• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I guess you guys don't know why hookshot sweetspots...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I though it was common knowledge but I showed this to cjugs and he said nobody on the link boards knew it so very simply:

From what I understand, link always jumps. The sweetspot is actually an illusion. It is nothing more than a hookshot that puts link in a perfect position to sweetspot his very short doublejump. It happens so fast that it's hard to notice but try it out on cornerias fin and you'll see what I mean.

Spife

Smash Master
vids
also, what about the telesweetspot where he goes from tangling to ledge with nothing inbetween HMMMMM?

Skler

Smash Master
His double jump isn't that short though, look at how high it goes when you fail the sweetspot. It probably has something to do with Link's face in relation to the edge, he appears to need to be slightly below it. Too bad no Link players have an AR and are willing to figure this out.

Spife

Smash Master
my friend does but I'm not willing to figure htis out.
Also I don't officially play Link anymore.
tl;dr I r not qualified for the task.

Skler

Smash Master
You don't need to play Link to find knowledge for Link players! It's just that only a Link player would be willing to take the time to figure it out.

The triforce of patience.

Skler

Smash Master
You can find ARs in gamestops or EB. It's kind of tough to find them, I saw one a long time ago but didn't buy it for some reason.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If I were you, I would request Magus help you out. He helped me with my Ice Climbers handoff metronome project. Maybe he will do the same and help you solve the sweetspot thing for good after 9 tiresome years.

Top Bottom