• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I find the fact that you aren't allowed to say Project M on Miiverse to be extremely dumb.

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2
I mean, why? You can say Brawl- I believe, and The Tale of Elementia (SMW hack), but Project M is like, the forbidden term for Miiverse.

*Typo in title. Remove is.

Last edited:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
silly legal BS. same with PM not being in apex when nintendo is apart of it.

not like I care- I don't buy new nintendo products anymore so I don't support them like I used to. thats just me though

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
You can't even say the letters PM, triggers an autoban. Hilarious on the Paper Mario boards.

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2
I mean, if they don't like Project M, they shouldn't take it out on us! And besides, with how big Project M is, it's not possible to get rid of it on Miiverse. We have a bunch of people wanting to talk about it there. I saw a guy on the SCRIBBLENAUTS community say that he had PM once, and he was banned. But when I commented somewhere saying Brawl Minus, I was just fine.

Also, what if someone says Project M or PM on accident? One of my friends didn't know, and she said she entered a Project M tournament. I didn't know too much about Project M, and I asked if it really was a mod. Both of us got admin warnings. You know, I'm just gonna get Project M instead of reclaiming my old Brawl game. Just to spite Nintendo at this point.

Last edited:

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Miiverse modding is utterly incompetent. If you know someone you can complain to like customer service and no they can do something, do it. Cause this probably won't ever stop and you'd probably be better abandoning it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Nintendo is allowed to manage miiverse however they see fit. /thread

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
It's a really dedicated mod, and I think it's super cool, but it's copyright infringing software. There's not a whole lot complexity to their motives behind stopping discussion of it on the Miiverse. It's a mod which can easily be considered competition to Smash 4 3DS/Wii U therefore it's seen in a negative light by Nintendo.

Narpas_sword

would you prefer they just issue a C&D instead?

Do you go to other peoples houses and sit there talking about how awesome your house is compared to theirs?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
*looks at title*

But Miiverse is dumb in general anyway. Project M is better discussed on Smash boards regardless, like every Smash game.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
That's because nintendo doesn't want PM to be what it is, they don't have the rights to shut it down so they make this things, and making it so that commentators can't even mention the game in tournaments, it's silly and kinda useless

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no they don't. mods built upon existing games distributed for free are entirely legal. Nintendo CAN'T issue a C&D and I'm tired of people even thinking they could but don't, like they're being nice about it

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

I was under the impression that a C&D may be issued if someone is using your copyrighted intellectual property without permission, regardless of profit made.

Seems i'm corrected though, i admit i haven't dug thoroughly into the law of different countries to inspect it further.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
no they don't. mods built upon existing games distributed for free are entirely legal. Nintendo CAN'T issue a C&D and I'm tired of people even thinking they could but don't, like they're being nice about it
Wasn't there like some statement from Nintendo a month or two ago that contradicts this C&D boogeyman?

If I remember correctly it kept stuff like fan project and indie titles from being C&D, which PM somehow was shielded by this.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
oh, that's true too, well let's hope it never happens(delete that sentence now, it's dangerous)
Actually, there is some legal precedence that would say otherwise, but it's definitely murky. The main issue is that if they sent a C&D, The PM team doesn't have the resources to contest it.

Top Bottom