• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I finally know

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Link to original post: [drupal=5114]I finally know[/drupal]

This may seem out of place for me seeing as how my activity in brawl has been anything but ongoing, but I felt it necessary and relieving to post this.

When I first came here I found a community of people, the pikachus, who were so openly amazing and kind in every way. The memories I have of them encompass quite a bit of my life, and I now see it coming full circle.

To any pikas that read, I met you all the summer of my freshman year of college while I was working at a summer camp. I remember the laughs i got to have and the feeling of inadequacy I had coming into such a large community. I had no clue of the life changing experience that would then surround a good year and a half of my life. When I started I wanted to be good, I wanted to be great, I wanted to beat my subpar friend who knew nothing of this game, and when that happened I felt complete, but even then it wasnt enough. So i went further and got HM'd in norcal.

The community also brought me the xat, which brought me latias and so many laughs. As the time goes on, I have felt so distant and urged to play more. I know that will not happen again soon, and because of this I am sad. Looking back on everything though, I see what I have become. I was an advocate to the pikachu community on helping make guides, I accomplished my goals of becoming a good pika, I was accepted into the PBR and when all of this was done I finally felt accepted in the pika community. I have been mad at the pikas since I lost the community by moving away from brawl tournies, and I was mad that I couldn't play and had to repress my urges to be better, but I finally understand what this experience of smash meant to me. As summer approached I find myself once again going to this summer job.

Its been 3 years since that job, and now that I know I am going there, I feel and see every single experience I had with the pikas. It has taken all this time but I have finally seen what the community taught me. It was never about how good I could be, or how much effort I put into making guides, it was about the community and fun I had with the pikas at the time. I can see who I have become and where I am going, I can see where the experiences I had will remain locked in my episodic memory, I can finally see now that I am and always was Forever Zero

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well his obnoxious post did make the blog easier to read!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
for once Teran/Von Karma/Hulkamania, you are correct......wait bar the once part, you have been right on multiple occasions.

also, Gee Gee Gee Teran Teran Teran

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man don't even try to get cute in my house boy.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man **** this was supposed to be a guy giving love to the community and we ended up turning it into something to stroke our egos again.

Sorry Venus of the DUDEJACKBROTHER, I know the feeling of finding a community and it just being such a good fit. I mean damn, look at me and my post count!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Not a Pika by any means, but I can totally relate. It's funny because usually most everyone that comes here is looking to be good at this game and learn SUPER AWESOME STRATEGIES. I tried to do that too at first, but I ended up being friends with so many people here and dropped playing at all, really.

Instead I payed for a premium backroom for a year, got bought in for another year, and then bought in again for another 3 months and met people I would place up there with my irl friends, regardless of what they think of me. Those times are over for me as well, but they're still pretty special and I can always look back and have good thoughts and laughs at how fun it was.

Uh...keep it up, man.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Man **** this was supposed to be a guy giving love to the community and we ended up turning it into something to stroke our egos again.
Thing is, this is user blogs, not the pikachu community. So that love is UNREQUITED, MOTHER****ER.

AND I NEVER LIKED PIKACHU.

AND I DON'T LIKE YOU, TERAN. OR IS IT HULK HOGAN.

NO REALLY SERIOUS QUESTION I'M REALLY STUPID.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Not a Pika by any means, but I can totally relate. It's funny because usually most everyone that comes here is looking to be good at this game and learn SUPER AWESOME STRATEGIES. I tried to do that too at first, but I ended up being friends with so many people here and dropped playing at all, really.

Instead I payed for a premium backroom for a year, got bought in for another year, and then bought in again for another 3 months and met people I would place up there with my irl friends, regardless of what they think of me. Those times are over for me as well, but they're still pretty special and I can always look back and have good thoughts and laughs at how fun it was.

Uh...keep it up, man.
Thanks a lot man <3
I think its nice to know someone has the same feelings of how its memories of the past that keep us happy and that the times we had were good, even tho it seems so far away now. i miss Roller, LEAF, PikaPika, Kenny, LDPK, ussi, those times were too fun. A memory of the past that is so nice because for me it even has a soundtrack from chrono cross in it since i listened to it a lot when i was active.

I remember falconv1 haha, i played your kirby in bracket at a TAG

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I had a blog about trying to let go of the community and coping with not being able to get better, this one is more about me coming to terms with it being a part of my past and how it has effected me and such

@falconv1: i still remember your voice singing all you need is bair on RC, that memory wont leave lol

Top Bottom