• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel like he has way too much going for him.

Aaronrdmkr

Smash Rookie
He has crazy speed. His move-block-move speed is ridiculous.
His KO power in my opinion is a terrible OP advantage that only he gets. All characters have 4 special attacks, 4 basic attacks. Giving Little Mac its own power system that can easily KO people at less than 80% is dumb...in my opinion.
Yes I know he doesn't do well in the air. but all he has to do is dodge the enemies jump attack (which most of the time isn't hard), float away from the enemy, or even counter the air attack.
And ALL those damn invincible moments in his attacks. (I think that is also a terrible system that they added to the game. I never noticed it in brawl.)

He just has too much going for him. Get rid of the KO power. Or give powers to the rest of the character list. Giving one character a completely new power system in a fighting game is terrible oversight.

1FC0

Smash Lord
One of us got owned big time by a Little Mac and it ain't me.

Why would powe rmeter be an oversight? Lucario has aura and no one has an equivalent to that. Also only some characters have a Zair.

Just dodge the KO Punch and punish, or hit him after 6 seconds.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
I think overestimating his strengths and underestimating his weaknesses.

Ganon can kill someone with about 5 good hits.
Other characters get unique/semi-unique mechanics too. Lucario has his aura, shulk has his monada, Rosalina has her Luma. And then there are all the mechanics that Mac can't do like reflect, have a spike(?), a ranged throw, etc.
His KO meter only lasts about 8 seconds and has tiny range and long enough cool down to punish however you want.
Look at how easy it is to gimp Mac.

All n all, Mac does exactly what he's meant to: Be the best ground-based fighter in the game. he has more than enough weaknesses and ways to deal with him so if you can't take advantage of that, then it's no one's fault but your own.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Also you can beat any MAc by not getting hit and killing him.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Also you can beat any MAc by not getting hit and killing him.
I can be the best smasher by winning every tournament and never losing a match.

*Ahem* On a serious note, saying Little Mac has too much going for him by pointing out the things that makes Little Mac a Unique Character and saying they should be removed, is like saying Pikachu shouldn't have any electric projectiles because Marth doesn't have a single projectile and it's unfair. If we used that logic, wouldn't we all be playing a game with a bunch of melee fighters that had minor differences in their moves powers? And even then, if one were to use this logic on this bland version and say "this guy has a more powerful upsmash than all the others, it should be changed or added to everyone else", eventually we would have the most boring game of all time. (sorry, bit of a rant)
Like they pointed out above, many characters have their own power system. It's what makes the characters different and unique! But just because one character doesn't have a unique power system while others do, doesn't mean they should remove them all or add powers to everyone in my opinion. What Little Mac "has going for him" does not make him unbalanced or unfair, it gives him what he needs to balance his weaknesses and stand a chance/give you more game-play options.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wow we really got the good answers tonight.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
You can also solve any math problem by answering the question.

And you can feed the entire world by getting infinite food.

And you can make a useless post like that.
I disagree with the math thing as answering randomly did not yield better results on my test.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Either you dodge his K.O. Punch or get K.Oed by it without making excuses. Really, why remove something that makes him so unique to play with?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
He has crazy speed. His move-block-move speed is ridiculous.
His KO power in my opinion is a terrible OP advantage that only he gets. All characters have 4 special attacks, 4 basic attacks. Giving Little Mac its own power system that can easily KO people at less than 80% is dumb...in my opinion.
Yes I know he doesn't do well in the air. but all he has to do is dodge the enemies jump attack (which most of the time isn't hard), float away from the enemy, or even counter the air attack.
And ALL those damn invincible moments in his attacks. (I think that is also a terrible system that they added to the game. I never noticed it in brawl.)

He just has too much going for him. Get rid of the KO power. Or give powers to the rest of the character list. Giving one character a completely new power system in a fighting game is terrible oversight.
Any opportunity to get him off the stage even at low percents trust me do it! don't ever throw him toward the center of the stage always throw him off the stage. his recovery is easily exploitable. hit him with an aerial or projectile when he is off the stage, the only thing he can do is counter and he only gets one shot at it, bait/wait for the counter then hit him with the aeriel if the player counters alot. there is practically no way mac can survive even at low percents if he is hit while off the stage by practically anything, character with strong throws are ussually a very tough match-up for my mac.

Slaudial

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0174-7067
Either you dodge his K.O. Punch or get K.Oed by it without making excuses. Really, why remove something that makes him so unique to play with?
Because the move in question is horrendously designed.

"Why complain about level 3 X-Factor?"

Because it's ****ing stupid, that's why.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
His terrible recover doesn't make up for any of the good points you stated out. Anyone who know how to gimp/edge guard will have no problem against him.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
His terrible recover doesn't make up for any of the good points you stated out. Anyone who know how to gimp/edge guard will have no problem against him.
"Anyone who know how to gimp/edge guard will have no problem against him"
If you mean the scrubby ones, then yes. If you mean the ones that are legitimately good, then no.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Just looking through various character boards, and I wanted to say... no worries, Little Mac mains. Lucario mains get the same thing :p

Blazerator

Smash Cadet
NNID
josh2499
I honestly think that Little Mac would instantly be fine if he didn't have K.O. Punch. Seriously, he is already pretty balanced without it.

The mode is called For Glory, but the catch is that only little macs can use a "Final Smash" :ohwell:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Little Mac is probably one of the worst characters in the game, and its not because he's 'overpowered' at all. The guy has literally no air game at all, and if he's knocked far off the screen with no second jump he's as good as dead, the only thing he has going for him is speed, a small amount of super armor, and his extreme power thats it really. Everything else is generally against him. I don't get why people have said he's overpowered, he really isn't. at all.

His KO punch is -extremely easy- to predict, and extremely difficult to hit with and if you miss the air knocks your opponent out of punish zone so you can't really follow up, further more he has like a 4 second cooldown to return to fighting and dodging, which can easily be destroyed by any range fighter, let alone a melee based fighter. His KO punch is literally one of his worst moves unless you time it absolutely perfect.

I think people are seriously just thinking he's overpowered cause they done f'ed up a match against a mac and lost, so they be butt hurt lol.

Furthermore, I'm not saying that he can't be a good character through practice, he can be, but he has quite a learning curve to him compared to other characters.

Last edited:

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Honestly I think KO Power is more of a form of intimidation than an actual move. Hitting with it is not easy, though possible. But what it really does well is give you several seconds where your opponent has to question if they want to approach you or not. I don't know about pro level play, but just to me it feels like the Devs made KO power to give Mac some 'breathing room' as a reward for not having fallen to his death yet.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Honestly I think KO Power is more of a form of intimidation than an actual move. Hitting with it is not easy, though possible. But what it really does well is give you several seconds where your opponent has to question if they want to approach you or not. I don't know about pro level play, but just to me it feels like the Devs made KO power to give Mac some 'breathing room' as a reward for not having fallen to his death yet.
First of all, very true point, the KO punch can be used as an intimidation technique, and second of all that was funny.

Top Bottom