• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't have Brawl reserved....chances of actually getting a copy tomorrow?

2azn4u

Smash Rookie
I haven't had time to reserve a copy, and I can't go to the midnight release since I can't even drive yet >.> What are the chances I can walk into a gamestop tomorrow in a town of ~ 20,000 and still get a copy of Brawl? If not, how long will it take if I then reserve a game?

B J

Smash Cadet
if u haven't reserved a copy, that could be a problem.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
I can't speak on behalf of the stores selling brawl, but I really doubt that they will sell out non-preorder copies within minutes of opening. I'm going there about an hour early to wait tomorrow

andytw710

Smash Cadet
A few places might not have it but if you look around you are bound to find a copy.

TehCadenzilla

Smash Apprentice
if you live near a target try to go early in the morning i called and they said "Its a a first come first serve thing if you get here kind of early you'll be fine"

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the area you live in, and other factors. I can't get it tomorrow. I'm hoping I can on monday. Not counting on it though, stores probably won't have any copies left. It's rather depressing.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
depends...... if you live in a area like me i could go get brawls quite easily (lots of malls and not many SSB fans) but if you live in like NY (and lately ive seen a lot of ohioans) then your chances are slim.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
go to best buy. I only reserved mine because I'm participating in the tournament. Even with big name titles like halo 2 and 3 i just walked into a game crazy and bought it at 12:01.

Shuma

Smash Hero
It depends. I have 3 gamestops around, 2 walmarts, 1 kmart, 1 bestbuy, 1 target, 2 toy's r us and 1 Kbtoys or whatever is it's name.

And i doubt all of them would sell all their games in the first day.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
You have a good chance of getting it tomorrow at least it depends on the are you live in for example where I live super smash bros is not that popular so I think there will be a good chance of me getting it, as for you I have no idea, before you go to buy it call them to make sure they still have it in stock

Kietharr

Smash Cadet
Depends on where you live, I live within 35 minutes of about 20 different stores that will be carrying Brawl so I don't expect to have issues considering there are more copies of brawl spread throughout those stores than there are Wiis in my area.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Well depends on where you live.

I'd say a 50% chance in a metropolitan area; 20% chance in a semi-urban area; >1% in a rural area.

Martini!

Smash Rookie
Don't think you have no chance at getting it. I reserved my copy... not even two days ago at Gamestop, so it could happen.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I bet you'll be able to get a copy. Just think positively. ^^ Here's hoping to you getting Brawl.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It simply depends on where you are and how many stores you have in your area.

Our Wal-Mart got around 160 copies or so with 50 more on the way. And from what it sounds like this is what alot of them got. I know alot of people that want it but at the same time that number is quite small compared to much larger areas.

Luigiog

Smash Rookie
You have a chance a very slim chance I didn't reserve galaxy and got the last one a guy right after me wanted it

brootal

Smash Rookie
Going by my Gamestop, all pre-orders or sold out.
So, I'd say not for a while kiddo.

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
chances are slim. my gamestop in a pretty non gaming small town is sold out they put all of there copys to pre orders and none for store the next day. so if u live in any town at all chances are slim

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'd guess that you wouldn't have too much of a problem if you don't mind checking several places just in case.

Me? I doubt it. I'm going to one place and don't have it reserved... woe is me. XD

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know about stores OTHER than gamestop? I'm sick of hearing about gamestop, we all know that most people flock their for their games.

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
Chances will be pretty good.

1. Not many people have wiis
2. Not all people with wiis will be playing brawl
3. Some stores PROMISE to have copies of brawl for sale (Best Buy here is selling 180 instore).

Just show up around the opening of a store and you should be fine. No need to line up or anything unless you are hardcore (which a whole bunch of my friends are XD).

Best of luck!

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
Depends where you live. I didnt preorder, mainly because I didnt have a Wii until five days ago. But I know not many people in my area have wii's, and I know those that do wont all want Brawl. Just be positive. I'm sure you'll find it.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
The casher said to me at gamestop yesterday: "If it's [brawl] not reserved, you wont get it."

good thing I reserved it AND prepaid.

(if you prepay you automatically have a copyfor 2 days after the release, if you just reserve they might sell your reserve off to someone who has paid more than you (but not in full)).

Top Bottom