• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i Found this out last night it might help egde-hoging

Thecloudmon

Smash Cadet
Down smash any body nearly of the stage if you can not stage spike them then head hop then with people like falco, ike wario this thing kills them and its all most certain on lylat Curise.

if they think there coming back edge hog

Test please and give better feed back

cause not ever stage has a stage spike

i forgot to add that they stay in the paralyezed animation/state then die not head hop prat fall

Snakeee

Smash Master
or you can just spike them with a down-B. (You have to do the attack out of it kind of late)

This was known, but I give you an E for Effort

Munas

Smash Cadet
:/ What's with the rampant elitism on the ZSS boards? As far as I can tell, this board isn't active enough to chase away new contributors just because their new and haven't had the time to familiarize themselves with ZSS, who by all accounts is a much more difficult character to become familiar with then others. Yes there are rules that should be followed, but in this elitist mentality that I've been witnessing since I came to these boards I would think your chasing away a lot more intelligent discussion then you are preserving. My suspicion is that many of the newbs who come here looking for advice get chased away when they ask a simple question and get chased away.

The rules of the forum should be followed, but their not always going to be. It'd be much more productive to be polite about it and wait for a mod to close any threads that need to be closed rather than chase away every other person who posts a thread.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
:/ What's with the rampant elitism on the ZSS boards? As far as I can tell, this board isn't active enough to chase away new contributors just because their new and haven't had the time to familiarize themselves with ZSS, who by all accounts is a much more difficult character to become familiar with then others. Yes there are rules that should be followed, but in this elitist mentality that I've been witnessing since I came to these boards I would think your chasing away a lot more intelligent discussion then you are preserving. My suspicion is that many of the newbs who come here looking for advice get chased away when they ask a simple question and get chased away.

The rules of the forum should be followed, but their not always going to be. It'd be much more productive to be polite about it and wait for a mod to close any threads that need to be closed rather than chase away every other person who posts a thread.
If they are not familiar with her they should be reading everything that we've had archived and organized specifically for that purpose. We have a Q&A thread so that we can answer simple questions because simple questions do not need their own thread.

I am not elitist, I am intolerant of stupidity.

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
@DeliciousCake:
People should, but they dont. It's always been that way and it forever will. The general intolerance in these boards does have the advantage of stopping user from doing many useless threads. Sadly, I think it also scares many people away from us.

Also, lulz at your sig.

Munas

Smash Cadet
NeoZero pretty much covered my reply. That intolerance comes out very much like elitism, which I haven't noticed as much of in the other character boards, and isn't really productive in stopping that stupidity. Likely it's a contributor to the relatively slow pace of this forum, and probably chases people away who would otherwise develop into intelligent contributors to the ZSS forums. I just don't see the point in being rude when a "Nice find, but check the stickies next time :)" would probably be more productive and convey the same point.

In any case, I won't be chased away so it has little effect on me. Take it as you will, I've given my two cents.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've always wondered about this anti-elitism mentality people have. First of all, we are not simply elitists here, we are *******s who happen to have elitist feelings. We prefer it when people can express a modicum of intelligence, and show enough commitment to learning to pay attention to what has come before them. Nothing is wrong with that expectation. In fact, nothing is wrong with a demand along the same lines.

You could argue that there is something wrong with spitting up vitriol when people do not meet our demands, but honestly, we're not stopping them from playing ZSS. We're just scaring them off the board.

We have a culture here. It works for us, and thus far the most prominent and thoughtful contributors haven't had an issue with it.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I see it like this:
ZSS is a very hard character to learn, she's got an extremely different gameplay style and an awkward learning curve. You have to be pretty dedicated to get to the point where you can consistently win in tournament with her.

If someone comes on these boards and lets one or two little flames deter them from discussing on these boards, then I doubt they have the determination to learn ZSS and should head to the top-tier characters for an easier time.

Just as you said, the flames wouldn't stop you and you post intelligently, I don't think it's a coincidence. Just think of it as a filter. We're not really trying to promote intelligent discussion, we're just filtering out the dumb discussion. I wholly understand why someone would say that that's a terrible system, but hey, it's what we got, and we like it. d:

Top Bottom