• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I doubt I will still play samus.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
All the things I loved and tricky movements are gone in brawl AND she was nerfed overall.

ZSS here I come! XD.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
oh this guys, wheres the lady space love samus gave us T.T

we`ll ill give her a try for sure since she has been faithful to me all this time in melee but if i just don't feel being competitive with her i think ill try ... oh wow looking at the final rooster pic i cant choose anyone else...maybe diddy as my second choice...yeah probably...or pokemon trainer, please be good samus T.T

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly sure that Samus will be a pain in the *** to play against in Brawl as well. Samus isn't certainly worse than others.

ShadowRegulus

Smash Rookie
Well, the difference between her missiles and Zelda's heel is the fact that her missiles are a range attack.

She still seems over-nerfed. Way more than some of the characters who deserved it. I'll still play as her, initially. Hopefully she's still a decent character.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
It's a sad game for Metroid fans. Still, if Samus ends up too nerfed to be usable competitively in Brawl, at least we'll have Zero Suit Samus.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm really confused and saddened by the nerfs that Samus has taken. Most of her most useful moves seem to be ineffective. I don't want to play a character where my only viable recourse is bair spam. For my part, I'll probably be spending more time with ZSS.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I am truly disappointed when I hear the early news that Samus players are just gonna drop their character. I understand that her moves some have been nerfed and she will play differently. I myself am going to continue to play Samus no matter what. I believe part of the reason you play a character should be because you enjoy that character. I enjoy Samus and the Metriod series, so in respect to that I will continue to play her and ZSS.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I was never much of a Metroid fan, I just really liked how she played in Melee. And now it's all different in Brawl :(

But as I'm a G&W fan and overall technology nerd I will main G&W and ROB :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
To be honest, I think Samus needed her projectiles nerfed. Missile spamming got really lame, especially on stages like Hyrule. No seriously, a missile spamming Samus is one of the lamest things ever especially if the terrain just so happens to give her cover against approaches.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
To be honest, I think Samus needed her projectiles nerfed. Missile spamming got really lame, especially on stages like Hyrule. No seriously, a missile spamming Samus is one of the lamest things ever especially if the terrain just so happens to give her cover against approaches.
WHOA I think every Samus player in here will agree with you :rolleyes:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey, I might actually stop hating Samus though and use her since apparently she's better in close combat to some degree.

I just simply never used her since I'm an unlucky person who hates dealing with n00b Spamuses who get lame with the projectiles. Since that apparently isn't going to happen in Brawl, things are looking good here. =)

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
You must be a true know-nothing if you whine because you can't figure out how to approach a Samus who shoots missiles. You also don't know anything if you think Samus had a poor close-combat game.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
You have to try her before giving up. Her nerfs are really discouraging though. Shes totally different, and most of what made her good in melee is totally gone. Her recovery was hit really hard (tether recovery *only* works when you can sweet spot the ledge...otherwise it wont grab, so grapple beam is not nearly as effective). Then the missile thing.

But still, I think she wont be too terrible. Her aerials seems to be more reliable and her tilts arent too bad (though, itll be harder to tilt without wavedashing for spacing). Plus, up smash might actually be a viable option this time. Atleast I hope.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Actually Samus may not have been nerfed at all. Missiles and charge shot are worse, as are grabs, but smashes are pretty much the same, and aerials are better. Until we know how the game is going to be played it's impossible to say, maybe Samus will need to rely on bair a lot more.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Actually Samus may not have been nerfed at all. Missiles and charge shot are worse, as are grabs, but smashes are pretty much the same, and aerials are better. Until we know how the game is going to be played it's impossible to say, maybe Samus will need to rely on bair a lot more.

If you want an idea of Samus' moves in brawl read this thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141287

I was as in depth as I could be with my time with brawl. Its clear that Samus got hit hard. But this is only the early days of brawl, so who knows what might happen.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I find it funny how people complain about Samus' missile spam yet the so-called top tier characters have moves which can reflect or deflect them well. In the exception of Sheik who would probably be killing you before you'd get a chance to spam the missiles.

thank goodness for vB

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
More Samus for me!

Going to be so many people playing as ZSS, I'll be one of the few to stick with Samus >:(

Sure, she can't missile cancel as far as we know, but her aerials are buffed and we'll find some better techs. Just wait.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
She is alot of fun. I was initially discouraged with her because the difference is so vast, but I have faith that Samus isnt really as bad as first thought and its just a matter of adjusting my play style.

Vertical recovery is very rarely a problem. Samus is heavy and floaty. Also there were not many stages that really required it, but the custom ones that kept coming up on random were pretty bad for Samus because her vertical recovery was so bad (relative to the rest of the characters. Almost everybody has good recovery in brawl). I cant remember what other stages unfortunately =/.

>I wrote something else here, but it got cut off. lmao =.=. I guess it couldnt have been too important.

Edit: actually, ill post this somewhere more appropriate...

Hostility

Smash Ace
Just about every attack in melee went through missiles. You're pretty bad at melee if you couldn't deal with stupid a stupid samus who missile spams.

Top Bottom