• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't think Lucario (and pichu) are going to make it. This is why..

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
First of all I'm going to say I am one of those people that hate the idea of lucario being in brawl. I just want to make that clear.

I don't think Lucario is going to make it at all. From my experience, every pokemon thats been in the ssb series have been pokemon that appear in red/blue (except pichu, I will talk about him in a second). There is pikachu, jigglypuff, mewtwo, and now the pokemon trainer with squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard (all red/blue pokemon). Sure, there is pichu in ssbm, but he's a clone, and I'm highly sure pichu won't make it, mainly since one of pikachu's costumes is the blue goggles on his head (one of pichu's costumes). Another reason why I think pichu won't be making it is because he is a clone that not only has the same attacks as pickachu, but also is the same, electrice type pokemon, as pikachu. Therefore that excludes pichu.

(Yes I have realised I drifted off topic with lucario)

With lucario, it's the same scenario about him not being a red/blue pokemon. He's a new one made for the ds. I personally don't see why he's so popular, compared to any other pokemon. He's a fighting type (I believe; I haven't played the ds game nor do I plan to) that would make a good addition, but there are other characters in brawl that could easily be a fighter. If anything, since he's so popular, he should be a pokeball. I personally hate the idea of adding such a new pokemon onto ssbb as a playable character. Not to mention what his alternate colours would be, lol :p.

EDIT: Unfortunatly, people are only reading this post and not the rest of the thread before posting, which really annoys me. I do have more reasons scattered around the thread. So before you trash me, CHECK OUT THE FORUM. Thank you.

Anyways that's my explanation why I believe pichu, nor lucario, will make it.

(Btw I am aware that it's going to be a "Me against everyone else that posts" sort of argument here, so I'm ready. Reinforcements would be nice :])

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This whole red/blue argument is ridiculous.

Yes, all of the playable Pokemon shown so far have been first generation, but that doesn't mean that all playable Pokemon have to be first generation.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
When did I ever say that all the new pokemon had to be first generation?

You cn have other generation pokemon too, but What I mean to say that just because he has a fast increase in popularity, he will most likely have a quick decrease in popularity as well..

Edit: Nice spam buddy :) vvvvv

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
When did I ever say that all the new pokemon had to be first generation?

You cn have other generation pokemon too, but What I mean to say that just because he has a fast increase in popularity, he will most likely have a quick decrease in popularity as well..
You have no evidence of that, it's just an assumption.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Yawn and you couldn't post you Lucario and Pichu arguments in their respective threads? It's really not hard to search for them, in addition I found your post to be somewhat incoherent.

-Knight

Hong

The Strongest
Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jiggs, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are enough. :/

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Yawn and you couldn't post you Lucario and Pichu arguments in their respective threads? It's really not hard to search for them, in addition I found your post to be somewhat incoherent.

-Knight
because there's a thread for lucario and pichu together right?.. Next time you post, post about what you think about my theory, rather then just trashing it.

You have no evidence of that, it's just an assumption.
Lol of course it's an assumption, how could I possibly have evidence for it. We just have to wait and see. ^ ^

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't understand what your reasoning against Lucario is, I think he will probably be in Brawl.
My reasoning is that he became popular way too fast. It's a new game, people will be fascinated towards a new pokemon once the next pokemon game gets released. With ssbb on the other hand, represents the different games, rather than the games series. Also like Lunadis said, those 6 pokemon are enough (not to mention the pokeball which will contain a lot more pokemon as well. If lucario will be the game, it will mainly be in the form of a pokeball)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Your reasoning really has nothing to do with anything.

And, you could have at least posted this in those character's threads. -_-
Lol post it in the "official-unofficial lucario thread"? Just because the thread says its official, it doens't mean it is. If it were official it would be stickied.

EDIT: Not to mention, how does my reasoning have nothing to do with anything. When you say comments like that you need to back it up with proof of why.

vesperview

Smash Hero
My reasoning is that he became popular way too fast. It's a new game, people will be fascinated towards a new pokemon once the next pokemon game gets released. With ssbb on the other hand, represents the different games, rather than the games series. Also like Lunadis said, those 6 pokemon are enough (not to mention the pokeball which will contain a lot more pokemon as well. If lucario will be the game, it will mainly be in the form of a pokeball)
Lucario is probably a little too overrated, probably he won't be that popular by the time the next generation comes along but in the meantime he should be in Brawl.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't even know where people got the idea Lucario had a shot in the first place. How do we even know Sakurai knows who he is? Okay, maybe that's a stretch. But he wasn't on the poll. I think Lucario's inclusion is just a dream that was blown up by this forum.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
because there's a thread for lucario and pichu together right?.. Next time you post, post about what you think about my theory, rather then just trashing it.
I really think your theory is dumb, I've seen better arguments against Lucario and Pichu.

Lol post it in the "official-unofficial lucario thread"? Just because the thread says its official, it doens't mean it is. If it were official it would be stickied.
What a dumb conclusion to make. Everyone can't make a thread about a character just because they can, otherwise the boards would be cluttered with pointless topics, like this one.

-Knight

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Lucario is probably a little too overrated, probably he won't be that popular by the time the next generation comes along but in the meantime he should be in Brawl.
Yea, as a pokeball, not as a playable character. A lot of people on the thread like lucario being on ssbb, but just the same amount hate lucario being in ssbb, and when the next gen pokemon comes out, half the people will hate having lucario in the game, while the other half won't care.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

EDIT: Not to mention, how does my reasoning have nothing to do with anything. When you say comments like that you need to back it up with proof of why.
It IS the official thread...Lucario isn't important enough to be stickied...either way we'd have hundreds of stickied threads because there are hundreds of official character threads

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I really think your theory is dumb, I've seen better arguments against Lucario and Pichu.
Great then post them here, I'd like to see them.

What a dumb conclusion to make. Everyone can't make a thread about a character just because they can, otherwise the boards would be cluttered with pointless topics, like this one.

-Knight
Well no mod has decided to make a sticky for them, so I'll make whichever posts I plead. Just because you say its stupid doesn't mean I'lls top. Your the only obnoxious person I see on this thread anyways.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I don't think Lucario is going to make it at all. From my experience, every pokemon thats been in the ssb series have been pokemon that appear in red/blue (except pichu, I will talk about him in a second).)
Right because Lucas isn't from the newer mother game. Ike isn't from a newer Fire Emblem game. Link, Zelda, Samus, Wario, and Fox haven't been updated to look like their new game designs. Wait.. They are. So I see no reasoning in saying that they won't pick a new Pokémon from the new games. That's just foolish.

Pokémon Trainer was brought in because of Pokì0mon Fire Red and Leaf Green. NOT because of Red and Blue.
Get your facts straight.

Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jiggs, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are enough. :/
No they aren't. You all need to stop complaining about the number of Pokémon in this game.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Great then post them here, I'd like to see them.

Well no mod has decided to make a sticky for them, so I'll make whichever posts I plead. Just because you say its stupid doesn't mean I'lls top. Your the only obnoxious person I see on this thread anyways.
If you want to see those arguments, then go to the respective Lucario and Pichu threads. Just seach for them it's not that hard.

It it dumb to make a topic about characters that already have a topic.

-Knight

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
pokemon is one of nintendos big sellers like it or not pokemon is going to have a couple of more fighters then other series (plus the top seller part is why i think they got the pokeball item)

Cinder

Smash Master
But he wasn't on the poll.
And...Steven Stone's on the poll...Steven>Lucario? No...

I think Lucario's inclusion is just a dream that was blown up by this forum.
You think...

Seriously...what the **** is wrong with you people...I can understand that you don't want Lucario in...that ain't the problem...I just don't get why you *******s have to make an entire thread just to say a character shouldn't be in...you're just gonna piss off supporters, so STFU...

@Your Hero: you spoke too soon...why can't you just leave us supporters alone...we have a right to support Lucario, so why create a thread to bash supporters...

And come on: "I'll post whichever posts I please"...are you a mod? NO...you're cluttering the forums, and pissing off Lucario supporters...

EDIT: And Tyrannotaur's right...PT is a third gen rep...FR/LG...if PT were a first gen, he'd look a little more like Ash...

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If you want to see those arguments, then go to the respective Lucario and Pichu threads. Just seach for them it's not that hard.

It it dumb to make a topic about characters that already have a topic.

-Knight
Post them here. I'm not going to spend my time looking through the whole thread so that we can continue on with this argument. I made this thread to explain what I think about lucario and pichu. Not to fight with you.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Post them here. I'm not going to spend my time looking through the whole thread so that we can continue on with this argument. I made this thread to explain what I think about lucario and pichu. Not to fight with you.
I'm not trying to fight with you, I'm just explaining that the characters your discussing already have threads for them. It's not my fault your too lazy to read/post in respective threads. Oh well I feel like I'm wasting my time with you.

-Knight

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
And...Steven Stone's on the poll...Steven>Lucario? No...

You think...

Seriously...what the **** is wrong with you people...I can understand that you don't want Lucario in...that ain't the problem...I just don't get why you *******s have to make an entire thread just to say a character shouldn't be in...you're just gonna piss off supporters, so STFU...

@Your Hero: you spoke too soon...why can't you just leave us supporters alone...we have a right to support Lucario, so why create a thread to bash supporters...

And come on: "I'll post whichever posts I please"...are you a mod? NO...you're cluttering the forums, and pissing off Lucario supporters...

EDIT: And Tyrannotaur's right...PT is a third gen rep...FR/LG...if PT were a first gen, he'd look a little more like Ash...
I'm answering them in the order you stated them:

I spoke to soon because if I speak later then Lucario will be a playable character. Like I've said about 3 times already "It makes more sense to just add him as a pokeball pokemon". It's win-win.

Yea that's right. I'll post whenever I'd like. I joined the forum so that I can share my ideas with other people. Not to spend the time to post it so that it will disappear after a few posts. BTW your not a mod either, so I don't see where your point with being a mod has to do with anything.

Yea tyrannitor is right. PT is a third gen player. But I wasn't talking about PT. I was talking about the pokemon he uses that we, the players, play as.

I'm not trying to fight with you, I'm just explaining that the characters your discussing already have threads for them. It's not my fault your too lazy to read/post in respective threads. Oh well I feel like I'm wasting my time with you.

-Knight
Yes you are wasting your time with me. We'd both rather you left. I personally never like being this inconsiderate, but it's impossible for me to be nice atm. All you had to do on this thread is post on the comment I made, not bash where I wrote it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
pokemon is one of nintendos big sellers like it or not pokemon is going to have a couple of more fighters then other series (plus the top seller part is why i think they got the pokeball item)

Yea your right; but what is first, mario right?

ok let's see what the playable characters are atm

Mario games:
-Mario
-Peach
-Yoshi
-Bowser
-Wario
characters that are supposed to be/wanted in the game:
-Luigi
-Waluigi

Pokemon Games:
-Ivysaur, squirtle, charizard (3)
-Pikachu
characters that are supposed to be/wanted in the game:
-Mewtwo
-Jigglypuff
plus anything else here : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95287

Therefore with those characters don't you think it seems to be a fair amount of pokemon characters represented in ssbb for pokemon already?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I don't like Lucario, but because all other possible canidates for Pokemon reps are Pokeballs, then he'll probably make it.

Cinder

Smash Master
I'm answering them in the order you stated them:

I spoke to soon because if I speak later then Lucario will be a playable character. Like I've said about 3 times already "It makes more sense to just add him as a pokeball pokemon". It's win-win.
I meant that you spoke too soon about KN being the only "obnoxious" person here...you shoulda given it five more minutes...and it doesn't make more sense to put a perfect Brawl Pokemon as a Pokeball...and it ain't win-win...it would be a disgrace...

Yea that's right. I'll post whenever I'd like. I joined the forum so that I can share my ideas with other people. Not to spend the time to post it so that it will disappear after a few posts. BTW your not a mod either, so I don't see where your point with being a mod has to do with anything.
Oh, I'm sorry...I never realized I said I was a mod...and once again, there are threads for Lucario AND Pichu...you may think it's okay 'cuz it's an anti-Lucario/Pichu thread...but the Official threads are there for a reason...they got approved by the mods...

Yea tyrannitor is right. PT is a third gen player. But I wasn't talking about PT. I was talking about the pokemon he uses that we, the players, play as.
Who also appeared in the third gen...just 'cuz they appeared in the first gen doesn't mean they're first gen incarnations...PT is third generation...his Pokemon weren't transferred in from R/B...

Yes you are wasting your time with me. We'd both rather you left. I personally never like being this inconsiderate, but it's impossible for me to be nice atm. All you had to do on this thread is post on the comment I made, not bash where I wrote it.
You're having trouble being nice? Hmm...I've had projects due left and right...I've been sick all week...I can hardly ever get a good night's sleep...you're not the only one in a bad mood...

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I meant that you spoke too soon about KN being the only "obnoxious" person here...you shoulda given it five more minutes...and it doesn't make more sense to put a perfect Brawl Pokemon as a Pokeball...and it ain't win-win...it would be a disgrace...

Oh, I'm sorry...I never realized I said I was a mod...and once again, there are threads for Lucario AND Pichu...you may think it's okay 'cuz it's an anti-Lucario/Pichu thread...but the Official threads are there for a reason...they got approved by the mods...

Who also appeared in the third gen...just 'cuz they appeared in the first gen doesn't mean they're first gen incarnations...PT is third generation...his Pokemon weren't transferred in from R/B...

You're having trouble being nice? I've been sick all week...I can hardly ever get a good night's sleep...you're not the only one in a bad mood...
Yet again in order:

I already started to get sick of him, the sooner I could have gotten rid of him the better. Also he's not the perfect brawl pokemon. Any fighting type pokemon would be the perfect brawl character if he was. They all have the same attacks.

I'm new to these forums. I'm not used to threads being official because a mod made it official (without it saying anywhere in the title). I'm sorry about that, it's my mistake.

I meant to say their first appearance and introductions were from the 1st generation pokemon.

I didn't mean being nice in real life, I meant being nice to people who don't agree with me on this thread. I have to sound rude so that I can fight for myself here. Sorry to here about what happened to you, but it's none of my personal business on the threads, nor is it anyone elses.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Just so that everyone knows FR and LG are remakes of Red and Green for the gba. They Remade PT for that game and thats where the SSBB model comes from.

And lets keep it civil people! He didn't say that Lucario WONT be playable, just that he THINKS he wont be a character. Clearly stating his opinion and not claiming them as facts.

I also think lucario will not be a PC but WILL be a ball mon. The more I look at him the less reason I see for him to be a PC over pokemon like Meowth and so on.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Just so that everyone knows FR and LG are remakes of Red and Green for the gba. They Remade PT for that game and thats where the SSBB model comes from.

And lets keep it civil people! He didn't say that Lucario WONT be playable, just that he THINKS he wont be a character. Clearly stating his opinion and not claiming them as facts.

I also think lucario will not be a PC but WILL be a ball mon. The more I look at him the less reason I see for him to be a PC over pokemon like Meowth and so on.
Thank you for the support.

Anyways I have to go to bed. It's you,the posters, decision to keep this thread alive or not.(sorry I don't know how to say this gramitcally correct lol :])

kaid

Smash Master
For the record, you reed to read the stickies.

THIS is the list of all the official threads. As you can see, there's too many to sticky them all, so the mods stickied the list.

Cinder

Smash Master
I didn't mean being nice in real life, I meant being nice to people who don't agree with me on this thread. I have to sound rude so that I can fight for myself here. Sorry to here about what happened to you, but it's none of my personal business on the threads, nor is it anyone elses.
*sigh*...I'm done arguing...I don't wanna make anyone feel like I'm forcing my opinion...it makes me look like a fanboy x_x...you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine...and I'm sorry I got my personal life into it...besides, my ex-gf and I are still practically best friends, and it was several weeks ago...so that was a bogus excuse (which is why I swapped it:p)...

You just wanna call a truce? I think it's fair to acknowledge that we don't know if Lucario's in or not, and that we are both entitled to our opinions...maybe we can engage in a friendly debate...when I'm not in a bite-your-head-off mood:laugh:...but be warned...there are a crapload of fanboys who will stop at nothing to destroy this thread...*coughpyrasterrancough*...

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Wow... It's only unbelievable how so many people rejects the idea of Lucario, for stupidest reasons. Many of them is only because they it's unfair that Pokemon will get more reps than others, which is true but it's a selfish thought really.
I like Lucario, but that's not the reason I want him in. The reason I think he should be in, is because out of all the Pokemons is the most "deserving" one that should be in Brawl.
1. He's a fighting type PKMN, and has a human-like figure.
2. Has lots of Fighting Based moves
3. He's Popular (I don't really like to add that, but how do you think Jigglypuff got before)

I am not saying you need these requirements to be a playable Pokemon, but I'm just saying it would make more sense seeing him playable than someone like Mudkip (I love Mudkip just so you know).
And PT has 3 playable Pokemon, true. But he only represents 1 rep for Pokemon. PT represents the very first starters in Pokemon, so that's why it was done that way. Therefore, PT and Pikachu represents 2 reps, not 4.

Top Bottom