• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I give up on wario

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyninjagod

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0713-5279
I don't get it I've been playing him since literally day 1 and I'm just horrible with him.... I'm pulling the plug on this I just don't know how to improve with him... O CANT EVEN BEAT LEVEL 9 BOTS! it's pretty sad now because I'm not good with any character in the game so I'm just pulling the plug on trying wario for so many months and not playing him anymore. He's just to hard or something to me. Countless hours I look up guides and I still. Can't. Get. Good. With him. I give up

Routa

Smash Lord
Guides are kinda meh overall. Best thing about Wario is that you can make him to fit your playstyle. Do you prefer the air? Well Wario has maybe 3rd or 2nd best air game. You like to go all in? No problems mate. Defence > Offence? Oh where should I even begin...

I sucked as Wario when I first picked him up. I didn't everything that guides said, but I still sucked. Then I changed my playstyle. I started to play Wario like I played my Ike. And boom! I became better. Why? 'Cause it was "MY" playstyle.

I'm far from good explainer, but what I mean is that you should not blondly follow guides. Find YOUR OWN Wario playstyle.

Also... Lvl 9 bots are frame perfect so it isn't a big deal, if you loose against them.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Don't even play against bots lol. And you'll feel better tomorrow, just give it some rest. Ain't nobody that can resist the satisfaction of killing an opponent with a fart.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Losing to lv 9 CPUs is inevitable. They can read your inputs and are frame perfect. I lose to them. They are not a good indication of skill nor are they good practice.

If you're being discouraged by losing and think it's the fault of your character then that's fine. Keep in mind you won't improve with that mindset. Pick up another character if you don't really have fun with Wario anymore but don't expect immediate results.

If you want to keep up with Wario regardless, one of the best things to improve is to watch other top Warios. Observe how they play the character and take notes. Check the last few pages of the video thread, and watch videos by TheReflexWonder, Magik and Jeepy Sol. Also look up Abadango and Glutonny on Youtube.

The thread is unnecessary so I'm locking it. Good luck with Wario (or whichever character you decide to pick up instead) OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom