• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I gots a copy~ Glad to answer questions

Luigi player

Smash Master
So Wario only has 8 different colors (4 biker, 4 overalls)?

That's a little sad, I liked white helmet Wario and white overalls Wario the best...

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Falco something i found,
His default side-sp has a meteor smash effect.
Also after you execute it you can input other commands.
(eg. up-sp for further recovery or jump, etc.)

Falco
side-sp#3 - Falco Charge - when hit at close range there is good knockback
down-sp#2 - Accel Reflector - only shines at the apex of the throw, make stuff reflected faster

Jigglypuff
side-sp#3 - Tons of pound - hits multiple times

Greninja (weird JPNenglish)
n-sp#2 - staying throwing star - throws out right in front of him and stays in place, hits multiple times
longer you charge longer it stays
n-sp#3 - changing throwing star - after it hits makes opponent go up when uncharged, pulls opponent in when charged
side-sp# 2 - intense shadow - longer distance but when shadow is moving its slower. hits stronger.
side-sp#3 - quick shadow - fixed distance, similar to default but can't charge to change distance also not as powerful but little knockback
up-sp#2 - Big Pump - shoots more water but slower speed, easier to change direction. (works like pikachu's up-sp)
up-sp#3 - Single pump - shoots straight up, can't change direction. (similar to megaman's up-sp)
down-sp#2 - Spark Bunshin(dummy) - disappears and creates a small explosion, not a counter move.
down-sp#3 - Charged Bunshin(dummy) - counter attack, attacks from farther away, stronger but slower, recovery delay is larger as well.

Link
n-sp#3 - rapid arrow - very short distance but quicker to shoot
side-sp#3 - cutting boomerang - shorter distance but hits multiple times, goes through opponent.
down-sp#2 Big bomb - larger blast radius, slower before ignition
down-sp#3 Meteor bomb - faster before ignition, when hit in the air has a meteor spike effect.

Marth
n-sp#2 - Storm thrust - similar to default but has a small tornado at the end of the sword, can blow opponent away.

Pikachu
n-sp#3 - electric shock - shoots a ball of electricity straight forward at a fixed distance. good knockback
down-sp#2 - self electric shock - electric surrounds pikachu, similar to default but without lightning bolt. hits multiple times, big knockback.

Last edited:

ltsAaron

Smash Rookie
Weird i see three songs for some in the sound test.
Gaur plain
1) ガウル平原
2) 名を冠する者たち
3) 機の律動
Arena Ferox
1) 「I」~為
2) ファイアーエムブレム
3) ミラの加護とともに
Awesome! Just what I was hoping for, thanks a lot! :) I have one more question if you don't mind, how does the music selection on stages work, do you just pick on out in a list and you get that one guaranteed until you change it, or is it the same as brawl, where you scale it up or down which changes the chance of that song appearing?

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Just what I was hoping for, thanks a lot! :) I have one more question if you don't mind, how does the music selection on stages work, do you just pick on out in a list and you get that one guaranteed until you change it, or is it the same as brawl, where you scale it up or down which changes the chance of that song appearing?
It appears the songs are fixed.
You can't change the frequency like in Brawl.
But in sound test you can star your favorite tunes. (not sure if this impacts the frequency tho)
In Smash run there is a check list for the songs(on/off)

D

Deleted Member

Would you be able to post pics of Charizard's alts? The Famitsu scans don't show the wing color, and took their pics in a stage with dark lighting.

Also, how does Mega Charizard X function? Like Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Giga Bowser?

Last edited by a moderator:

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Would you be able to post pics of Charizard's alts? The Famitsu scans don't show the wing color, and took their pics in a stage with dark lighting.

Also, how does Mega Charizard X function? Like Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Giga Bowser?
Similar to Yoshi's final smash.
Control stick makes him fly / hover
B = shoots Fire blast(when hit has 大 Kanji)
A = air drill (rushes forward spinning)
http://imgur.com/StjIKHa
http://imgur.com/nEe1P3S
alt#8 is Ridley!? :troll:

Last edited:

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Falco something i found,
His default side-sp has a meteor smash effect.
Also after you execute it you can input other commands.
(eg. up-sp for further recovery or jump, etc.)

Falco
side-sp#3 - Falco Charge - when hit at close range there is good knockback
down-sp#2 - Accel Reflector - only shines at the apex of the throw, make stuff reflected faster

Jigglypuff
side-sp#3 - Tons of pound - hits multiple times

Greninja (weird JPNenglish)
n-sp#2 - staying throwing star - throws out right in front of him and stays in place, hits multiple times
longer you charge longer it stays
n-sp#3 - changing throwing star - after it hits makes opponent go up when uncharged, pulls opponent in when charged
side-sp#3 - quick shadow - fixed distance, similar to default but can't charge to change distance also not as powerful but little knockback
up-sp#2 - Big Pump - shoots more water but slower speed, easier to change direction. (works like pikachu's up-sp)
up-sp#3 - Single pump - shoots straight up, can't change direction. (similar to megaman's up-sp)
down-sp#3 - Charged Bunshin(dummy) - counter attack, attacks from farther away, stronger but slower, recovery delay is larger as well.

Link
n-sp#3 - rapid arrow - very short distance but quicker to shoot
side-sp#3 - cutting boomerang - shorter distance but hits multiple times, goes through opponent.
down-sp#2 Big bomb - larger blast radius, slower before ignition
down-sp#3 Meteor bomb - faster before ignition, when hit in the air has a meteor spike effect.

Marth
n-sp#2 - Storm thrust - similar to default but has a small tornado at the end of the sword, can blow opponent away.
Yo that falco recovery side B into Up B lets facking go

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Yo that falco recovery side B into Up B lets facking go
Fox is able to do the same.
It appears side b won't make you into a helpless state in the air.
IMO that's a big buff.
Vanilla pit and dark pit side-sp works as well.
But Captain Falcon and Ganondolf doesn't work.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
imgur.com/QPm15Z7
imgur.com/xv8IOS0
Oooh! His last costume is yellow with what seems to be green overalls... That is a little disappointing. You'd think they'd save that spot to give Luigi a U.S. Costume also. I wonder if that costume references something now...

Thanks for getting the pictures. Luigi does at least have that old Anime movie thing reference costume and the costumes I loved in previous games. x3

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hello Gloomy, I appreciate what you're doing here and I have a few questions to add to the queue.

In training mode, are the dummies recordable? By this I mean can you control the dummy for a set time then have it repeat the actions you had it do similar to the record and playback feature in Street fighter 4 training mode?

In training mode, can you toggle visible hitboxes and/or frame data on and off?

For customization options, do you only have the option to turn all customization on and off altogether or does it work more like the item and stage switch where you can also turn individual things on and off? For instance, would we be able to leave custom movesets on while turning custom parts off and so on?

Also, a few suggestions, firstly while it may be a bit of a hassle, if you compile all of your answers in the original post, you may run into a lot fewer repeat questions, it'll also make information more accessible to anyone viewing the forum which would make your efforts much more effective.

Unfortunately it's too late to make reserved space, so you may end up needing to compile the info into a different thread if the original post runs out of space. Or you could improvise by messaging compied information to whoever posted in the second and third on the thread if the first post runs out of room or becomes too cluttered, I'm sure they would be willing to help, though it's a bit of a rougher method since you'll need to coordinate with other members.

Again much thanks for this thread, it's greatly appreciated.

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
A simple and humble request: If Kirby inhales a character with a custom move (Something like Mario's larger and slower fireballs) does he get the altered power, or does he get the default? If it is the default, is that the same case with Mii's and Palutena?

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
There is a polar bear Ice Climbers enemy in Smash Run who also has a trophy. In one stream I noticed the trophy can be purchased with the in-game currency. However, the person in the stream didn't purchase it.

My question is, if you have the trophy, can you check to see if the Ice Climbers symbol is present behind the trophy description?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Vanilla pit's - works similar to brawl, can curve almost at a 90 degree angle
Dark pit - barely curves at all, maybe 10~15 degrees??
Other than that for a casual gamer like me you can't really tell their differences. (again i could be wrong)
Great to hear, been waiting for a confirmation on this.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Are there any Assist Trophies that weren't previously confirmed? Isaac from Golden Sun perhaps?

Please let us know if you get a Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, or Ice Climbers trophy.

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Hello Gloomy, I appreciate what you're doing here and I have a few questions to add to the queue.

In training mode, are the dummies recordable? By this I mean can you control the dummy for a set time then have it repeat the actions you had it do similar to the record and playback feature in Street fighter 4 training mode?

In training mode, can you toggle visible hitboxes and/or frame data on and off?

For customization options, do you only have the option to turn all customization on and off altogether or does it work more like the item and stage switch where you can also turn individual things on and off? For instance, would we be able to leave custom movesets on while turning custom parts off and so on?

Also, a few suggestions, firstly while it may be a bit of a hassle, if you compile all of your answers in the original post, you may run into a lot fewer repeat questions, it'll also make information more accessible to anyone viewing the forum which would make your efforts much more effective.

Unfortunately it's too late to make reserved space, so you may end up needing to compile the info into a different thread if the original post runs out of space. Or you could improvise by messaging compied information to whoever posted in the second and third on the thread if the first post runs out of room or becomes too cluttered, I'm sure they would be willing to help, though it's a bit of a rougher method since you'll need to coordinate with other members.

Again much thanks for this thread, it's greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the suggestion, I just started a new thread and compiled most of the stuff.
As for your question,
Training mode's options are very limited.
They dummy only have 5 actions (stand, walk, escape, jump, attack)
No hitboxes either.

For customization, it's either ON or OFF.
But you can choose not to equip status effect items.
So you can have custom moves only per se(Marvel Vs Capcom vibe with different styles)

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
There is a polar bear Ice Climbers enemy in Smash Run who also has a trophy. In one stream I noticed the trophy can be purchased with the in-game currency. However, the person in the stream didn't purchase it.

My question is, if you have the trophy, can you check to see if the Ice Climbers symbol is present behind the trophy description?
Luckily i have the polar bear trophy,
There is no Ice climbers water mark on the bottom screen description unlike other trophies.
I really miss them...

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Please test the netcode.
Just tried online mode.
Played 1 match For fun 4 man smash
and played some 1 on 1 for the glory.
I live in Hong Kong and I believe I was matched with Japanese players.
Its not super smooth compared to playing locally.
You can tell it sometimes run a bit slow but its still super playable.
So much better than brawl.
Bowser Drop Kick FTW!!!

Chrono-Omega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Uh, could you please tell me (if you've unlocked any) what are the Samus' custom moves? I know you you are casual, but do you feel like Samus is now a good character?

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Edit: Disregard this post, found my answer in a previous post in this topic. Apologies.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Last edited:

Hai-yai

Smash Rookie
A simple and humble request: If Kirby inhales a character with a custom move (Something like Mario's larger and slower fireballs) does he get the altered power, or does he get the default? If it is the default, is that the same case with Mii's and Palutena?
I would really like to know this as well! TC, if you could test this, I would be super greatful <3 It should only take a few minutes since it seems you already have some custom Neutral B special moves to test with.

Last edited:

Spirst

Maybe I'm behind in my news, but is the online component up and running?

Is it possible to add people you meet in the random "For fun" rooms? One gripe I had with Basic Brawl was that I wasn't able to add or talk to the cool people I met every now and then while playing online.

Also, can you let randoms join when you already have a friend in the room?

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Have you unlocked Flat Zone 2 and Balloon Fight stages yet? if so how did you do it?
I believe I unlocked all stages by completing certain achievements.
Not sure which one tho, but it's in the 1st page of achievements for sure.

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
I would really like to know this as well! TC, if you could test this, I would be super greatful <3 It should only take a few minutes since it seems you already have some custom Neutral B special moves to test with.
Just tried in training mode with a custom Link as opponent.
He had rapid arrow equipped as his N-Sp,
When Kirby copies Link's ability, it reverts back to his default move. (normal arrow)

Hai-yai

Smash Rookie
Just tried in training mode with a custom Link as opponent.
He had rapid arrow equipped as his N-Sp,
When Kirby copies Link's ability, it reverts back to his default move. (normal arrow)
Thank you so much <3

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Uh, could you please tell me (if you've unlocked any) what are the Samus' custom moves? I know you you are casual, but do you feel like Samus is now a good character?
I only have one custom move unlocked for her.
Down-Sp#2 - Slip bomb - less powerful, when exploded near it makes opponent trip stun. When hit in air has a meteor smash effect.
To me Samus is very powerful. Tilts and smash attacks have very good knockback.
Also to me she seems much faster than in Brawl. Brawl felt kinda tanky when moving.
Not sure if it was present in Brawl or not but some things I've noticed,
Up-Sp seems powerful and has good knockback on the last hit.
Down-Sp when explodes near her, she jumps up as a ball like in Metroid games. (Just a neat detail)
N-Sp charges up noticeably faster (Buff?)
Overall very strong character. Because she has close and range attacks I think she can be very effective in tournaments.
Side-Sp is a homing missle and chases the opponent , if you do smash Side-Sp it becomes a more powerful missile but only goes straight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom