• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't see my wifi options.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I went to the NWC menu but the options weren't below "With anyone" and "With friends".What's going on?

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
u probably dont have internet.
or ur not playin brawl. mayb another game..

andytw710

Smash Cadet
Me to...which I think could lead to why I am not getting anyone in anonymous games.

Qaszimon

Smash Rookie
All that's in that menu is "Allow Spectators" and "Smash Service."

No wifi options at all. The anonymous games are down for everyone, I think. I can't get in them either.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
I also have ridiculous lag online... I think there may be a problem with this game's WiFi. It should show up all the time anyways.

scuzabutacus

Smash Rookie
Somethings not right. There's talk of deleting your gamesave data and it re-appearing, but I heard that at Gamefaqs. Those guys are pretty malicious.

This does pose a dilemma: Do I delete my file now and hope it works with only 6 hours played and 4 characters unlocked? or: Do I keep playing, hoping that it will re-appear/nintendo will fix it/some official word is uttered?

Hrm....

Zedarius

Smash Rookie
Directly from the manual:

"Depending on when you play, you may see options appear under the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection menu. The option spectator may appear under the "with anyone" menu in the same fashion."

Seriously? "Depending on when you play, you MAY see options appear?" What does that even MEAN? *laughs*

Add one to the I'm-not-able-to-spectate-or-change-options list.

saan

Smash Rookie
There's a post at Infendo about this [here].

I got my copy early and played a match, but I do have the options menu. My problem is none of my friends are confirmed as registered, it says "awaiting user". Is this from the same problem or does it just take a (long) while for it to go through? (They've all registered me, by the way.)

Zedarius

Smash Rookie
So I called Nintendo Tech Support. Here is more or less what happened:

Me: I just bought SSBB and I'm not able to spectate games or go into the options under the Wi-Fi Connection Menu.

Her: Let me put you on hold for a minute while I see if there's anything I can do.

[10 minutes pass...]

Her: It looks like you're going to have to send in your console and game disc.

Me: So this isn't even a known problem? I read a bunch of forums and a lot of people are having this problem.

Her: No, it's not a known problem. [Ugh... Personally, I don't believe this. I just think she isn't "in the loop" or whatever]

Me: It doesn't seem like it's a hardware problem... [I read her the shady part in the manual about how it MAY show up]. Is there anybody who might know what this means?

Her: Um.. I. Uh. I know what that means. But you're going to have to send in your console and disc to make sure it's not a disc problem.

Me: Okay, fine. I'm not really willing to do that, so I'll see if it fixes itself or something. I'll call back if I decide to send in my console.

Her: Okay. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me: No, that's all.

Her: Have a nice day.

Ugh. I hate tech support... Computer tech support = reformat your hard drive. Console tech support = you need to send in your console.

So that's the latest. Guess we have more waiting to do.

saan

Smash Rookie
Found a post on the Nintendo support forums: link
I've gotten mine to show up. Hopefully everyone else will have theirs soon too and it won't be an issue anymore.

I The Nemesis I

Smash Cadet
The option screen shows up for me but I can tell you that it's not anything important. It has two options: 1) Allow spectators (yes/no) 2) Smash service (accept/decline). Smash service is something where you receive messages about Brawl on Wifi message board.

So, yeah.

Zedarius

Smash Rookie
The Nemesis - people who don't have the options menu also can't spectate matches. Is it game-crushing? No. Is it annoying? Yes.

Zedarius

Smash Rookie
Yay! Mine just showed up this morning. If yours isn't there, someone found out that going to delete all data and choosing NO to confirm can fix the issue as well. Yay for not having to delete everything! =)

Top Bottom