• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I guess im just not that good with snake...

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
You can be good with just a Martial Arts style Snake. I tend to focus more on the A moveset and Down B and only 'Nade or Nikita them under specific circumstances.

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
I haven't had the opportunity to play as Snake yet but I will try to utilize his move set to it's fullest potential. I wonder how good is he in a 4-man free for all.

saud

Smash Lord
Snake takes a lot of time to get used to playing by him. If I wasn't so determined to main Snake, I would've given up on him a long time ago, and moved to Wolf.But I sticked to him, and after a week or so of playing matches, I got used to knowing what to do and when.

Croyt

Smash Rookie
yep

I agree with Saud. You need to play a lot with snake. His B moves aren't his strong points. His basic melee attacks are very powerful. and no one's good with grenades, they are pretty much for spamming and getting lucky.

Kuzodav

Smash Rookie
*plays eye of the tiger*

now go get better...
LMAO!!

-Also plays Gonna Fly Now-

Now with these two Rocky songs to pump you up, you should beable to take down and pinko commie ******* that tries to beat you!

Woodman

Smash Rookie
I agree with Saud. You need to play a lot with snake. His B moves aren't his strong points. His basic melee attacks are very powerful. and no one's good with grenades, they are pretty much for spamming and getting lucky.

No one is good with grenades? Are you joking? I own with grenades alone sometimes. You can drop them then roll away. You can drop them then dash attack over and shield near an opponent. The blast radius will own just about anyone.

Grenades are snakes best projectile because of their unpredictability and versatility. Go back and experiment with dropping them using shield. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Kuzodav

Smash Rookie
I like that idea, Woodman.

I just avoid grenades because -I- don't even know when they'll go off.

I also find it really annoying when people pay SUPER CLOSE attention any time they think you're putting ANYTHING on the ground. It may be smart game play, but you can't really trick people, partially because they are visible, at least pitfalls aren't.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
actually you can like that. you plant a mine and they start to avoid it like crazy, but in the process the might miss the grenade flying towards their head or the guided rocket closing in on them or even the c4 you planted on their face. and after they get hit with these they forget about the mine.

i am getting good with snake, but i still need allot of work, mainly in defense and recovery. also i need some work in nade strategy

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
I would also say he has a high learning curve. I've been messing around with snake a lot (pun not intended.) Never the less, he has a lot of potential, but I can't seem to have everything click right to pull off victories against decent people.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I also find it really annoying when people pay SUPER CLOSE attention any time they think you're putting ANYTHING on the ground. It may be smart game play, but you can't really trick people, partially because they are visible, at least pitfalls aren't.
That, my friend, is called mine-gamez :p

But seriously, that's exactly what you want them to think. You want them to focus their attention on that planted mine, hindering their focus on the actual battle. Snake is definitely a powerhouse, short and long range. He just takes a lot of finesse, patience, and strategy at his fullest potential. You can't just go rushing in with your jabs/tilts/aerials...but at the same time you shouldn't just be spamming projectiles (unless your opponent is ignorant). Use his tools to basically control the field of play and force them to make mistakes by attempting to avoid what you throw at them, then punish >: )

sweetooth

Smash Ace
very good post rusty... also, i like the idea of that "mine-gamez." I think I tend to spam his c4 more than i should though, but it usually has good results. i like to drop the from the air on my way down, then pull out a grenade and airdodge. fun stuff

Top Bottom