• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Give Up...

The Id

Smash Rookie
So, I have a friend who plays a pretty beastly DeDeDe. He has other alts too, which I'm either evenly matched with, or I put him to utter shame. But no matter who I am (Falco, Ike, Wolf, or Shiek), his DeDeDe absoultely mauls me. I try to projectile barrage and space him with Falco, but his Waddledoo army from HELL just takes all the hits, even when I'm hopping around. I can get a couple of attacks in with just about everyone, and usually get him down to one life, but DeDeDe's giant rolls of fat stop me. All he has to do his facepalm me in the middle of an attack and he just goes Lebron James on me and chaingrabs to the edge.

What do I do?

Oh great DeDeDe users, lend me your profound wisdom.

Doval

Smash Lord
Waddle Dees can hurt Dedede just as much as you, because he can't attack next to one. Any use of the A button near a Waddle Dee will make Dedede toss it. Dedede also can't recover cleanly - to grab the edge, he has to cancel the Super Dededede Jump above the edge, which leaves him wide open.

Also, Olimar gives Dedede hell.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Might I suggest trying Zelda? Her Din's Fire goes through his waddle-dees, eliminating his shield. His massive size makes him a perfect Lightning kick target. And, she's light enough to escape his chainthrow. Simply tech-roll away and immediately C-stick a down-smash. If he's pursued your tech-roll this should hit him before he can grab you every time.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I got a friend who plays a good D3 too. He can pretty much own everyone that we regularly play with except for me. As a Fox main he can't chaingrab me, which severly weakens his easy offense and forces him to resort to "normal" methods of fighting, and that is where I can run circles around him. I can also shine away the Waddles and punish him for his many huge lag times. Ftilt is good for spacing so you have to be careful, but if your friend is not abusing ftilt you should be able to destroy him with anyone who can't be CG'd.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Beating a DDD main is easy.

just use Olimar and camp the hell out of him.
you dont even really need to practice with him.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Wow guys Olimar is not impossible. You just need to play the matchup a few times. Ive played it alot, its not impossible. Use grabs, ftilt stops pikmin toss and stops his smashes because of equal priority and dtilt is good. You can gimp him easy with your multiple jumps and aerials.

I hate seeing dumb Dedede mains post omg olimar is impossible even a non experienced olimar can beat a pro dedede easy. Try using ftilt some and grabs to off the edge backairs and ****.

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
Any fast melle char. will counter Dedede. hsi atacks are all on the slow side so get in close and dont let him catch a breath.

EoW

Smash Apprentice
Olimar is not that hard of a battle..... down tilt and up tilt kill pik'man in one hit....

Don't get me wrong meta knight and olimar are probably the hardest battles. But when he throws the pikman down tilt and the up tilt kill pikman so if you chase olimar and keep on him not giving him a chance to pull more, somehow get the little baby off the level you can gimp easily.

Again this is easier said then done.

soroush123

Smash Lord
Metaknight's tornado. The one thing I can't beat. Understand that if you spam this, and spam Dsmash at 130+, you'll likely win, but your friend will hate you.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Beating a DDD main is easy.

just use Olimar and camp the hell out of him.
you dont even really need to practice with him.

that. does. not. work.

Olimar can camp only for a while. until DDD gets within Ftilt range, than he can Jab and Ftilt those pikmin to hell. and one he's off the ledge once, you win.

To beat a DDD you need to understand that:
1) His primary goal is to grab me
2)There are certain characters he can't chain grab and I should learn at least on of them.
3)If I concentrate on quick attacks and Throw setups I have a better chance then just jump in.
4) He can't chain grab me if Im far away or in the air the mojority of the match.

In the air, his Bair is good, but that's the only safe move he can use in the air. characters like MK and Toon Link can beat him there becaus he simply has less options in the air. If you can force him to come at you, due to your falco lasers or Toon Linkness, then you have more control over the match. pracitce tech chasing and possible followups after throws to make it hard for him to reset the spacing, and look to punish him any time he uses one of his many lagging attacks.

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
If your Falco can't beat him, your Falco needs work.

Seriously. Falco mauls Dedede. Laser >>> Waddle Dees. Falco's chain grab is better than Dedede's. You're much faster. Laser spam. Is he approaching? Side+B out of there, repeat. Etc.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Olimar is tough, but all you gotta do is hit that sucka hard enough and edgehog and you win :-). Easier said than done but still, thats the gist of it and he isnt impossible.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Your lingo eludes me. lol.

Does not falco have a chain grab as well? Fire with fire. >.>

P.S. multiple characters can end D3's chain grabbing with a jab. Or you could dodge. Test it w/ falco.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
I just discovered how easy it is to gimp Dedede's recovery WITH Olimar's recovery. Everytime he tries to launch himself up I nail him with the tether. He just can't get back on the stage.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
he can if he flies to the edge and gets invincibility frames.

Honestly i dont get the whole Olimar pwns Dedede thing. Waddle-dees and f-tilts can block pikmin, and a well-timed short hop approach to f-air is great against a camping olimar.

But that isnt the point of the thread.

Apparently this person plays a very good dedede if this much trouble is happening. I like the falco idea too. Short hop to laser is good in case one connects and makes de3 flinch, then you can try and approach. Try chain grabbing too, and always be ready to spike with falco because the thing simply owns.

Top Bottom