• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I guess it would be called a "Pivot Jump"

quibbloboy

Smash Rookie
Hi, I might have found something new. It's also possible that it's already known, or that it's so obvious that "known" is too generous a term for it. In any case:

If you pivot out of a dash, you can immediately flick the circle pad back the way you were dashing and jump to go one way while facing the other with good momentum. So the inputs are:
-Dash [circle pad, let's say, left]
-Turn around [cp right]
-Quickly jump to the side you were dashing [cp left+x]
And now you're flying left while facing right. I've been using it to approach with a bair.
Is this at all useful information?​

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Still, it's good to know that it's returning.

Gaggy Rogers

Smash Rookie
I like your name better than "Reverse Aerial Rush" for what it's worth. Most Smash tech names are sort of cringy tbh.
Totally agree. I'm actually gonna start calling it pivot jumping amongst friends. None of us like the way "rar'ing" sounds and I don't think most people would say that "Reverse Aerial Rush" rolls off the tongue too elegantly.

Top Bottom