly for forcing opponent to act or move in a way that you can now predict, thus giving you more time to assess the current situation, or to punish an opponent that is getting too aggressive. I will usually start to spam homing missiles once or twice in a round, for about 3-5 seconds, just to throw them off their game, and usually to the boon of at least 5-10% (because they aren't expecting multiple missiles).

I also like the roll simply because it does cover so much ground. I've yet to really be punished for my roll habits, so I like to think that I'm doing it right.

But yes, charging CS is typically my top priority, so i spend a good deal of the game doing that, perhaps that is what frustrates some people, and then when they get hit with it they call "spam". CS is our main kill move; it'd be like calling diddy a spammer for using Uair. IDK. Most samus I've seen haven't been very spammy. Then again its probably because they were facing mirror.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
This. Missiles are mostly for forcing opponent to act or move in a way that you can now predict, thus giving you more time to assess the current situation, or to punish an opponent that is getting too aggressive. I will usually start to spam homing missiles once or twice in a round, for about 3-5 seconds, just to throw them off their game, and usually to the boon of at least 5-10% (because they aren't expecting multiple missiles).

I also like the roll simply because it does cover so much ground. I've yet to really be punished for my roll habits, so I like to think that I'm doing it right.

But yes, charging CS is typically my top priority, so i spend a good deal of the game doing that, perhaps that is what frustrates some people, and then when they get hit with it they call "spam". CS is our main kill move; it'd be like calling diddy a spammer for using Uair. IDK. Most samus I've seen haven't been very spammy. Then again its probably because they were facing mirror.
i myse;f nail more f smashes than charge shots but. yes charge shot is still my top priority since it then makes my opponent play much 2 safe Xd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom