• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I f*cking LOVE SoPo/SoNa

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
With one of the groups of people that I smash with, they say my SoPo is better than my dual climbers.

I was playing some matches today and at the beginnning of each stock, I'd kill Popo so I could use SoNa. I did really well and I think I surprised some people.

Discuss gameplay strategies for your Solo climber.

Obviously, there's the Dthrow chaingrab to whatever percent, depending on the character. When they're too high for a regrab, I sometimes try a Nair but depending on the character, they can usually just throw out a quick aerial and intercept. Try a Usmash instead as that'll lead to
Uair juggles. Against some characters with slow aerials though(Ike comes to mind) you can Nair-> Usmash -> Uair.

Sorry I don't have much to say, it's 12 and I'm kinda tired.

They say you can see an IC mains true skill when they lose the secondary climber.

Discuss

B0NK

Smash Lord
They say you can see an IC mains true skill when they lose the secondary climber.
I completely agree.

Some strategies that I use:

- Well spaced blizzards and retreating blizzards are a great way to pressure your opponent and at the same time provides some relief from the pressuring opponent (especially Metaknight).
- Dash attacks can surprise the opponent if done occasionally and starts aerial combos.
- Any well spaced tilts and aerial attacks are useful.
- Ice Blocks are a great way to slow your opponent down or get them in the air so you can use your U-airs.
- When knock off the stage, varying the timing of your side-b recovery can throw off an opponent when trying to return to the stage. But usually, airdodge is a better choice.
- As was mention before, D-throw chains.
- Throws are still useful to lead into attacks like U-smash or F-air.
- Well spaced F-air are great for knocking the opponent off the stage and sometimes even KO-ing.

That's all I can think of right now.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I played some ICs back in Melee, but not in Brawl. I still play SoPo, however, because he is too much fun. I'm gonna try and get a few matches up soon, hopefully.

Much more viable than the other half-character, Nolimar. One aerial, one special move, no smashes, no recovery. You can't even grab without Pikmin. It's stupid.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I learned how to play a solo climber the first day I played melee because I figured I was one of the few people that would ever kill nana on purpose. I still play solo every now and then for fun, and because I can. I'm pretty good solo too actually, if my nana dies near the beggining of the stock I'm on, then that stock gets drawn out for a long time because I play way more carefully solo, and can still win like that. I'm also not tempted to grab as much too when I'm solo.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i had a better SoPo/SoNa back in melee than in brawl. i can still sort of perform in brawl by myself, but its nothing compared to melee.....

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Well when I'm solo (Nana is an idiot, I'm I being sexist?), I usually use these moves/stragies:

• Do a squall in the air and retreat back or go al the wat through when they're close to close range
  • Start a blizzard in the air to defend agasint SHFF attacks
  • Ftilt at close range
  • Dtilt for edgeguarding
  • Ice Block them campers xD
  • Jab when they're right beside me
  • Pivot and grab when they land behine me =D

There's more but why should I tell you everything xD:chuckle::laugh::lick:

Top Bottom