• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I dislike the Subspace Emissary."

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
SSE was over-hyped, and Sakurai didn't stay true to his word about it. :(

Straight fromthe dojo:

"The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development. You’ll see many famous characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories, shouldering their unique burdens... It’s really something you won’t see anywhere else."

Bullcrap.

Worlds from the actual series should ahve been implemented as well as enemies and gameplay features/mechanics. SSE was good--but a failure to our expectations.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Did you understand the Great Maze? If so, no problem. I actually had the most fun there because I had access to any character (cept sonic) and had awesome stickers by that time (Ike +flinch resistance = DOOM)

The cut-scenes were so flippin' awesome. When I saw Fox own Rayquazza I was pretty sure that SSBB was the coolest game I'd ever seen.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

The only thing that annoyed me was Tabuu. WTF WAS HE!? They should have just had the Master Hand as the main boss. That would have been sooo much more epic than some stupid blue freek...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^^ That's Sakurai's style, to introduce a WTF guy every and any time a game is about to end. :p

anyways--SSB OVER-done? I disagree--it was UNDERDONE! In fact... it wasn't even done! Obviously the SSB isn't as nearly as great as the development team had originally thought--at least, I hope...

SSB shouldn't be cut--it was a great concept, and a bit entertaining, it just was rough...realy rough... around the edges.. and insides.... but still, if the same concept can be redone and they pull stuff from all the characters games, give us a VERRRYYYY long campaign, make each battle/series of battles differ from the last, and bring in new and old bosses, SSB would be fantastic--just like everyone thought it would be :'(...

cjrocker

Smash Ace
"The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development. You’ll see many famous characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories, shouldering their unique burdens... It’s really something you won’t see anywhere else."
Wow. Character development? Maybe Lucas, but that's about it.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea--absolutely none of this was even slightly portrayed in the actual game. Except Lucas getting kinda brave, as you mentioned. Sakurai let us down when it comes to the SSE :/ or.. the team who built it did... built?

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah SSE was somewhat repetetive. Same thing over and over again, it got boring fast. It was OK but it could've been a little better. But I did like the bosses and the cutscenes. The cutscenes had decent graphics too.

The_RMF

Smash Rookie
I loved all parts of Subspace Emissary, but I gotta agree, The Great Maze is really hard to understand, only when I had like 5 guys to defeat that I realized what to do.

If they had done a continuous "line" where you go through all the stages, without the "Maze", just go thru them, restore the health between them and follow up to the next, at the end of each stage, there would be a boss and/or a shadow character

Thirskk

Smash Rookie
i liked most of it except taboo and the great maze
coulda been better but i thought it was decent

only good thing out of it was that it was probably the easiest way to get all the chars.

Top Bottom